Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Hi all,

I searched the thread because i want to change my setup from 160mm to 180mm rear travel for more downhill fun. I had back thoughts for climbing but as i m reading here, you have not climbing issues. So i decide to go for longer rear travel and will post my experience. i attached photos of my riding toy.
    Uzzi VP photo album-20150321_162624.jpg
    Uzzi VP photo album-20150321_162605.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Pretty. Is that the works blue? Not sire if there were other blues or not...

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojotherider View Post
    Pretty. Is that the works blue? Not sire if there were other blues or not...
    Thanks. Yes that's it. As far as know that blue is the only version. Works blue means that you can see aluminium through the paint

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Hi every1

here is mine, almoust done

sorry for the potato photo

Uzzi VP photo album-velo_1430471529.jpgUzzi VP photo album-1.jpg
    Last edited by AndrewShulik; 05-27-2015 at 04:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Where, oh where, is the new Uzzi?????

Mines well used and Im looking to replace it in near future. Any news or gossip?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
    Where, oh where, is the new Uzzi?????

Mines well used and Im looking to replace it in near future. Any news or gossip?
    Well that's it. My Uzzi has died. Cracked rear triangle and no spares from Intense.

Rest in peace buddy.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Uzzi VP photo album-p5pb12281327.jpg

DH Gorilla
    Uzzi VP photo album-tap_2454_intenseuzzivp.jpg

I $uck, but MY BIKE Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
    Well that's it. My Uzzi has died. Cracked rear triangle and no spares from Intense.

Rest in peace buddy.

I'm dying inside!!!
    PS: I have no experience with them, but, check out these guys (it's worth a shot):
    Photo albums | GripSport

Also, I've heard the name "Pyrobike"/"Pyrotech" thrown around the forum as well.

Best of luck.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Uzzi Experiment by Joel Miranda, on Flickr

I picked up an old 888 to try out on my Uzzi. I liked it a well enough for some casual park riding at Stevens Pass. It was nice to have a stiffer fork for Stevens compared to my Fox 180 Talas that's normally on there.

I plan on doing more park riding so I did end up selling one of my other bikes and picking up a Session. Maybe the Uzzi will end up getting sold so I can buy a Tracer. The Uzzi is just so fun everywhere though.

-joel

DH Gorilla
    ^^ That's awesome. Been considering doing the same for quite a while now and for some reason have never pulled the trigger.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    and I grab ,y uzzi for do it all thing

when i want i put on 200mm fork and dh everything, in local city spots use 180mm single crown

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Large 2012 Intense Uzzi, with green Fox 180 36 Coil Forks compete with spare springs. Rear shock fitted with 500lb Ti spring (I am 14 stone).
    XTR rear mech and trigger, Saint cranks and 34T Renthal Ring and new Saint pedals. Reverb dropper with Fizik Gobi, saddle, Hope V2 brakes with braided hoses and 203 rotors fitted to 2012 Havoc Wheels with Orange Hubs..... Tyres available are either Barons, or DH Swampthings or DH high rollers, buyers choice..
    Rental 50mm stem and Uncut Fat Bars
    Chris King headset, Shimano Bottom Bracket.
    Bike is in awesome condition having been used a couple of times only. All original receipts available.
    email or call at 408) 753-0672 or jenkinsmichael692@gmail.com

Reasonable offers only, No Trades, Will ship globally
    Any number of pictures available, please supply email address....

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Have any of you ever weighed your Uzzi frames? (with or without shock)
    2000 Giant DH Team
    2003 Balfa BB7
    2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *break*
    2011 Intense M9
    2014 Intense C29
    2015 Intense 951evo

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Out of curiosity, what would the point of weighing only the frame be?

Anyone here running an XT 10 speed with a oneup 42t cog? My LBS said he couldn't do the install because of the way it hung off the hanger and that it didn't line up well. I could buy the rad cage for an extra. I ended up with x9, but I was just curious what others experiences were.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Comparison to other frame weights to determine rough build weight.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    2000 Giant DH Team
    2003 Balfa BB7
    2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *break*
    2011 Intense M9
    2014 Intense C29
    2015 Intense 951evo

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Ah, that makes sense.

mtbr member
    I know Im a little late joining the Uzzi family but heres my new baby. I have previously owned Intense Carbine SL, Carbine and Tracer T275c. I still have the T275c but I wanted a dedicated park/shuttle bike. I was originally looking to build up a 951 but decided on this Uzzi instead. I have no regrets, heres vid of my first ride on her a couple weeks ago;
    Telonics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukHRW0I2MU
    Snow Summit Bike Park:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oufd0Ir6KtA
    Uzzi VP photo album-20151003_093315.jpgUzzi VP photo album-20151101_082543.jpg

mtbr member
    Cool Kung Pao! How do u like it? How does it compare to your tracer?. Nice vids too, I'm actually going to ride Aliso tomorrow. Prob Lynx and Rock it or car wreck. I haven't ridden telonics yet though cause my riding buddies are too scared. I just mounted my camera on my frame so I'll post some vids when I get back.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Robin View Post
    Have any of you ever weighed your Uzzi frames? (with or without shock)
    My size small raw Uzzi was 8.3lbs with a CCDBA. I have an X2 on it now and it's a little lighter. My total bike weight is 28 pounds even.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Sweet Shredman Telonics is by far my favorite trail at Aliso. You need to try it, its definitely a HUGE step up from Lynx, car wreck and Rock it. It is a very steep fast trail. Its hard to compare the T275 to the Uzzi, I would say the T275 is definitely lighter, more easy to flick around and very "poppy" off jumps. The Uzzi is confidence inspiring, way more forgiving especially on the rough stuff and super fun to just point it down. I have rode my T275 down Telonics a bunch of times but the Uzzi makes it easier. I dont think I have the DHX dialed in yet. I have a Marz 66 Ti fork and I love it, it is butter smooth, but I am still trying to get the DHX to match it right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kung Pao View Post
    Sweet Shredman Telonics is by far my favorite trail at Aliso. You need to try it, its definitely a HUGE step up from Lynx, car wreck and Rock it. It is a very steep fast trail. Its hard to compare the T275 to the Uzzi, I would say the T275 is definitely lighter, more easy to flick around and very "poppy" off jumps. The Uzzi is confidence inspiring, way more forgiving especially on the rough stuff and super fun to just point it down. I have rode my T275 down Telonics a bunch of times but the Uzzi makes it easier. I dont think I have the DHX dialed in yet. I have a Marz 66 Ti fork and I love it, it is butter smooth, but I am still trying to get the DHX to match it right now.

Cool man! Yea, I'd love to do telonics, but I don't have anyone to shuttle it with. I've done suicide, (super fun too) and the guy I rode it with said telonics is a little easier. Speaking of Lynx, here's my vid from today, (with a little extra at the bottom). The vid of Rock it didn't work for some reason.

http://youtu.be/EjkXhy1aLxs
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    200 mm front test
    and i don't know how to back to 36 van... 40 rides amazing

Uzzi VP photo album-img_0720.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Have you ridden uphill with it yet? I had an 888 on mine for a week or so after riding some lift access. It wasn't the worst thing, but it sucked on any climbs. Plowing off stuff was pretty awesome. Going back to the 36 made it feel like a kids bike. It was fun to throw it around.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    jojotherider, no i didn't try, coz Fox 40 - dh fork, and i dont do uphill on this bike, coz i build it for descent) it make no sense yeah ?)

mtbr member
    May 2009
    So you only do lift or shuttle access with it? Or maybe hike a bike? I'd stay with the 40 also. Or maybe get an older dh bike. I picked up a 2010 session this year and its a lot more fun at the lift park for me. The stiffness at the back is a world of difference. I actually ended up selling my uzzi in favor of something less aggressive.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    i do lift with my own hands)

in local spot we have something like mini dh or super d, where the time of the track near 1 - 1,30 mins
    after that you take your bike and come up by your own ^)

mtbr member
    Oh Nice. Too bad I didnt see your post, I just rode Aliso yesterday (but I rode my T275) heres video of 5 Oaks, Rock It and Lynx from yesterday's ride.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KCxELs1AdQ

mtbr member
    Oh Nice. Too bad I didnt see your post, I just rode Aliso yesterday (but I rode my T275) heres video of 5 Oaks, Rock It and Lynx from yesterday's ride.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KCxELs1AdQ

Nice runs man! Do u ride up from the park at the bottom? I've done a hike a bike up 5 Oaks once, cause I didn't know how to get to the trail head. I've only ridden up from the park. When I go up there though, it's usually on a Monday or Friday. It's a little crowded with hikers on the weekends.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    I go up to 5 Oaks from the streets. Its usually the first trail I hit because I park on Canyon Vistas. I just go thru the neighborhood up along the back yard of homes (just look for the water towers). I only ride on weekends, done 5 Oaks a ton of times and I have actually never seen a single hiker. Its a super fun trail you should check it out.

mtbr member
    I go up to 5 Oaks from the streets. Its usually the first trail I hit because I park on Canyon Vistas. I just go thru the neighborhood up along the back yard of homes (just look for the water towers). I only ride on weekends, done 5 Oaks a ton of times and I have actually never seen a single hiker. Its a super fun trail you should check it out.

Cool thanks bro, I'll check it out next time I go.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

I $uck, but MY BIKE Rules

Fyi...

Although I've had my 2016 Tracer 275a (with a RS Pike RCT3 & Monarch Plus) since earlier this year, and really enjoy all that it can do, I still LOVE to ride my 26" 2010 Uzzi (with Zoch 66 coil and Fox DHX Coil) up AND down... Man is this thing AWESOME!!!

(had to take her out and make sure she was still dialed for one more upcoming trip to Big Bear this weekend).

Uzzi VP photo album-fb_img_1474045409807%5B1%5D.jpg
    I Hate when the trail trips my bike!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617