mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Turner 5Spot to Intense Carbine?

Hey guys, I'm a DW-Link Turner 5Spot rider for a few years now, and its an amazing trail bike. But I may have an opening to get a new frame soon, and the Intense Carbine is definitely intruiging. Carbon, lighter, can be built 26" for now and move to 27.5" later without having to switch frames. Nice.
    I couldn't get a test ride yet (working on it), but has anyone here had a chance to properly ride both and can compare their ride?
    (I did place a similar post in the Turner forum, but it would be great to hear Intense riders...)
    Thanks!
    Hear no evil. See no evil. Speak no evil. (Do it !?!)

mtbr member
    Hey tald,

I demo'd a Carbine at the Intense camping trip last year and it felt a little like a lighter & snappier version of my Tracer 2 (very similar fit and geo). I have put my T2 to the test in all conditions and it has never let me down so I'm not ready to trade it in for a Carbine, but when the time comes it will be very high on my short list. I think it would be a really fun bike for someone that likes "play" with their bike when riding it rather than just sit in the saddle and grind away.

mtbr member
    I have an 2012 5spot which I love but I rode a Carbine and was blown away, it just did everything better than the 5spot. So much plusher with none of the inherent stiction of the Spot and a lot faster going down. The Carbine backend is flexier than the Spot but that didn't bother me. I went from a large Spot to a medium Carbine so that may be partly why the Carbine felt so much more chuckable and fun. I bought a Carbine because I think it's one of the best bikes I've ever ridden - it just suits my riding perfectly. Gonna keep the Spot though !

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Turner 5Spot to Intense Carbine?

Thanks for the feedback on these 2 bikes.