Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 300 of 833
  1. #201
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    621
    Looks good Len!

    you and Jon are going to be twins!

  2. #202
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11

    uzzi vp

    Just a question

    As i understand it, the vp is the freeride bike?

    It also appears though to have the "fro" designation, witness the green bike images on this page. This was one of the reasons that people did not ride the socom as a fr bike because fro bikes were not as staunch so that they could be "for racing only".

    Does the fro designation man something else on the 2009 models?

    Thanx

  3. #203
    Eating Hot Pockets
    Reputation: A. Nony Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by karlfoto
    It also appears though to have the "fro" designation, witness the green bike images on this page.
    that 'FRO' on the green one is a fake.
    My girlfriend didn't like the red/black graphics that came on her white Tracer VP, so i got a set of those camo Socom decals.. and the set included the FRO badge... I couldn't resist sticking it on my Gruzzi

    Last edited by A. Nony Moose; 11-30-2009 at 02:02 PM.

  4. #204
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11
    caught me out there...

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    52

    My new UZZI

    Frame: Intense Uzzi VP
    RearShock: Fox DHX 4 Coil.
    Fork: Totem soloair 180 1.5
    Brake: Magura Gustav M
    Brake: Magura Gustav-M disc brake, rear - 190mm
    Brake: Magura Disc pad set, Gustav-M - 1.2 endur pr
    Shifter: SRAM X.0 Trigger ESP 1:1 rear shifter, 9sp - right (sil)
    Shifter: Truvativ HSchmidt/X.0-Trigger front shifter, 2x - left
    Cable: Shimano Stainless
    Housing: Shimano Housing
    Crank: Truvativ HammerSchmidt FR
    BottomBracket: Truvativ HammerSchmidt FR
    Cassette: SRAM PG970 Red.
    RearDerailleur: SRAM X.O
    Chain: Shimano XTR 7701
    Rim: Azonic Outlaw RED
    Tire: Maxxis Minion-DHF UST K tire, 26 x 2.35
    Tire: Maxxis Minion-DHR UST K tire, 26 x 2.35
    Pedal: Crank brothers 5050
    Headset: Chris King 1.5 GOLD
    Stem: Transition Bikes - red
    Handlebar: Truvativ Hussefelt
    Grip: LizzardSkin, Transition Bikes end Cap - gold
    Seatpost: Thompson Elite
    Saddle: Selle Italia YUTAAK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-nik_0003.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-nik_0004.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-nik_0005.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-nik_0006.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-nik_0008.jpg  


  6. #206
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8
    My extraordinary bike.


  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by bachmayeah

    if the scale did not lie, it´s about 32 lbs...
    Can you comment on ride quality w/ dhx air? I'm looking to build a similar aggressive AM setup and am considering dhx air b/c its lighter and I want the shorter travel (7" - 6.5"). Does the bike blow through its travel quickly? How does the suspension feel through the whole stroke? Small bump and square edge hit performance? Can you also comment on running the float on there? I had a van rc2 on my ss but haven't spent any time on the float in nasty terrain.

    Cheers

  8. #208
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    236
    Sick bike albert. What does that baby weigh in at?

  9. #209
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72

    Quick Question on G3

    Just curious about how the g3 settings work together. Does slack ha = low bb = long cs? Or do the angles / measurements change in some other combination?

  10. #210
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forceyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by richiban
    Just curious about how the g3 settings work together. Does slack ha = low bb = long cs? Or do the angles / measurements change in some other combination?
    You got it right, as you swing the g3 out the bb gets lower, chainstay grows, and HA slackens.

  11. #211
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dose
    Sick bike albert. What does that baby weigh in at?

    Thank's Dose, just over 35,7 lbs.

  12. #212
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bachmayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by richiban
    Can you comment on ride quality w/ dhx air? I'm looking to build a similar aggressive AM setup and am considering dhx air b/c its lighter and I want the shorter travel (7" - 6.5"). Does the bike blow through its travel quickly? How does the suspension feel through the whole stroke? Small bump and square edge hit performance? Can you also comment on running the float on there? I had a van rc2 on my ss but haven't spent any time on the float in nasty terrain.

    Cheers
    i am happy with the setup. the dhx air feels pretty coil´ish. i am not sure but i read that the dhx air has a special "uzzi-tune". mr intense confirmed that but noone can tell me details. the bike does not blow through its complete rear travel. at least not that bad. concerning the float: i had a van r first, after selling it i bought the float, which is perfect for me: less weight, no problems at all, very sensitiv and a very good responding behavior. due to the weight i can pedal very good uphill. all in all the best allround-bike i ever had. i will try a wider handlebar with less rise but that´s all i will change.

  13. #213
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by bachmayeah
    i am happy with the setup. the dhx air feels pretty coil´ish. i am not sure but i read that the dhx air has a special "uzzi-tune". mr intense confirmed that but noone can tell me details. the bike does not blow through its complete rear travel. at least not that bad. concerning the float: i had a van r first, after selling it i bought the float, which is perfect for me: less weight, no problems at all, very sensitiv and a very good responding behavior. due to the weight i can pedal very good uphill. all in all the best allround-bike i ever had. i will try a wider handlebar with less rise but that´s all i will change.

    I am looking to get an Uzzi as well, but want it set up for AM. What does your bike weigh? I would be going with DHX air/Talas 36.

    Thanks!

  14. #214
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bachmayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainCycler
    I am looking to get an Uzzi as well, but want it set up for AM. What does your bike weigh? I would be going with DHX air/Talas 36.

    Thanks!
    plz concerning the weight: take a look on my 1st post

  15. #215
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72

    DHX Air / Rocco Air

    Can anyone tell me which DHX Air I need to order (have to get one aftermarket b/c On the Edge doesn't sell them)? Also, do I order same size if I go for Rocco Air? Lastly someone above mentioned w/ Rocco they are getting 7-7 1/2" travel. I thought w/ air travel went down to 6-1/2 to 7"???

    Cheers,

    Rich

  16. #216
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by bachmayeah
    plz concerning the weight: take a look on my 1st post

    Thanks, didn't see it under the photo.

  17. #217
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forceyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by richiban
    Can anyone tell me which DHX Air I need to order (have to get one aftermarket b/c On the Edge doesn't sell them)? Also, do I order same size if I go for Rocco Air? Lastly someone above mentioned w/ Rocco they are getting 7-7 1/2" travel. I thought w/ air travel went down to 6-1/2 to 7"???

    Cheers,

    Rich
    The eye to eye for the Uzzi is 8.75. Fox offers the DHX air in 8.75X 2.50 and that is why you loose a little travel with the DHX. The Roco air is available in a 8.75 x 2.75 so you do not loose any travel.

  18. #218
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by forceyoda
    The eye to eye for the Uzzi is 8.75. Fox offers the DHX air in 8.75X 2.50 and that is why you loose a little travel with the DHX. The Roco air is available in a 8.75 x 2.75 so you do not loose any travel.
    I am thinking about using a Rocco Air World Cup too. Any thoughts on wether this is a good decision or should I go with the DHX RC4 or really bite the bullit and get a Cane Creek Double Barrell. Anyones thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks

  19. #219
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24
    Good Morning



  20. #220
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    203
    LOL. That's awesome!

  21. #221
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    116
    You are going to need a bigger bed now

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    180
    jajaja!!! thats very sweety....

    My uzzi will arrive at december finals probably... it will be the same color thats your uzzi Dr.Mud...

  23. #223
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72

    G3 adjustability???

    Some have posted that there are 3 G3 settings AND travel adjust. But looking at the frame I only noticed two holes in the chainstay to adjust geo. Are there actually three under there and the third was just covered by the dropout? And Intense's website only seems to give angles for 2 different settings. Where is the 3rd setting??? What's the deal???

    Ordering works raw medium tomorrow...

  24. #224
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoMTB
    jajaja!!! thats very sweety....

    My uzzi will arrive at december finals probably... it will be the same color thats your uzzi Dr.Mud...
    Grats! Red is THE color...its classic and always up to date !

