mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Tracer VP Sag/Pivot Bolt Location

I just recently got my new Tracer frame and have a couple of questions. First, what is the recommended sag for this bike? My understanding is the VPP bikes should be set up with more sag than other designs. Also, which linkage location corresponds to which travel distance? Does it come from the factory setup for 5.5 or 6 inch travel?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vlxray
    I just recently got my new Tracer frame and have a couple of questions. First, what is the recommended sag for this bike? My understanding is the VPP bikes should be set up with more sag than other designs. Also, which linkage location corresponds to which travel distance? Does it come from the factory setup for 5.5 or 6 inch travel?
    Sag should be set 20 to 30% , I like to run 5/8" on my Tracer.
    The frame should come from the factory in the 5.5" setting ( lowwer hole) 6" is the upper hole.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the info Mr. Intense. By the way, the frame looks killer. You outdid yourself with this one. I've been riding a Spider since 2004 but the new Tracer looks like it has taken things to a whole new level. It is definitely a work of bicycle art. I can't wait to get it dirty.

mtbr member

Ditto

on the Tracer kudos, I sold my 6.6 and SlopeStyle to finance the Tracer purchase (keeping the SOCOM though - forever)
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives