Thread: Tracer VP size?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Smile Tracer VP size?

My bike is SC Blur LT size s.VPP is a great system but the new generation VPP is better,right?Compared with the new Blur LT,new Nomad and Tracer VP,I think I won't make my new bike a SC.They all have NO water bottle bosses.

I'm 5' 7 height and now my bike is Blur LT size s,Thomson inline seatpost,raceface evovle xc stem 90mm.I think it's easy controlled but a little small for my riding and climbing.Which size should I choose for my new Tracer?S or M?Thank you

mtbr member

Intense Size

Comparing the two bikes, our small has a TT of 22" while the Blur LT is 21.5. This may be the extra 1/2 inch that you are looking for in TT length. You are right on the cusp of a small or medium....though leaning towards the small . I would look at the geometry numbers of the both of the bikes, and decide on that. The best case would be if you are able to locate a complete bike to size yourself up on. I hope that this helps!! Thank you for considering an Intense for your next ride!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'm in China mainland and it seems unnecessary for me to locate a demo bike....Or fit caculator at competitivecyclist.com may help?In fact,I considered size m, just because the m size toptube's shape is more sexy....

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Same question

I'm also around 5'7" (inseam around 32") and would probably prefer a medium. Is the seat-tube measurement Centre-Centre or Centre-Top? What is the standover height for Small and Medium built-up bikes? Grateful for any advice, not likely to be able to try or see a complete bike here in the UK.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    PADI R - if you speak to the UK importer, Extra UK, they can tell you which dealers have access to their Intense demo fleet, and yep, it involves fully built up Tracers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    a while back they had the full range out at Cwm Carn for an Intense demo day...

Singletrack and Guy Kesteven at What MTB both loved the Tracer...

Members who have read this thread: 0