mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Cool-blue Rhythm #UZZI275 2016 park build

So glad to receive New uzzi 2016 bike, that my first Intense, and second full susp bike (first was Norco Range);
    Adding few photos of happy owner

UZZI 2016 park build-12414401_983563875015404_1137218664_o.jpgUZZI 2016 park build-12404844_983563961682062_959942305_o.jpg
    I've ordered foundation build for simplicity and acceptable price for week end warrior in order ride in bike parks, and local freeride trails rather than participate in enduro competition or any other, that's why I skip 11 speed dropper post, and other shiny parts like top end susp set-up (PRO Build);

Frame looks truly awesome and build to last, however couple of items regarding bike I will mention here:
    • RS Yari comes with non boost hub and with stupid torque dropouts;

Looks a bit odd, cause rear of the frame uses boost hub;
    And front hub do hot have torque cups

• Seat tube is not very pedal friendly you can move seat post up and down for couple of inches...
    • Also bike comes with bolt seat clamp(even 2) which is mega unfriendly to rise the seaddle

So it should be rather cutted for park riding or added dropper for pedal friendly setup;

• Almost impossible to adjust rebound on the shock (or you should have really thin and long fingers)
    • Guys from intense put lot of small spears into the box which is pleasant:

- Tubeless Nippels (wheels are already with proper tape)
    - Cable holders
    - Additional seatpost clamp
    - Fittings for brakes
    - Grease port
    - Bottomless tokens for the fork

Few more words regarding the complete:

• Low Long and slack, with even slacker option for the shock
    • Wide bar and short stem
    • Sram brakes + sram drivetrain with middle cage (so cassette expander could be easily setted up) makes cockpit clean and simple
    • E13 chain guide is nice plus
    • Nice and comfy saddle
    • BB frame protection
    • No chain protector
    • External cable routing

Also next steps is to buy Stans no tube sealant and ride ride ride;

Now is winter so I'll ride it in really bad conditions with stock shock and fork adjusting them if needed.
    For the summer I'll plan to go with AVY cartridge in case I'll not be satisfied with current setup;

In addition I had awesome customer experience with intense dealer, they rocks!
    Last edited by Nick_M; 12-31-2015 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Image upload

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Pics don't work so none of this ever happened.
    2000 Giant DH Team
    2003 Balfa BB7
    2004 Nicolai Nuclean ST
    *break*
    2011 Intense M9
    2014 Intense C29
    2015 Intense 951evo

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Could you add some more pics? What size is?.

mtbr member
    That's a large.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I would really like to know how that bike climbs. If it climbs well it might be an awesome Enduro race bike if setup correctly. Would also be fun to bomb down my local trails, the problem is they require alot of climbing.

mtbr member
    Somehow the new aesthetics don't do it for me. The TT looks like all the other brands, namely Mondraker and Canyon. Same for the Spider 275. Really glad I got a bunch of old school (26") Intenses.
    @rickthewelder: shame that not all ali bikes are made in the US anymore. Hope you guys keep your jobs in the long run!

外国人
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    Somehow the new aesthetics don't do it for me. The TT looks like all the other brands, namely Mondraker and Canyon. Same for the Spider 275. Really glad I got a bunch of old school (26") Intenses.
    @rickthewelder: shame that not all ali bikes are made in the US anymore. Hope you guys keep your jobs in the long run!
    ditto. i thought it was a canyon at first glance.

oh well, will be sticking with my uzzi vpx works grey, can't see any reason to change (until i want to try 27.5)
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I own a Spider 275 and i can say that the bike rips. Stop judging a bike on looks (which i think look awesome) and start judging it on its ride.

If the Uzzi rides as well as the spider it will be a killer ride. The bikes look very similar so i'm interested to see how it rides.

For anyone that still rides 26 and is holding on to history, move on. 27.5 is superior in almost every way. I don't need graphs to tell me that. On a 27.5 i climb quicker descend faster and have more confidence. The new Geo is far superior to the old Geo of bikes.

Stop living in the past.

mtbr member
    Hey, if I am judging a bike not based on look or reputation but solely on its ride I would be on a YT Capra. Awesome bike and half the price of an Intense T275 C. Both made in Asia, so no difference there.

How do you know that you are faster? Did you time 26 vs. 27.5? Or did any of the bike industry guys ever showed scientific sound data on this? And I am not talking about marketing BS, but a real study that would make it past peer review.

Geo is personal, I prefer a more nervous XC bike because I am faster with it on my local trails. Fact (timed myself)!

Stop believing everything a marketing person is telling you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    Hey, if I am judging a bike not based on look or reputation but solely on its ride I would be on a YT Capra. Awesome bike and half the price of an Intense T275 C. Both made in Asia, so no difference there.

How do you know that you are faster? Did you time 26 vs. 27.5? Or did any of the bike industry guys ever showed scientific sound data on this? And I am not talking about marketing BS, but a real study that would make it past peer review.

Geo is personal, I prefer a more nervous XC bike because I am faster with it on my local trails. Fact (timed myself)!

Stop believing everything a marketing person is telling you.
    i know I'm faster because strava told me so. So yes it has been measured. I cleared climbs on my spider that I couldn't do on my bandit 29er or my Santa Cruz 26. The geo on this bike makes a huge difference.

Stop holding on to the past....

has as nothing to do with marketing and a lot to do with the bikes.

thats like thinking a computer of 3 years ago is better than the newest toy.

26 handles a little better but is slower everywhere else, it's a fact not some couped up theory.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Idea!

