mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Uzzi 2013 rear shock suggestions

Hello Intense guys, I'm writing from Italy to ask some suggestions about the rear shock of my Uzzi 2013.
    I've just bought an Uzzi with Fox Van RC2 coil fork (180 mm of stroke) and Fox van RC shock.
    The bike came with a 400x2,8 coil spring installed and it seems to be too soft for my weight. I use almost all the stroke of the shock without big jumps or drops.

Iím 88kg (194 lbs?) with all the mtb equipment, could you suggest me the right spring ratio for my weight?
    Can you also suggest me the right sag value?

Iím also thinking to use an air shock for winter pedaling use, in your opinion a used Fox dhx 5 air could be a great shock for that use? I would like to avoid bobbing while pedalling uphill but I don't want to loose too much performance downhill.

I was looking also at the CC Double barrel air and Fox Float X but them are too expensive for my wallet.

I use the bike for everything, from pedalling uphill 1500m to shuttle bike park.

thanks in advance for your help!

Matteo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteoxr View Post
    Hello Intense guys, I'm writing from Italy to ask some suggestions about the rear shock of my Uzzi 2013.
    I've just bought an Uzzi with Fox Van RC2 coil fork (180 mm of stroke) and Fox van RC shock.
    The bike came with a 400x2,8 coil spring installed and it seems to be too soft for my weight. I use almost all the stroke of the shock without big jumps or drops.

Iím 88kg (194 lbs?) with all the mtb equipment, could you suggest me the right spring ratio for my weight?
    Can you also suggest me the right sag value?

Iím also thinking to use an air shock for winter pedaling use, in your opinion a used Fox dhx 5 air could be a great shock for that use? I would like to avoid bobbing while pedalling uphill but I don't want to loose too much performance downhill.

I was looking also at the CC Double barrel air and Fox Float X but them are too expensive for my wallet.

I use the bike for everything, from pedalling uphill 1500m to shuttle bike park.

thanks in advance for your help!

Matteo.
    Save up and get a CCDBA. It's an awesome shock that does everything great. It's much lighter than a coil shock too. I run mine with a 36 Fox Float 180 up front so it's air on both ends.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!