    @richiban: There are only 2 settings for travel as far is i can see (7" / 7,5")

  25. #225
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by richiban
    Some have posted that there are 3 G3 settings AND travel adjust. But looking at the frame I only noticed two holes in the chainstay to adjust geo. Are there actually three under there and the third was just covered by the dropout? And Intense's website only seems to give angles for 2 different settings. Where is the 3rd setting??? What's the deal???

    Ordering works raw medium tomorrow...
    Sorry...just to be clear my question is whether there are 2 or 3 different geometry settings.

  26. #226
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Navj
    After a long, long waith, here's mine..."Work in progress" yet, but really close to final version.
    This bike is soooo beautiful

    Do you know its weight?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  27. #227
    rain rain go away...
    Reputation: peachy-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by richiban
    Sorry...just to be clear my question is whether there are 2 or 3 different geometry settings.
    you have the bike don't you? open it up and look.

    there should be 3 holes on the dropout and 2 on the shock link. how many diff combinations can u do with that? 6.

  28. #228
    on a routine expedition
    Reputation: Marshall Willanholly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy-B
    you have the bike don't you? open it up and look.

    there should be 3 holes on the dropout and 2 on the shock link. how many diff combinations can u do with that? 6.
    The two travel (shock link) settings do not affect the geometry.

    UZZI vp preproduction works blue

    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    Here it is & this is very close to a production bike , just a few machined bits will change & downtube. I have settled on the adjustable travel @ 7" or 7.5" using a 8.75 X 2.75 keeping the leverage ratio in the sweet spot at around 2.5.depending on travel setting.
    We are incorperating the new "G3 drop out" that gives 3 way geometry adjustment to chainstay length, BB height & head angle. 1/4" change to CS & BB height & 1/2 degree on HA. In middle setting on G3 CS is 17.25" & BB @ 14" w fox 36 & 14.25" w 180 Totem.
    Recomended 160 to 180 forks, Head angle in middle setting on G3 is 67 with Fox 36 & 66 with 180 totem, you can figure the numbers in the other settings. Again as on the Tracer vp the travel adjust does not affect the geometry. Also 1.5 HT & machined in ISCG 05 and is Hammerschmit compatable, dropper seat post guides.
    So you can see how tweekable this frame is & there is Mega tire room even in the short setting.

  29. #229
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy-B
    you have the bike don't you? open it up and look.

    there should be 3 holes on the dropout and 2 on the shock link. how many diff combinations can u do with that? 6.
    nope...just put in my order this morning. thanks to everyone in this thread for answering questions and posting up some sick and inspiring rides. i'll post up in a couple weeks when i get the build done.

    cheers!

  30. #230
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bachmayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    229

  31. #231
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    159

    nice

    it's a nice bike but i miss a chainguide!

  32. #232
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CalEpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    628
    One more for the gallery.


  33. #233
    mtbr member
    Reputation: euskadiendurero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Your bike is impresionant albert64, really beautyfull.

  34. #234
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8
    Thanks euskdiendurero.

  35. #235
    Ermassets Power
    Reputation: vsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    19

    6.6 substitute

    Here my new Copper Uzzi in "Ses Cases del Rei Sanç" in Mallorca, Spain

    Uzzi VP photo album-imgp6064.jpg

    The bike climbs better that I thought! And it is really really stable (compared with my previous 6.6).

    Uzzi VP photo album-imgp6059.jpg

    Frame: Intense Uzzi with 2010 DHX 5.0
    Fork: RockShox Lyrik Coil U-turn
    Crankset: Shimano XTR
    Brakes: Avid Elixir R
    Front derailleur: Shimano XTR
    Rear derailleur: Sram X-O
    Shifters: Sram X-9
    Post: Thomson elite
    Stem: Thomson 4X
    Bar: USE carbon
    Grips: Intense-Odi
    Saddle: Fizik Gobi XM
    Rims: DT 5.1D
    Hubs: Hope Pro 2
    Front Tire: Maxxis High Roller 2.35
    Back Tire: Intense System 4 2.25 dual compound

    Weight: 14.9Kg / 32.85 lb

  36. #236
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bachmayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    229
    nice bike vsense. but it looks somhow more red than the other copper uzzis.
    do you come from mallorca? are there good trails to ride? my sister lives in mallorca and i thought several times of taking a bike with me to her.

  37. #237
    Ermassets Power
    Reputation: vsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by bachmayeah
    nice bike vsense. but it looks somhow more red than the other copper uzzis.
    do you come from mallorca? are there good trails to ride? my sister lives in mallorca and i thought several times of taking a bike with me to her.
    Well, I have to say that bike's color in a cloudy day is dark red, with moderate sun is something like red and with a powerful light something between yellow and red...

    Mallorca is full of good trails, with pine and oak forest and lots of stones and roots. It could be a good idea if you ship your bike next time you go here.

    Watch some pictures of our epic excursions http://ermassets.blogspot.com

  38. #238
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bachmayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by vsense
    Well, I have to say that bike's color in a cloudy day is dark red, with moderate sun is something like red and with a powerful light something between yellow and red...

    Mallorca is full of good trails, with pine and oak forest and lots of stones and roots. It could be a good idea if you ship your bike next time you go here.

    Watch some pictures of our epic excursions http://ermassets.blogspot.com
    pretty nice.. tough uphill-ride, too. i just know the mountain of Sóller from driving from llucmajor/palma to port d´andratx or port de Sóller. there sould be some nice trails. somewhere... next time i might be there with bike i will contact you

  39. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44

    ... and if we just ... My Uzzi

    Frame: Large Uzzi VP, Works Raw, Ti dropout bolts
    Rear shock: Cane Creek doubble barrel, Obtainium 375lb ti spring, Ti mounting bolts
    Fork: Totem Coil DH
    Headset: King 1.5, star nut and ti bolt
    Stem: Thomson Elite 45mm, Ti bolts
    Bars/Grips: Easton Monkeylite DH, Sunline Big S
    Seatpost/Seat: Thomson Masterpiece Ti bolt and barrel nuts, Fizik Gobi XM
    Brakes: Hope Moto V2, 203mm vented rotors and ti bolts all round
    Shifter: XTR, ti bolts, Dura Ace cable
    Rear derailleur/Cassette: Saint medium cage, XT 11-34t
    Chain guard: E13 LG1+
    Cranks: Raceface Atlas Fr 175mm, E13 32t chainring and ti bolts
    Pedals: Straitline SC Platform
    Wheels: Mavic Crossmax sx, Sun ringle stiffy 12mm Aluminium axle
    Tyres: Continental Rubber Queen UST 2.4
    Weight: 35.6lbs

    I've got another set of wheels for this bike for the tough stuff (Hope Pro2/Mavic EX823/DT Swiss/Michelin DH24). Stickes will be swapped for the grey, black and white ones and fork lowers stripped to bare metal eventually. Front caliper bolts need changed for ti too once they arrive.








  40. #240
    Ermassets Power
    Reputation: vsense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by bachmayeah
    pretty nice.. tough uphill-ride, too. i just know the mountain of Sóller from driving from llucmajor/palma to port d´andratx or port de Sóller. there sould be some nice trails. somewhere... next time i might be there with bike i will contact you
    Great! See You!

  41. #241
    www.orme.tv
    Reputation: tarantola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    28
    www.orme.tv
    Italian freeride e-magazine

  42. #242
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nanhar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    81

    Fox DHX Air Settings

    So, for those of you running the DHX Air, how much PSI are you running in the large and small chambers? I just switched from the DHX 5 and am trying to get it dialed in.

    Thanks!

  43. #243
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dominator13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,689
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysix
    my new uzzi
    That thing is BAD ASS!!!

    It screams "get the F*ck out of the way!"
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

  44. #244
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    66
    My copper mini DH buid:

  45. #245
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dominator13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,689

    That's a beaut!

    Good to see that Tyler (Twenty6) has made it across the pond!
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

  46. #246
    mtbr member
    Reputation: euskadiendurero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Very good freeride bike laleffe, very good mount.

    The fork is a Boss and the rear shock an Elka, no?

  47. #247
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hiramson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    214


    Yeah!


  48. #248
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by euskadiendurero
    The fork is a Boss and the rear shock an Elka, no?
    Yes Bos Ndee and Elka stage 5.

  49. #249
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    Best looking bike in this forum. Hands down.

  50. #250
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10
    From Spain...

    Intense Uzzi VP size L, Intense Red Color
    Shox: CANECREEK Double Barrel Ti-Spring 8,75"x2,75"
    Headset: CHRIS KING Sotte Voce 1,5" Blue
    Espacers: CHRIS KING 1.5" 5mm World-Cup Colors
    Fork: ROCKSHOX Totem Solo Air 180mm White
    Stem: STRAITLINE Split 1.5" 50mm 31,8 Blue
    Handlebar: EASTON MonkeyLite DH 31,8 Carbon White 2010
    Grips: ODI X-Treme LockOn Grips / Blue Clamp
    Plugs: KCNC Gold
    Brakes: HOPE Moto V2 203mm Front / 203mm Rear
    Rotors: HOPE V2 Vented Blue
    Hoses: GOODRIDGE Blue / Goodridge Gold Conectors
    Gear Shifters: SRAM X.0 Trigger Carbon GOLD
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0 Short Cage
    KCNC Ceramic Gold Jockey wheels
    Inner Carbon Cage
    Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
    Gear Cable Outer: JAGWIRE Ripcord Gold
    Gear Cable: POWERCORDZ White
    Cassette: KCNC 11-32 Gold
    Chain: KMC X9 SL Gold
    Cranks Arm: Shimano XTR 175mm
    Bottom Brackets: CHRIS KING Blue
    Bash Ring: E THIRTEEN Turbo Charger White
    Mediun Chainring: SPECIALITES TA 36T
    Inner Chainring: RACEFACE 22T
    Chainring Screws: KCNC Gold
    Pedals: CRANKBROTHERS Candy 2Ti White
    Post: GRAVITY DROPPER Clasic 4" Remote
    Seat: SELLE ITALIA Shiver "Troy Lee Designs"
    Seatpost Collar: FRM 34,9 Blue
    Wheels: MAVIC CROSSMAX ST White
    Rear Skewer: FRM Blue
    Tyres: INTENSE TYRES Downhill/ 909 EX/DC 2,35"

    Screws: All screws in Titanium GOLD


    Uzzi VP photo album-dsc01218_01.jpg
    Uzzi VP photo album-dsc01219_01.jpg

  51. #251
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,704
    Can someone confirm that this is how the "small" frame looks like?




  52. #252
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126
    This picture fits with small size

  53. #253
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    159
    thats a small, yes

  54. #254
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,704
    thanks : )

  55. #255
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    30

    Just in time.

    Frame: Medium Intense Uzzi Vp Works blue
    Fork: 2010 Rockshox Totem Solo Air DH
    Rear shock: Elka Stage 5
    Bars: Sunline v-one
    Stem: Sunline v-one
    Grips: Sunline, white
    Headset: Chris King No Threadset
    Brakes: Avid Elixer R
    Rear Shifter: Shimano Saint
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano Saint, short cage
    Hubs: Chris King ISO, 150x12mm rear
    Rims: Mavic Ex721
    Tires: WTB Prowler Mx 2.5”
    Seat: SDG I-fly, white
    Crankset: Shimano SLX, 170mm
    Chainguide: Gamut P30, white

    Due to having a fractured metacarpal, I haven’t been able to take my uzzi for a proper break in ride. But this is definitely my dream bike. This bike has been 2 ½ months of waiting and over a year of saving funds, I am so ready to get out and ride! What do you think?


    Philippians 4:13
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-test.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-carve.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-test1.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-headtube.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-grips.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-side.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-holding.jpg  

    Last edited by captaingillooley; 12-25-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: pictures

  56. #256
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by laleffe
    My copper mini DH buid:
    what seat is this laleffe?

  57. #257
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72

    Crank Length

    Building a medium Uzzi for aggressive AM / FR. Bike was shipped with 175mm cranks. Seems long to me given application and bb height. Thoughts? Experiences?

  58. #258
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bachmayeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by richiban
    Building a medium Uzzi for aggressive AM / FR. Bike was shipped with 175mm cranks. Seems long to me given application and bb height. Thoughts? Experiences?
    i use the 170 cranks without any problems...

  59. #259
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    159
    can anybody tell me the bushing sizes for the uzzi (for the monarch)?

