Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    any of you guys with a medium uzzi vp and 180mm travel single crown fork, can you please give a wheelbase dimension (measured)? I'm trying to decide between a M & L, and crunching the numbers compared to my old uzzi vpx, it doesn't add up. Someone please measure!

thanks. also tell what position the dropout is in

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Before

Now

I decided to make my Uzzi a little less country and a little more rock'n'roll. 34.9lbs, 65 degree ha. It did raise the bb a bit though, sitting right around 14" in the slack/long setting. I still have some fine tuning to do and hit the trail with it.
    Last edited by davet; 08-11-2012 at 08:59 AM.

mtbr member
    hi guys
    just wondering how U recommend LG1+ chain guide? any problems with instalation or now with runing? have plan for 32-36 size of one of them.
    thanks Adam

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by djadamnash View Post
    hi guys
    just wondering how U recommend LG1+ chain guide? any problems with instalation or now with runing? have plan for 32-36 size of one of them.
    thanks Adam
    I've installed one on my Uzzi few weeks ago, and it worked surprisingly well, but still with some issues:
    - I had to file some material off - but only 2-3 mm of a narrow plastic corner, so it took just few minutes and for sure didn't compromise structural strenght. The "modification" is also merely visible, so probably you will not have any guarantee problems as well.
    - the angle of the chain device is not perfect, it has to be rotated little further counter-clockwise to clear the lower VPP link, and also device must me set in "wide" position (refer to E.13 manul to see what I mean). It looks like this and this is maximum that you will get without any *major* modifications:

But what is good though, is that it works! And that is definitely not obvious with this frame... It's rather quiet (especially with self-adhesive velcro padding inside the upper cage) and the chain stays put all the time. The spacing/chain line is also quite well, so generally I can reccomend it for Uzzi VP.
    Unofficial Balfa Cycles website and forum
    Ibis Mojo HD / Giant Trance X / GT Karakoram

mtbr member
    Thanks man. Just read some reviews and many people just complain E13's quality production as very, very bad. But about MRP G2 mini as well. So I'm little confused wich one get. Intense recommend MRP or Straitline but I prefer one without bash ring. Big plus for E13 and MRP is chance to laborate with size of chainrings (in my opinion from 32T to 36T because that will by my firs 1x10 set-up), with Silent Guide is only two opinion - 32T only or 34-36T, but with no any problem with VPP! And now make decision!

mtbr member
    On chainreaction web sites is nice review about MRP Mini G2 chain guard.

methcohna from United Kingdom Owner 31 July 2011 18:50
    I have had the MRP G2 SL Mini for 2 weeks, on my first ride the lower guide smashed off on a rock flicking up, but on my 5th ride the upper guide cracked with now impact. The plastic is poor quality and I was disappointed as I paid 4300 on a Trek Scratch 9. I now have to either replace the parts knowing they will probably brake again, or buy a whole new chain guide, gutted!

Adam from United Kingdom Owner 30 May 2012 18:36
    I have had 4 rides on my bike. Last night haveway down a hill I heard a hellava noise from my chain but managed to get to the bottom without peddling. The lower roller case and upper guide were both smashed off? I didn't hit any rocks or fall off, so can only think the chain bunched or skipped and caused it to pass through the guide and take off all the plastic bits. Total rubbish.

mtbr member
    For relatively heavy, hard-hitting bike like Uzzi, I think 32T is the one to go for. I use myself with 1x9 (11-34 in the rear) and I whink that 11-36 casette would give perfect gear range for enduro riding with Uzzi. If you don't do any uphills, you could go with 34-36T, but if you use your bike for all mountain riding, 32T will be best IMO.
    Unofficial Balfa Cycles website and forum
    Ibis Mojo HD / Giant Trance X / GT Karakoram

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    On my Uzzi I tried the E13 SRS+, Straitline silent guide and the MRP Mini G2 SL... the only one which had a fit optimized for the Intense VPP system was the MRP... the others are compromises and the Straitline was just crappy on my Uzzi... not sure why, as I am sure others have had better luck, but I would recommend the MRP.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Gamut's P series guides are VPP compatible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Updated:

-SLX cranks
    -Ti spring
    -Hope Hoops wheels
    -DMR Vaults

14,8kg in the picture. Since then Ive put on some meatier tyres for the even more wet months.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    An event we had over this past weekend.
    Yew Tee Flat Out Challenge 2012
    Singapore
    18 Nov 2012

A view of the lap from my friend's Helmet Cam.

mtbr member
    Hi to all.
    Just bought an L size but probably I need to move with a M size.
    Is there any good guy who could measure the wheelbase of the M size with a totem 180mm and the G3 dropout in the longer position?
    Just to be sure for getting an other uzzi with the same feel that I discovered with this L size and the dropout in the middle, you what I mean.