Today was my first ride, except of crash from shore I really enjoyed;
    First of all i do really like how bike looks! Color, lines-awesome.
    UZZI 2016 park build-image.jpg

Regarding 27,5 they by far more cool rather 26; espetially in mountais;

Few more words how its ride:

It is really hard to spin on the flat, I was barelly manage to land 180 in the yard;
    Cruising through the city - nothing special, plush and fun;

Uphill:
    On our lockal trails there is a fire road with rock gardens for couple of kilometers; bikes goes up preatty well; comparing norco range it definetly weights more, however pedals more comforable uphill- you do not waste your pedal efficency at all, however you are filling weight!

Downhill: bike rips- popy, jumpy, speeding really fast.
    Bikes jumps like hardtail!

One annoying thing:
    Chain noise really awefull, I do not know why, however my chain really slapping on a bumps;

For uphill you need a dropper - 150 mm;

Suspension- kage pairs to frame really well
    Yary - I need to play with settings more, too firm at the beginning

Sram gx - i rally miss shimano two way shifting; also shimano clutch more tight

Feel free to ask any questions, I do my best to share my experience

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowsed341 View Post
    i know I'm faster because strava told me so. So yes it has been measured. I cleared climbs on my spider that I couldn't do on my bandit 29er or my Santa Cruz 26. The geo on this bike makes a huge difference.
    You compare vastly different bikes here. Only real test would be same geo and such, just different wheels.

You can benchmark test a computer, but can you benchmark test a bike?

26 handles a little better but is slower everywhere else, it's a fact not some couped up theory.
    Ever heard of pumping the trail? Everybody that hasn't mastered it claims larger wheels are faster. Did you read the interview of Fabien Barel in Dirt a year or so ago? He claimed that 26 is faster although he is sponsored to ride a 27.5 bike. But what does he know, maybe he should stop holding on to the past?

Anyway, no more OT from me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Nick, could you measure and post the actual head angle?

mtbr member

Stop holding on to the past....

has as nothing to do with marketing and a lot to do with the bikes.

It's all marketing hype and u fell for it. I don't drink koolaid and I don't change just for change. I change if something is actually better, not just perceived or marketed. You can get bigger/better improvements with wide carbon wheels and/or better suspension, (I have both) than you can get with slightly larger diameter wheels. 26" wheels are lighter, stronger, stiffer, accelerate and brake better. All facts. They also handle better/turn quicker and jump better, (more facts). The only thing a larger wheel does better is roll over objects slightly easier, but a 26" can make up the difference there with longer suspension, (like mine). Throw on some wide rims with large volume tires and the foot print is just as big too, (tubeless and carbon like mine). The old Uzzi is also made in the USA and has 3 different (up to date) geo settings at the dropouts and 2 travel settings on the shock linkage and came in several beautiful colors. I personally hate the colors of the new ones, (made in China) but that's a personal preference.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I have rode all 3 and for me I prefer 27.5 for my trails.

If I throw wide rims and bigger tires then I get a bigger tire profile...

I guess it depends on your style/type of riding.

I spend 85% of my riding climbing, and have found I peddle more efficiently with this wheel size.

I guess different strokes for different folks.

I just hope these comments are coming from riders who have actually tried them.

Getting tired of all the 26ers saying there better but have not tried other wheel sizes, because that is bias.

I really enjoyed my 29er also.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I've ridden 26 and 27.5 on the same bike, correcting geometry for each. I find the differences to be pretty minimal; I'm fine riding either. If I had to pick I'd lean 27.5 as it's a little smoother in the rough and I have no problem making tight corners with them. I'm also a tire whore and there are more options for new treads in 27.5

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Personaly I care about wheel size preatty much the same as I care about wheel size of my car...
    Wheels should be round.

I do care more about general comfort and fun factor...

You should ride more and care less

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Can you comment on the fit of the bike? Is this a large? How tall are you? I am 6 foot and nothing and can't decide between large and medium. The reach on the large seems fairly long so I am curious what you went with and if you can move around in and out of the saddle with ease.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    My height 184 sm,L - size fits perfectly in terms of reach, I have very long legs, that's why frame is really low to me;

You will be unable to adjust seat post more than 3';
    if you plan to pedal it uphill - dropper is a must;

Anyway you can adjust geo +- 10 mm of reach;

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    UZZI 2016 park build-13029480_992716627481817_3764981667157875571_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Nice bike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Ready to get rowdy . Best bike on the planet. Where is that picture taken?

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    @Shrink Ukraine, Kyiv;
    #RelaxEnduro race

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Running enduro race on that bike - pure awesomeness and smooth traction over all that you can met on the track, bikes add +100 of confidence to unknown terrain...

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Glad to hear and I agree a 100%. Hit an 8 foot drop today and it was smooth as butter. Bike is very stable, and just takes good care of you. First bike that loves you back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    UZZI 2016 park build-13433125_1023200931100053_3067998278103590848_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Uzzi in its natural habitat. Great pic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    UZZI 2016 park build-27096420214_cf6e7cf361.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice shots nick! Man That gap looks like a flat landing
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    should i care on uzzi? landing is over the trees

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

... and if we just ...

winter ride
    UZZI 2016 park build-p5pb14374447.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Headed out myself in a bit w the uzzi. Winter can't stop this bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

... and if we just ...

Wide range for epic rides

Last edited by Nick_M; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:00 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    How wide is it? I was considering a 10-46T cassette. I have my fork and shock at Avalanche for some sweet upgrades plus some new wheels on the way.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

We the people ...

it regular up to 42 cassette since I'm running 10 spd
    10- 46, what for?

for same price I'd opt for e13 cassette, with 9t as a lower gear, the only concern is wide chain-stay

ALSO have a question regarding bike maintenance, what grease and grease gun are u using for lover box pivot?

Thnx