  60. #260
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by big bear
    what seat is this laleffe?
    Specialized phenom SL.

  61. #261
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24

    Red one

    Finally ... red beast ready for action





  62. #262
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by big bear
    what seat is this laleffe?
    where did you get the decals?

  63. #263
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwinr
    where did you get the decals?
    It's a 951 sticker kit.
    You can find it in every intense dealer.

  64. #264
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by richiban
    Building a medium Uzzi for aggressive AM / FR. Bike was shipped with 175mm cranks. Seems long to me given application and bb height. Thoughts? Experiences?
    I've got 175s on mine with no problems at all. I've only had a few pedal strikes and I'm sure the 5mm didn't make a difference on those!

  65. #265
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    146

    Work in progress

    Still waiting on new cranks, probably XT's and a Gamut dual ring guide and Formula RX brakes. Also have an Elka Stage 5 on order, and going to send the Fox off to PUSH. Leaving for a 3 month deployment, so I'm going to have to wait until April to finish up and take it for the first ride. I'm upgrading from an 05 Uzzi VPX which I loved
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-side-uzzi-large-.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-newuzzi-large-.jpg  


  66. #266
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hiramson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    214
    Well folks.

    Let's start the job of dress my dear BLACK WIDOW.

    This is the backbone: Uzzi VP 09 large + CCDB + Totem Coil 2010 1,5"

    More pics soon (as I find a new camera) instead these garbage iphone captures.







    Cheers crowd.
    Last edited by Hiramson; 01-09-2010 at 02:31 PM.

  67. #267
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126
    My Uzzi VP.
    Works blue, Large size, 135 mm dropout and DHX 5.0 Air.
    3,94 kg.

    " width="549">

  68. #268
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,704
    Andrew, how many shock stroke inches do you have on that dhx? 2.5"? or 2.75"?

  69. #269
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126
    V.P, the shock stroke is 2,75".

  70. #270
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDREW WHITE
    V.P, the shock stroke is 2,75".
    Thanks : )

    The intense website lists the Uzzi with an airshock at 2.5". It gave me an impression that the airshock HAD to be 2.5"? But thats obviously not true, am I missing something?

  71. #271
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126
    V.P
    I have measured the top and the seat tube. Intense´s website saids that the first has 24" (against 23,5" that I measured) and the second 18,5", and is the same that I have measured.
    Also I saw the weight of the frame with coil shox (RC4) is 3,750 kg, and really is more than 4 kg.

  72. #272
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,704
    So their numbers are a bit off?

  73. #273
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    126
    I think....!!!
    But I think that I can get an Uzzi VP under 15,5 kg

  74. #274
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    52
    The air shock stroke is 2.5 and the coil is 2.75 that is why the travel is slightly less with the air.

  75. #275
    A crunchy treat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    208
    The stroke length for the air shock depends on the tune. Uzzis that come with the DHX air have the 2.75" version because the shock has been tuned specifically for the Uzzi's shock curve.

  76. #276
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,704
    So its not recommended to get a 2.75" DHX air for the uzzi unless its shipped with it?

  77. #277
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    52
    Jeff has said in the thread Uzzi VP starts production that the airs only come with 2.5 stroke length and that is why the travel changes with the air shocks. I don't know if they are making special one off shocks just for the Uzzi but I wouldn't think they would bother. I think he said the travel only changes by .5 inch so hardly worth a new shock. Have a look at the thread: Uzzi vp starts production and you can read all about the differences between the coil and air right from the source.

  78. #278
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    179

    Air for Uzzi is 8.75 x 2.75

    Quote Originally Posted by snakesterhk
    Jeff has said in the thread Uzzi VP starts production that the airs only come with 2.5 stroke length and that is why the travel changes with the air shocks. I don't know if they are making special one off shocks just for the Uzzi but I wouldn't think they would bother. I think he said the travel only changes by .5 inch so hardly worth a new shock. Have a look at the thread: Uzzi vp starts production and you can read all about the differences between the coil and air right from the source.
    They must have ended up ordering the DHX Air, (and Monarch Air) in 8.75 x 2.75 length, with custom valving from Fox and RockShox for the Uzzi VP. I have tried both, and they both are really nice.