Thanks

mtbr member

Smile

!! No one at all??

Ok, than I take this for the second question:
    I got a 550lbs spring on my fox dhx 4.0, I am 80 kg naked and around 85 with camel and safety protection, do you think it is too heavy for me?

Thanks again

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    yes I think that spring is too hard for you, I am 220# and I have a 500 spring on my uzzy

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    When I bought my Uzzi a few months ago Fanatik Bike put a 500# spring on based on my 200# riding weight. It feel great to me, but I'm used to a HT so it's like a LazyBoy at this point.

mtbr member
    Not mine, saw it posted on Fanatik's FB feed.

Last edited by eurospek; 12-18-2012 at 10:27 PM.

mtbr member
    That is a sick build. Nicely done.

No mountains near by :(
    Been great looking through everyone's picks. I was tempted to put a picture of my Socom in as, you know, it's half an Uzzi O_o.
    But I cna't believe some of the weights people are getting - 35lbs!? Mine is a fairly light build, ti spring, Flows, Currently has trail tyres on it, the finishing kit isn't heavy, old boxxers might be meatier than some peoples, but it still tips in at over 37lbs. Is the Socom frame heavier than an Uzzi?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthuar View Post
    Hi to all.
    Just bought an L size but probably I need to move with a M size.
    Is there any good guy who could measure the wheelbase of the M size with a totem 180mm and the G3 dropout in the longer position?
    Just to be sure for getting an other uzzi with the same feel that I discovered with this L size and the dropout in the middle, you what I mean.

Thanks
    !! Help

mtbr member
    arthuar

Q1 - 2010 Uzzi in medium with 180 mm Talas in the centre position for the 3G dropout is giving a wheel centre of 1165 mm.

Q2- I am about 105 Kg and 5' 10" tall, I run 500 ti spring on a Slope Style and 550 ti spring on the Uzzi.
    550 feels firm in the short travel position and felt really nice in the long travel position but found the resulting lower BB would catch stuff at full travel.
    Ran with Boxxer's in the long travel position and it felt quite stretched out so never tried the longer 3G dropout position.

jes

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by -jes View Post
    arthuar

Q1 - 2010 Uzzi in medium with 180 mm Talas in the centre position for the 3G dropout is giving a wheel centre of 1165 mm.

Q2- I am about 105 Kg and 5' 10" tall, I run 500 ti spring on a Slope Style and 550 ti spring on the Uzzi.
    550 feels firm in the short travel position and felt really nice in the long travel position but found the resulting lower BB would catch stuff at full travel.
    Ran with Boxxer's in the long travel position and it felt quite stretched out so never tried the longer 3G dropout position.

jes
    Thanks a Lot Jes,
    I love you more, if You can supply the wheel centre (wheelbase) of the same bike but in the longer G3 position.
    Thanks again for your time.

Emanuele

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthuar View Post
    Thanks a Lot Jes,
    I love you more, if You can supply the wheel centre (wheelbase) of the same bike but in the longer G3 position.
    Thanks again for your time.

Emanuele
    Sorry Emanuele,

The offer of "more love" is never a bad thing but I am not with the bike now for a couple of days and to be frank with the titanium chain ring bolts in the dropout they tend to be a pain to swop around.

Try seeing if there is some geo data somewhere giving wheel base lengths for the different G3 location and calc the difference from that.

Good luck.

jes

mtbr member
    Yes, ur right it was a Love for the a Bike lover as me.
    Understood. No prob
    You could see the solution measuring hole to hole without touch the drop out even ;-)
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    No worries.
    The G3 dropout holes are less than the diameter of a chainring bolt (M8) apart so I would estimate about 4-6 mm .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluechair84 View Post
    Been great looking through everyone's picks. I was tempted to put a picture of my Socom in as, you know, it's half an Uzzi O_o.
    But I cna't believe some of the weights people are getting - 35lbs!? Mine is a fairly light build, ti spring, Flows, Currently has trail tyres on it, the finishing kit isn't heavy, old boxxers might be meatier than some peoples, but it still tips in at over 37lbs. Is the Socom frame heavier than an Uzzi?
    Socom frame w/o shock should be 200-250 g lighter than the Uzzi.

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast