mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Tracer VP Pushed

Just wondering if anyones had their Tracer RP23 pushed yet?

I love the ride on mine when set up with 25-30% sag but it seems to blow through the midstroke on small jumps and hits. Would a low volume can fix this or get it pushed, would like to hear some feedback before I got it done.

May even consider a different shock, RS Monarch etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ausgt

I love the ride on mine when set up with 25-30% sag but it seems to blow through the midstroke on small jumps and hits. Would a low volume can fix this or get it pushed, would like to hear some feedback before I got it done.

There was a lot of talk about the-Fox rp23 being way to plush+ blowing through the midstroke to fast. I don't think anyone has had there Fox rp23 pushed yet on there Tracer Vpp. I was thinking about it. But instead I am going to get the Manitou Evolver ISX-6 Intrinsic and put that on my Tracer Vpp. There are some guys running it on their's Tracer Vpp's and they love it.Same with guys on S/C nomads they are very happy with the ISX-6. I heard goods things about the R/S Monarch. The S/C LBS guy said it is firmer than the Fox rp23. But I have never ridden one so I really can't say. I am running 20% sag on my Tracer Vpp I get the same thing.So I am looking forward to the ISX-6. Welcome to the super plush rp-23 club LOL!!! Membership-Buy a Tracer VPP...
    Last edited by JohnnyG 1970; 12-30-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Trail Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by ausgt

I have a an Ibis Mojo with the RP23 and experiance the same problem. Push told me to get the high volume can for the shock and try that first. The more pressure in the shock allows it to be a little more progressive in mid stroke and still get full stroke in fast DH runs. The regular sleeve ramped up too much, when pumping it up. I had the same trouble with a Fox float on my old Tracer. I got the Talas model on that with the adjustable can. I am a heavier rider at 190 lb. It seems to somewhat common among heavier riders.
    [size=4]Don[/size]

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    same experience after my butt got used to my CCDB on 5.5, on high speed run the rear shock wallows, especially on mid-stroke. will definately replace the shock as my spare, and will be putting my CCDB for my long weekend rides.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I had my RP23 pushed after not being impressed with the performance due to it not being able to absorb any small trail buzz type bumps not matter what pressure I had in the shock, lower pressure helped a bit but caused too much sag and bottoming out, pretty much felt like a SBC brain shock. Was told this is because the new fox shocks can t flow enough oil.
    Anyway, the bike rides much much better now, absorbs the tiny bumps even with a 50psi increase in pressure, doesn t bottom out all the time when it used to, doesn t blow through the mid stroke. More traction and pedals better.
    Its what I thought the bike would be like when I got it, oh and I got a nice blue push o ring as the icing on the cake.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Hey Corolla was that on a Tracer VP?

Seems like the midstroke blow through may only happen to bigger riders ( I,m 94kg). Mine seems fine on small trail buzz.

Had an email from Push and they said to try a LV can but I might wait till I hear if someone else has any luck doing it. Prices for revalves and fox parts in Australia are ridiculous.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Augst,
    Yes on Tracer VP, I am 87kgs and just couldn t get it set up at all before the tune and really wasn t happy with the bike but knew it was the shock. Perhaps I did have a faulty shock, as I have never found them to be that bad but knew from experience having it PUSHed makes a massive difference.
    Not sure if its worth you speaking to TF Tuned here in the UK as they PUSHed my shock at a reduced cost because it was so new and only needed the PUSH parts.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CorollaRWD
    Not sure if its worth you speaking to TF Tuned here in the UK as they PUSHed my shock at a reduced cost because it was so new and only needed the PUSH parts.
    That's useful to know

My frame should arrive next week so if I'm not happy, I'll get it done straight away

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    I'm still deciding between PUSHing my RP23 or getting the CCDB... what's $450 anyways? hehe
    09 Tracer VP - "wtf, am I hovering?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny427
    I'm still deciding between PUSHing my RP23 or getting the CCDB... what's $450 anyways? hehe
    I read in ccdb review that it doesn't work well with lower leverage ratios.
    5.5/2.25=2,[4]

"I'd steer clear if you have a 2.6:1 ratio or less. Check out BOS if you're interested in high end shocks for lower leverage."