  79. #279
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    They must have ended up ordering the DHX Air, (and Monarch Air) in 8.75 x 2.75 length, with custom valving from Fox and RockShox for the Uzzi VP. I have tried both, and they both are really nice.
    how have you been satisfied with the monarch? do you know which tuning you have tried out?

  80. #280
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hiramson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    214
    My "Black Widow" dressing process:




  81. #281
    mtbr member
    Reputation: V.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,704
    nice hiramson, is that a medium?

  82. #282
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hiramson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    214
    Nay.

    Large.

  83. #283
    mtbr member
    Reputation: arthuar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    106
    good bike.

  84. #284
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    Pics of mine coming in a couple days...building the wheels now and waiting on last parts. Can't wait to get it all dirty.

  85. #285
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Peibol
    From Spain...

    Intense Uzzi VP size L, Intense Red Color
    Shox: CANECREEK Double Barrel Ti-Spring 8,75"x2,75"
    Headset: CHRIS KING Sotte Voce 1,5" Blue
    Espacers: CHRIS KING 1.5" 5mm World-Cup Colors
    Fork: ROCKSHOX Totem Solo Air 180mm White
    Stem: STRAITLINE Split 1.5" 50mm 31,8 Blue
    Handlebar: EASTON MonkeyLite DH 31,8 Carbon White 2010
    Grips: ODI X-Treme LockOn Grips / Blue Clamp
    Plugs: KCNC Gold
    Brakes: HOPE Moto V2 203mm Front / 203mm Rear
    Rotors: HOPE V2 Vented Blue
    Hoses: GOODRIDGE Blue / Goodridge Gold Conectors
    Gear Shifters: SRAM X.0 Trigger Carbon GOLD
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0 Short Cage
    KCNC Ceramic Gold Jockey wheels
    Inner Carbon Cage
    Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
    Gear Cable Outer: JAGWIRE Ripcord Gold
    Gear Cable: POWERCORDZ White
    Cassette: KCNC 11-32 Gold
    Chain: KMC X9 SL Gold
    Cranks Arm: Shimano XTR 175mm
    Bottom Brackets: CHRIS KING Blue
    Bash Ring: E THIRTEEN Turbo Charger White
    Mediun Chainring: SPECIALITES TA 36T
    Inner Chainring: RACEFACE 22T
    Chainring Screws: KCNC Gold
    Pedals: CRANKBROTHERS Candy 2Ti White
    Post: GRAVITY DROPPER Clasic 4" Remote
    Seat: SELLE ITALIA Shiver "Troy Lee Designs"
    Seatpost Collar: FRM 34,9 Blue
    Wheels: MAVIC CROSSMAX ST White
    Rear Skewer: FRM Blue
    Tyres: INTENSE TYRES Downhill/ 909 EX/DC 2,35"

    Screws: All screws in Titanium GOLD


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01218_01.jpg 
Views:	4521 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	504764
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01219_01.jpg 
Views:	4399 
Size:	282.3 KB 
ID:	504763
    "Circus Uzzi, attack!"

  86. #286
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forceyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    444
    Here is mine-
    Lyric DH coil, Vivid shock, Saint cranks gamut P20, XO shifter derrailuer, Hadley hubs with Stan's rims, straitline 1.5 stem, deity bar, King 1.5 h-set, elixir brakes, and hutchinson UST tires.
    Came in 34.74 pounds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-013.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-002.jpg  

    Uzzi VP photo album-006.jpg  


  87. #287
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    After two agonizing months of waiting, just finished the build today. Going to get it dirty tomorrow.

    X9 front and rear
    2010 Float
    DS 28 laced to Hadleys
    Stylo cranks
    991 chain
    990 cassette
    Elixer CR brakes
    Holzefeller bar and stem (with Thomson 70mm on the side)
    Thomson post
    Chromag Trailmaster saddle
    Prowler MX 2.3 tires
    Gamut bash
    Candy pedals (with Premium flats on order)

    34.5lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-uzzi.jpg  

    Last edited by richiban; 01-20-2010 at 10:56 PM.

  88. #288
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28
    After two agonizing months of waiting, just finished the build today. Going to get it dirty tomorrow.

    X9 front and rear
    2010 Float
    DS 28 laced to Hadleys
    Stylo cranks
    991 chain
    990 cassette
    Elixer CR brakes
    Holzefeller bar and stem (with Thomson 70mm on the side)
    Thomson post
    Chromag Trailmaster saddle
    Prowler MX 2.3 tires
    Gamut bash
    Candy pedals (with Premium flats on order)
    Are you running a Blackspire Stinger on there? If yes, how does it work for you, did you have modify it at all? I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not a Stinger works well with VPP2.

  89. #289
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    I am running the stringer. I'll have a better idea in about a week once it sees a few dirt days. But so far (parking lot test, riding stairs, etc) it is quiet, shifts well, and chain stays on nicely. To get the stinger to fit I had to take the backplate to a grinder and take off a mil or two. I also had to grind down the screw heads a touch. I may still need to take a little bit off the back plate so that things are really smooth in granny gear. PM me if you want more info.

  90. #290
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hiramson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    214
    Finished.

  91. #291
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    44
    gothic

  92. #292
    Intense Uzzer
    Reputation: dopaminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    401
    That is one s-weet rig!

  93. #293
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    144
    Forceyoda....how does that Lyrik DH Coil ride?

  94. #294
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forceyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by 0pt1cal
    Forceyoda....how does that Lyrik DH Coil ride?
    Very nice, my last fork was a 160mm lyrik solo air and the 2010 feels a lot better.

  95. #295
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stuffshredman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    148

    bike porn

    It's finally arrived! The build:

    Frame: Intense Uzzi VP - works blue, small
    Fork: Fox 36 Van RC2 - 1.5" head
    Shock: Cane Creek Double Barrel with Manitou Ti spring
    Wheels: Chris King ISO hubs (gold)
    Mavic 819 rims,
    black DT spokes,
    gold alloy nips
    Headset: Chris King 1.5" (gold)
    Stem: Thomson Elite X4 50mm (black)
    Bars: Easton Monkey EA70 31.8mm
    Grips: ODI ruffian - gold clamps
    Brakes: Avid Elixir CR - 203mm F/ 185mm R
    Shifters: SRAM XO (gold)
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM XO (gold)
    Front Derailleur: Shim XT
    Cranks: Shimano XTR
    Bashguard: Gammut
    Bottom Bracket: Chris King (gold)
    Pedals: AtomLab Trail King (black)
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite (black)
    Seat: SDG Bel-Air RL Ti (black)
    Cassette: SRAM 990 - (gold)
    Chain: SRAM PC-991
    Tires: Schwalbe Fat Alberts 2.4 UST








  96. #296
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    347
    Excellent bike!! Do you know the weight of it? And how tall are you, if I may ask? I am considering buying an Uzzi for the next season but I am still not sure if I should go with a small or medium frame. Thank you.

  97. #297
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kondi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffshredman
    It's finally arrived! The build:

    Frame: Intense Uzzi VP - works blue, small
    Hi Stuffshredman

    it's looks excellent I have few Q:

    1. What is Your high and weigh ?
    2. Tell me some more ab. shock - what spring, size
    3. Why did you take VAN not Float ?
    3. What is BIKE weigh ?

    Regards
    Kondi

  98. #298
    Intense Uzzer
    Reputation: dopaminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    401
    Blue and Gold - It`s the UZZI ROYALE!

    I love the way the small looks, like the SS, the way the top tube joins the seat tube w/o a buttress gap... too bad I`m 190 cm....

  99. #299
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dominator13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,689

    That's impressive!

    You've got yourself a vey good looking bike. I can't see any room for improvement..whatcha gonna do about that!? You'll eventually realize what this bike can do and you'll go with 180mm up front and get a seat dropper. The weight becomes not as important as the performance when you get to that level of bike. I'm guessing with your WW parts your in at 32 - 33 lbs.???

    Once again, stunning bike!
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

  100. #300
    wuss
    Reputation: dropadrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,364
    So has anyone measured angles with a Fox 36 and G3 set to steepest settings for trail riding? On paper it seems you could have it set up like a very burly Tracer?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •