Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: To Uzzi or not?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofred View Post
    So got her partially built up yesterday, but have still have a few thing to do. Sort of a crappie picture, but at 6 in the morning before rushing of to work.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Crappy pictures for a Crappy bike...........NOT!!!
    That's pretty a very sick whip.
    Do you like black?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well the frame is a stealth black and figured that all the parts I had were black, so all just came together perfectly. The whip I take it is the brake line. Yes it's way to long and needs to be shortened.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofred View Post
    Well the frame is a stealth black and figured that all the parts I had were black, so all just came together perfectly. The whip I take it is the brake line. Yes it's way to long and needs to be shortened.

Dude your bike looks great, it will ride even better! A "whip" is referring to a ride(a car, horse,bike) most of my brake lines are too long on my bikes too. just ride it like you stole it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    hi,
    i am planning to build up an aggressive all-do bike and i am considering the uzzi vp (also Knolly Chicotin, Nicolai Helius AM)...i find a great deal on a 2010 uzzi VP frame, almost brand new (i can save a lot of money)...im wondering if it could be the right frame for my purpose..the set up would be: full XT, CrossmaxSX, Marza 55 micro swtich 120-160 TA...the things that make me have some dubts are the stories i read here and there regarding the flexbility and not great stiffness of the rear triangle....it is true or a metropolitan legend????...thansk a lot to everyone...

wuss
    The original Uzzi VP was not very stiff, but I do think that the effect of the flex has sometimes been overstated. That said, I'm pretty light so it might feel worse for a heavier rider, I actually like it being a bit compliant. Intense stiffened it up later, so I guess that could be thought of as them saying it was too flexy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Re: To Uzzi or not?

Well I ordered a set of 135 slack drop outs for my uzzi. Want a more DH bike feel than a trail bike feel. Have a trail bike already

wuss
    Let us know how it feels, and what effect it has on the BB height!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Will do. I got an email confirmation that my order was received and I could see them as early as Thursday. Can't wait to see how it changes the feel of the bike. Going to take down one of my favorite trails first than change the drop outs, then hit same trail the next morning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

So got the drop outs yesterday and put tjem on this morning. I measurements before and after as you can see in the picture

mtbr member

To Uzzi or not?

How do you order the slack dropouts? Is that what the G3 dropouts are?

Thanks

wuss
    The G3 dropouts have 3 positions, the slack dropouts are not sold by Intense, but they offer an even slacker option then the most slack G3 option (which I would imagine would be too slack for a lot of people).

I believe this is who is selling them: Powell Precision | Slacker Dropouts | 135 Dropouts | 150 Dropouts

But no mention on Uzzi VP on the site, so be sure to contact them before ordering.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

That's the correct link for the drop outs. The drop outs work on either the uzzi VPX or the socom. The owner is really cool and keeps you informed on the status of your order. I ordered the 135mm drop outs and he had to make the drive side and notified me of the progress.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    What's the difference between the slacker dropouts and the 2013 g3 dropouts on the latest 2012/13 Uzzi? Has anyone tried 27.5" wheels on the 2012/13 Uzzi, I'm thinking with the adjustable rear dropouts there would be clearance to run a 27.5 tire. Does anyone know the diameter of a Shwalbe Hans Damph 27.5 X 2.35 tire when installed on a rim with 30psi.?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Better buy knolly or liteville 601/901. you can't imagine how flexy was old uzzi vp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2