Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    No mountains near by :(
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    Socom frame w/o shock should be 200-250 g lighter than the Uzzi.
    Cheers bud, i'll be on a pound hunting mission now! Probable cause of the portly weight is the 05 boxxers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluechair84 View Post
    Cheers bud, i'll be on a pound hunting mission now! Probable cause of the portly weight is the 05 boxxers
    Is the Boxxer coil or air? I don't think there is more than a pound in there compared to a 10 or newer Boxxer.

BTW: just checked my notes and a medium works Socom w/o shock, shock bolts, rear axle and seatpost clamp should be around 3250 g from the factory.

No mountains near by :(
    Is the Boxxer coil or air? I don't think there is more than a pound in there compared to a 10 or newer Boxxer.

BTW: just checked my notes and a medium works Socom w/o shock, shock bolts, rear axle and seatpost clamp should be around 3250 g from the factory.
    It's coil sprung - pre hydra-coil so it's old... and beat. There's nothing else carrying much weight, an 1800g wheel set, 2.3Swampthings at the moment, XTR cranks, no chain guide, 1x9 SLX, Saint brakes, ti spring and decent enough finishing kit. Just double checked the weight; 37lbs. I'll have a closer look at the specs of some of those <36lb Uzzis and see what they've done differently.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluechair84 View Post
    It's coil sprung - pre hydra-coil so it's old... and beat. There's nothing else carrying much weight, an 1800g wheel set, 2.3Swampthings at the moment, XTR cranks, no chain guide, 1x9 SLX, Saint brakes, ti spring and decent enough finishing kit. Just double checked the weight; 37lbs. I'll have a closer look at the specs of some of those <36lb Uzzis and see what they've done differently.
    The fork you know, tubes could be heavy too, SLX cassette, Saint breaks are not the lightest, maybe they run lighter tires? It all adds up, probably not a single super heavy item in there but also nothing crazy optimized. 37 is not bad at all for a Socom. But you might be able to find 1-2 pounds without going too crazy and expensive.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The fork you know, tubes could be heavy too, SLX cassette, Saint breaks are not the lightest, maybe they run lighter tires? It all adds up, probably not a single super heavy item in there but also nothing crazy optimized. 37 is not bad at all for a Socom. But you might be able to find 1-2 pounds without going too crazy and expensive.
    yeah, I'd be looking at the tubes first.

My Uzzi is in the 34's with a Dorado and nothing really weight weenie.

mtbr member
    Hi guys. Pleas help me anyone. Have good offer for nearly new Vivid Air but in size 8.5x2.5 so can anyone tell me if that size shock will work well or not. Have 180 van on front and DHX setup on bottom hole. Thanks lads

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by djadamnash View Post
    Hi guys. Pleas help me anyone. Have good offer for nearly new Vivid Air but in size 8.5x2.5 so can anyone tell me if that size shock will work well or not. Have 180 van on front and DHX setup on bottom hole. Thanks lads
    IMHO Uzzi is a slack bike even with stock 8.75" shock, so putting on a shorter unit seems a bad idea for me. If you are super-aggresive rider, often on gnarly DH tracks, maybe you could risk and try, but other than that, I'd stick with stock lenght.
    Unofficial Balfa Cycles website and forum
    Ibis Mojo HD / Giant Trance X / GT Karakoram

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm unsure what year Uzzi he has, but the 2012s use 8.5" for both air and coil.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Anyone out there with a picture of an 2013 UZZI Small size frame in Yellow????

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Tampines Trail, outside Tampines Bike Park... 09 Feb 2013
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-tt090213new.jpg  

mtbr member
    Updated with a new 888 RC3 EVO Ti, Answer Protaper780 DH bars, and Easton Havoc direct mount stem. No dirt yet but it soaks up curbs nicely

Sorry for the crappy phone pics:

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    First time out on the uzzi for a while, spent the whole day ripping at the FOD

Seeing a lot of UZZIs on here with DC forks whats the consensus is a DC generally better than a 180mm SC??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-uzzi_fod.jpg  

wuss
    I would imagine the general consensus is still that a SC fork is a better fit, but I imagine some people just prefer a DC, had one ready or found a great deal...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Nah not got anything in mind at the moment looking for a coil conversion for the ATA but doesnt look like they are avaialble. Just looking at the cost of a new fork most of the mini DH type SC forks are roughly the same price as a DC!

mtbr member

Uzzi VP photo album

Here's mine in commuter mode.
    Uzzi VP photo album-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362532081.838961.jpg

mtbr member

Uzzi VP photo album

And this is trail mode. Only real difference is the wheel set. Mavic 823 ust laced to king hubs, with tubeless muddy Mary's.

Uzzi VP photo album-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362532286.850655.jpg

Since this photo I changed the headset from devolution to a king inset. Oh, and a different handlebar.

mtbr member
    Question about the (2011) Uzzi. Can a 150 rear be converted to 135 or 142 by just changing the rear dropouts?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamicz View Post
    Question about the (2011) Uzzi. Can a 150 rear be converted to 135 or 142 by just changing the rear dropouts?
    Yes...

mtbr member
    I learn something new everyday... thanks.

mtbr member
    Uzzi VP photo album-img_0376.jpg
    My Uzzi

mtbr member
    Uzzi VP photo album-uzzi-1x9.jpg
    For everyone. I decided my self for Truvativ XO chainguide. Fitment of guide is excelent. I added 3 washers under guide and with my 135 rear axle and 32tooths front and 11-36 cassette rear is just perfect for anything lads! And Im not any light and fast rabbit
    So I can recommended this set-up.

mtbr member
    Uzzi VP photo album-uzzi-v-dilne.jpg
    So this is my final project! 15.9 kg

mtbr member

Uzzi VP photo album

Quote Originally Posted by djadamnash View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	786256
    My Uzzi
    RED!!!

Nice!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporooski View Post
    And this is trail mode. Only real difference is the wheel set. Mavic 823 ust laced to king hubs, with tubeless muddy Mary's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362532286.850655.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	251.3 KB 
ID:	777975

Since this photo I changed the headset from devolution to a king inset. Oh, and a different handlebar.
    How does the db feel on your uzzi? does changing the travel options make you have to retune the shock?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Can I just reconfirm...
    The shock linkage holes: Upper Hole for Longer Travel, Lower Hole for Shorter Travel?
    Am I right? On the older and newer Uzzi its the same logic? Infact should be the same for all adjustable travel frames of Intense?

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast