Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    With your Monarch rear shock, what pressure are you using for your bodyweight?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

black chrome

anybody out there with a black chrome uzzi? If there is could you post some pictures i would realy apriciate it. wanting to build one up but still torn on what collor.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Modernape View Post
    This year I've been working on getting it down as light as possible for Euro enduros. This is how she's ended up.

And reached my goal of sub 30lbs. In this set up it's 29.7lbs.
    Nice bike, how do you like the Deville?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I am 195 with gear and I run the Monarch plus @ 210psi. I also only run the monarch in the lower shock mount hole. It blows through the travel too easily in the upper hole.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Polished!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Sweet ride, How long did that take ya!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sandiegobiker View Post
    Polished!
    Great looking Uzzi. Just curious if you did any kind of a clear over the polish. I have a raw Tracer VP that I polished but the powdercoat place said not to put a clear over it.

mtbr member
    Polished!
    really nice.... how do u polish it? would like to do that if i get the 2012 uzzi
    Let's ride...

mtbr member
    UZZI - will it crack?

Hi, i am writing to you from Germany, so please excuse my poor english.

For a long time the Reign X was my favorite bike that I would have liked to build up as my Do-IT-ALL-BIKE as soon as I can afford it. Unfortunately I read and heard more storys about broken Maestro-Linkages than I would have liked to. From hat time on, the Reign X died for me.

Now, I found several bikes who use a similar system to control their rear suspension. One of them is the VPP of the Intense UZZI that could be my next bike.

Now I wanted to know if anybody has heard about problems with this lower suspension-linkage. I would like to use the bike for hard Endure Action, Trail surfing, long jumps that came across and also the one or other drop into flat, because in nature jumps or drops are seldom shaped. Additionally i am interested into Vertriding/Trial (over some rocks for example, not for street-tricks) and would like to have some statements about the flexing rear. Will this link crack during Trial because it has that big flex?

Unfortunately there are very few Intense bikes in Germany because they are very expensive and it is difficult to ask someone.
    The UZZI frame costs about 2390 Euro = 3385 Dollars !!!!!

What are your suggestions?

Thanks, Andy

mtbr member
    The Uzzi is possibly one of the best frames I have ridden and would be perfect for the type riding you describe except trials.
    Most dedicated trials frames are HT's with very low standover, the Uzzi has too much travel and a bit burly I would have thought.

The only thing I have found with the VPP link is the bearing age quickly with side loads, this starts to show up as flexing rear, easily fixed with new bearing (I x set replaced in two years)everything else is very robust.

wuss
    The first uzzi's cracked, now they have a stronger rear end which should be fine.

However if you have problems it's really up to the dealer how well they are sorted out, sometimes in Europe this can be a problem.

Intense Uzzer
    Polished!
    Looks AWESOME.
    You do that by hand?
    Love the red bar, too....
    2010 Intense Uzzi
    2009 Wilier Izoard

mtbr member
    Ok, glad to hear that this bike still has its friends.

First, I entered a link here to show you what I consider a "trial" section the UZZI could eventually also handle.

Nicolai All Mountain Trial 2 on Vimeo

Second I found a not so nice thread about problems with ACTUAL not old UZZI frames. That alarmed me, because my favorite Reign X turned into a lemon when I read about broken links of the Maestro system. But the ones on the UZZI frames did not break on the rear suspension linkage but on the chainstays!!!!???? Which company tries to save 10g of material for the disadvantage of the customers? They tried to fix it with more material but it did not help. I would have filled out the complete rounding. Any opinions about that?

cracked Uzzi Vp

Intense Uzzer
    Whichever bike you consider, you`ll find threads like that. Those horror-story threads are easy to start, and once started, easy to follow. It`s much harder to find threads focusing on how great a product is....
    The chances of you not being satisfied with this machine are very very slim...
    Regarding price, how about ChainReaction in the UK? I live in Japan and mine was shipped from one of the US internet retailers - fantastic price (relatively) and no hassles...
    2010 Intense Uzzi
    2009 Wilier Izoard

mtbr member
    Guys, what pressure would you use in DHX 5.0 Air for 140 lbs rider?
    Unofficial Balfa Cycles website and forum
    Ibis Mojo HD / Giant Trance X / GT Karakoram

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    Ok, glad to hear that this bike still has its friends.

