mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Tracer VP shock pressure

Hey guys just got my Tracer down here in Oz, went for my first ride today and must agree with everyone it felt awsome. Just a quick question I had my sag set at about 16mm or 5/8 and whilst riding along paved roads there was noticable linkage movement is this normal or should I add more pressure to rear shock( had it at 160). What pressures are you guys running I,m about 93kg. Cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Sag should be between 15 and 17mm. Try experimenting with the pressure but you should be pretty close. You can allways use a bit more propedal if you want to firm it up for the road sections. Pressure recomendation is about 15 psi less than your weight in lbs.

mtbr member
    I weigh 180 lbs & run @ 155psi in 6" mode

feels great & I am getting majority of the travel with trail riding

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Cheers guys I was riding with the propedal off. Might give it a go with it on and in the lowest setting. What do you guys use most of the time propedal on or off ?

mtbr member
    Not using propedal on mine, rides great without it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Come on guys post me up some numbers eg; rider weight/ shock pressure,propedal on/off. I dont seem to be climbing as well as on my old bike( gt id5 ). Everywhere else the bike shines just want to climb a bit quicker.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I weigh 190 with gear. I run 160 psi. When climbing I turn the PP to 2. If it is a long smooth climb I will run it in the 3 position. Climbs great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    i'm 175lbs and when sitting on the bike i found it hard to get the whole 16mm of sag as the pressure was often fairly low and then i'd ride it round get back on and check sag and it was too much. so i went for the recommendation of 15psi less than 175 (ie 160psi) and find that is about bang on - checking sag on the trail then found it to be about 16mm too. given the way vpp works i'm not sure if when checking sag you should have your feet off the pedals too????

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    i'm 175lbs and when sitting on the bike i found it hard to get the whole 16mm of sag as the pressure was often fairly low and then i'd ride it round get back on and check sag and it was too much. so i went for the recommendation of 15psi less than 175 (ie 160psi) and find that is about bang on - checking sag on the trail then found it to be about 16mm too. given the way vpp works i'm not sure if when checking sag you should have your feet off the pedals too????
    You should be completely on the bike just as if you were pedaling along.