Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

2009 Copper Uzzi

Might as well make my first mtbr post where it belongs in the Uzzi VP photo album - not sure how well it stands up against all these beautiful builds, but I love this bike - pretty much the same setup as when I bought it in '09 except for the 1x conversion and new lowers on the totem (which suffered from a bad crash and fractured the magnesium)

Currently setup with downhill tires for N* next weekend - stoked

Uzzi VP photo album-img_0160.jpgUzzi VP photo album-img_0157.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOracer View Post
    Might as well make my first mtbr post where it belongs in the Uzzi VP photo album - not sure how well it stands up against all these beautiful builds, but I love this bike - pretty much the same setup as when I bought it in '09 except for the 1x conversion and new lowers on the totem (which suffered from a bad crash and fractured the magnesium)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	898958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0157.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	898959
    nice one!

and SLO stands for Slovenia?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mofrank View Post
    nice one!

and SLO stands for Slovenia?
    Thanks! and it's the other SLO - San Luis Obispo... and also, I'm not that fast, so 2 for 1

oh, you've got that Blue Uzzi - That build is sick!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Thanks! and it's the other SLO - San Luis Obispo... and also, I'm not that fast, so 2 for 1

oh, you've got that Blue Uzzi - That build is sick!
    ohwell, then you're definitely not in the neighbourhood! i checked your area and.. eh.. stunning!
    and yep, that Blue, she belongs to me sadly i couldn't get her out more than a dozen times since the photos taken, 'cause it's graduating time..
    i think the Uzzi-project is completed for a while, maybe i'll get some air shock(monarch?), 1*10, and a reverb.

cheers!

mtbr member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	898958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0157.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	898959
    Sweet ride! Have fun at North Star
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Took her out today to stretch her legs before hitting the bike park next week. Still loving this bike!

mtbr member
    I took my Uzzi to Snow Summit Bike Park last Friday with a co worker, (also on an Uzzi) and his son. Here is a little helmet cam action from then. It was the last run of the day, so I was pretty spent, but still had a blast and my bike handled perfect.

Snow Summit Bike Park - YouTube

13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredman69 View Post
    I took my Uzzi to Snow Summit Bike Park last Friday with a co worker, (also on an Uzzi) and his son. Here is a little helmet cam action from then. It was the last run of the day, so I was pretty spent, but still had a blast and my bike handled perfect.

Sweet! That's where I'm headed next Friday. Went up a couple of weeks after opening with some people that hadn't been. They are bring more DH oriented bikes this time Not necessarily needed there, but way more fun!

mtbr member
    Yea, that was my second time up this year and they added some more features that weren't there the first time, like the wall ride and more jumps. Pretty awesome! And I'll be hittin up Mammoth the weekend after Father's Day.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone from OC Here? Would like to ask how hard are the climbs there that made an uzzi overkill for such terrain? I will be migrating to Garden Grove in the future and I still have my Uzzi with me. Contemplating if I should sell it now and get a more appropriate 6inch travel bike. But if the uzzi can handle OC trails well then I guess I should just bring it over. I am more on the average to great pedalling bike but a fantastic/confidence inspiring descender.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LGavin View Post
    Anyone from OC Here? Would like to ask how hard are the climbs there that made an uzzi overkill for such terrain? I will be migrating to Garden Grove in the future and I still have my Uzzi with me. Contemplating if I should sell it now and get a more appropriate 6inch travel bike. But if the uzzi can handle OC trails well then I guess I should just bring it over. I am more on the average to great pedalling bike but a fantastic/confidence inspiring descender.

I ride OC a lot and also have a buddy that lives in Garden Grove and we both have Uzzi's. The Uzzi is perfect for riding there. There are some steep climbs there, and I've climbed them no problem, then there are some knarley technical DH too and that's where the Uzzi really shines. I have wide gearing though so that helps me on the climbs.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LGavin View Post
    There are very few of the better known rides here in the OC with 1000 ft or less of climbing so I find my Tracer getting more use down here and can handle just about anything around. But, I wouldn't get rid of the Uzzi if you plan on riding Snow Summit or some of the better bootlegs down the hill. My DH rig is almost overkill for Summit, but an Uzzi would be a blast there.

mtbr member
    I've been to Summit and Mammoth this year on my Uzzi and it was awesome. Just perfect for it.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    editing my post for some slightly better pics

Talas 180
    pushed dhx 4 w/ Ti spring
    Elixir CR brakes
    Crossmax SX wheels (w/ 2.5 Minion DHF tires)
    Transition Revolution 32 (2.5 Minion DHF tires for DH days)
    x9 9-speed with 36t cog.
    XT cranks with 32t chainring and MRP G3 guide
    Moove Torque pedals
    Race Face Atlas FR 785 w/ Transition Temple Lite stem
    ODI SDG grips
    WTB saddle on Thomson post
    approx. weight: 36.5

Near future plans are to swap out the tires to 2.35 Minions that I have on another set of wheels to lighten her up for non DH days. I'll promptly re add that weight with a dropper seatpost (probably Rockshox reverb). Drop the MRP guide and get a narrow/wide Race Face chainring. Hoping to be around 34.5 when its all said and done. My previous bike was a 39lb bottlerocket so sub-35lbs would be awesome.

So far have ridden it at a local trail park and it was a lot of fun. Overkill, for most of that riding. I've got a Transition Double for riding there though. I also rode it at Stevens Pass. It was a lot of fun, but sure didn't make me any faster. I felt like I was getting faster as the day wore on and I made adjustments to the fork and to my brakes. However, my fitness isn't quite up there so adjustments could only help me so much. Maybe I could've lasted longer on each run had I made the adjustments earlier, but I really doubt it.

Before this bike, I had a Transition Bottlerocket. While that was a super fun bike, it rode very similar to the Double. It started seeing only AM duties and its certainly not the best bike for that. My goal in picking up this bike was to have two very different bikes. I'd say my goal was met. The Uzzi is sooo plush. It took some getting used to that and the longer wheelbase. My timing on jumps and drops was so far off. It only took a few runs and I felt more comfortable.

I think I'm going to have a good time riding this bike.

btw, does anyone have any suggestions on where I should throw on some additional purple bits? I'll pick up the chainring in purple, but I feel like I could use another purple piece somewhere. I thought about wheels, but I like the Crossmax wheels. If I destroy them, then I'll probably look for purple wheels. Maybe I could find a seat collar. I will also save up some pennies for Deity Decoys in purple.

-joel
    Last edited by jojotherider; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone running 30mm rise hbar with 180 fork with the uzzi? Does it feel to high? How is the climbing? I plan to try a 30mm rise. No spacers below the stem. Headset is ck with stack top and bottom.

mtbr member
    40mm rise with spacers and 180mm fork, climbs just fine, descends awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-image.jpg  

13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Uzzi

Uzzi VP photo album-image.jpg

Definitely not as good a climber as my dw turner but super fun in the downhill. Super sure footed. I guess the fun factor is much more important with a ride. Such an all around bike if you have the leg power to bring it to the top.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hey guys, what do you think about to put 27,5 wheels on a 2013 Uzzy?

mtbr member
    It can be done, but I'm personally not a 27.5 fan. 26" wheels are lighter, stiffer, handle better and with 7" of plush suspension, it rolls over stuff as good or better than a 27.5 with 160mm travel like every new 27.5 has. I think a better upgrade is running tubless wide carbon hookless, rims like Derby, Light Bikes or Nextie. They are light, strong and the wide rim gives the tire a larger contact patch for better traction, plus a larger air volume means they can be run at lower pressures, also for better traction without burping or pinch flats.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31