First, I entered a link here to show you what I consider a "trial" section the UZZI could eventually also handle.
    Great vid, caught it yesterday when someone posted it on FB, although slightly less rocks that's pretty much the type of terrain I have on my door step - forest, stream/river crossing, stepped climbs, narrow ledge single track.
    Unfortunately I can't ride as well as that

Mostly riding this stuff on a HT or SS1 depending on conditions but I am thinking either a Tazer FS or Tracer 2 would be a perfect solution.

Uzzi is presently setup for light DH, may pay to check that rear triangle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uzzi VP photo album-198147_10150181781237845_599027844_8640368_3645705_n.jpg  

Uzzi VP photo album-cimg0015a.jpg  

Last edited by -jes; 10-29-2011 at 05:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by -jes View Post
    Mostly riding this stuff on a HT or SS1 depending on conditions but I am thinking either a Tazer FS or Tracer 2 would be a perfect solution.
    But the UZZI is not that far away from the Tracer 2 in terms of geometry and weight I think. Shouldn īt it be possible to set it up quite similar (light) if needed?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalkhoffpink View Post
    But the UZZI is not that far away from the Tracer 2 in terms of geometry and weight I think. Shouldn īt it be possible to set it up quite similar (light) if needed?
    Very true, both the Uzzi and SS1 come out to about 36lbs with a burly build, single crown forks and a Rohloff.
    What I have found with Intenses is they all give the same great riding sensation/feel but have subtle character traits.

I suppose I would look at how your riding breaks down, your weight/fitness and how much travel you need.

Just think the Uzzi may be less suited to hopping around than say a shorter travel option, and from my experience with the HT's against 6"+ travel I am thinking a light 4" travel frame would be ideal for the type of riding your looking at.

I would offer to let you have a spin on my rigs to get an idea how they feel but I suspect the drives a bit far

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    A few updates to my Uzzi... Fox 36 Float 180, Hope M4 brakes, Raceface Atlas FR cranks, Straitline Silent Guide, Straitline AMP pedals... weight is now at a nice 34.5 lbs...

Intense Uzzer
    Gretch how do you like the Float, compared to the Totem? I`m just installing the same fork on my large; the Dorado is off. Really looking forward to the ride... I was thinking about limiting it to 170mm like dropadrop`s RS....
    2010 Intense Uzzi
    2009 Wilier Izoard

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dopaminer View Post
    Gretch how do you like the Float, compared to the Totem? I`m just installing the same fork on my large; the Dorado is off. Really looking forward to the ride... I was thinking about limiting it to 170mm like dropadrop`s RS....
    The Float is head and shoulders better than the Totem IMO... just the weight reduction alone made the bike so much more agile. And I am pretty stoked on the new Fox with Kashima because it is buttery smooth. Some kind of black magic is at work here.

mtbr member
    May 2008

The iSEX: intense Super Enduro Xtreme

2010 Uzzi VP, Medium, with 2011 Fox Shox RP23 8.5 x 2.5 size
    Result of the shorter shock:
    Slacker= 66.3 deg HTA
    Lower= 13.7 BB Height
    Wheelbase= 45.2 (in the short Chainstay setting)
    Chainstay Lenth= 17.2
    Eff Top Tube = 23.2
    Weight= 30.9 lbs

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dufferin View Post
    2010 Uzzi VP, Medium, with 2011 Fox Shox RP23 8.5 x 2.5 size
    Result of the shorter shock:
    Slacker= 66.3 deg HTA
    Lower= 13.7 BB Height
    Wheelbase= 45.2 (in the short Chainstay setting)
    Chainstay Lenth= 17.2
    Eff Top Tube = 23.2
    Weight= 30.9 lbs

Sweet bike, How much travel are you getting with the shorter shock, and what kind of performance do you think you've gained with your new setup?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks JZ! Using the bottom hole, the travel is now 6.5" and at the top hole, its 7". The bottom travel setting feels much better with the rp23, it accelerates well, better than the coil shock. It does well over the rough stuff yet I don't feel alot of middle stroke wallow and have yet to bottom out the shock. The shock tune that I got is M on the Velocity and Rebound and 175 on the boost valve with the sag set at 25/30% (f/r). It pedals really well with this shock, I rarely use the propedal. I am also loving the low bb and slack head angle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dufferin View Post
    Thanks JZ! Using the bottom hole, the travel is now 6.5" and at the top hole, its 7". .....
    Cool setup! Does the tire hit the frame under full compression?

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast