Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    ah enough posts for pics
    Put on weight, up to just under 30lbs, swapped forks for both thru's so couple of new sets of wheels, swapped brakes to XT with big discs, went 10 speed
    light wheels, heavy tyres

heavier wheels, lighter tyres

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My tracer with last updates. almost 4 years with me and still i love it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-2012-03-16-18.39.46.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

High in Colorado

13,224ft
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-p1000078.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Update to my Tracer VP - new wheelset and tyres

Mavic XM719 on Hope Pro2 with Schwalbe Nobby Nic and Racing Ralph. Notcicably better pedaling compared to my old Kenda Nevegals on Spank Subrosa rims.

mtbr member
    Good looking rig jeremy - I'm a big fan of that flat black. Do you have any room to drop to a shorter and slightly lower stem? (hard to tell but it looks like an 70-90mm on there) I noticed a marked improvement in overall handling when I went to a stiff 60mm zero degree stem with 760mm riser bars. But judging from the XL frame and post height you may need all the room you can get. At 6'2" im pushing the limits of my large T2 but find the stability benefits outweigh the initial cramped feeling. Just my $.02

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Thanks. Being 6'5" the riding position is good for my everyday riding, but i do feel a shorter stem for more steeper technical terrain would indeed help. I will get round to trying a shorter stem.

Quote Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    Good looking rig jeremy - I'm a big fan of that flat black. Do you have any room to drop to a shorter and slightly lower stem? (hard to tell but it looks like an 70-90mm on there) I noticed a marked improvement in overall handling when I went to a stiff 60mm zero degree stem with 760mm riser bars. But judging from the XL frame and post height you may need all the room you can get. At 6'2" im pushing the limits of my large T2 but find the stability benefits outweigh the initial cramped feeling. Just my $.02

CTB
    mtbr member
    Ok, so maybe it isn't the best view of my bike, but I found this picture today on my GoPro and liked it a lot. Those are my buddies in front of me on our first time doing lift-assist riding in Pennsylvania.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

My Intense Tracer VP

Here is my set up.. I just added the new 34 ctd fox float and the bike feels amazing! Bike weighs in at 27.5 pounds.

Frame: Medium - Works Blue
    Fork: Fox Float CTD 34 160mm
    Shock: Fox RP23
    Headset: Chris King
    Handle Bar: Easton Haven Carbon
    Stem: Thomson X4 70mm
    Brake: Shimano XTR Trial
    Rotor: Ice Tech (7 inch front, 6 inch back)
    Crank: Raceface Sixc (double ring w/bash)
    Pedal: Loaded Flat Pedals
    Shifters: Shimano XTR
    Derailluers: Shimano XTR
    Cassette: Shimano XTR
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Ti
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite
    Wheelset: Easton Haven
    Tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-img_4106.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevalenuela View Post
    Here is my set up.. I just added the new 34 ctd fox float and the bike feels amazing! Bike weighs in at 27.5 pounds.
    Sweet !! How tall are you ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I'm 5'7.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    intense are the best looking bikes and makes unique the experience to own one of this beasts

CTB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevalenuela View Post

Frame: Medium - Works Blue
    Fork: Fox Float CTD 34 160mm
    Shock: Fox RP23
    Headset: Chris King
    Handle Bar: Easton Haven Carbon
    Stem: Thomson X4 70mm
    Brake: Shimano XTR Trial
    Rotor: Ice Tech (7 inch front, 6 inch back)
    Crank: Raceface Sixc (double ring w/bash)
    Pedal: Loaded Flat Pedals
    Shifters: Shimano XTR
    Derailluers: Shimano XTR
    Cassette: Shimano XTR
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Ti
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite
    Wheelset: Easton Haven
    Tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
    Beautiful!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Latest upgrades

Tracer VP Photo Album-395492_10200335244250905_1306932991_n-1.jpgUpdated build: Replaced the RP23 and Talas with a DHX5 ti spring and a Van36. Huge difference in the ride. Also added some straitline AMPs and Atlas bars and stem and a set of Schwalbe HDs.

mtbr member
    Nice upgrades E203, i dig that matte black finish. Thinking about upgrading the RP23 on my T2 as well - how much do you suffer on the climbs going from air to spring on the TVP?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    Nice upgrades E203, i dig that matte black finish. Thinking about upgrading the RP23 on my T2 as well - how much do you suffer on the climbs going from air to spring on the TVP?
    Thanks, I live in FL where we ride mostly in reclaimed phosphate mines. The climbs are short and steep so I hardly notice the extra weight. The ti spring reduces the weight by about 1/2 pound. The bike is just under 31 pounds. The biggest difference was the coil in the front which now tracks much better and makes it easier to pop the front end up quickly over roots and rocks. The bike launches off of lips and wooden stunts much better with the coils on both ends. It just became a more responsive and funner ride for me.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    finally bit the bullet & went 1x10, cheap mrp in the chainreaction sale, mud tyres on the light wheels back down to 28.5lbs

CTB
    mtbr member
    I still love that swirl paint job. I gotta try that on something sometime.

mtbr member
    I only have one ride on it but I love it! Replaced my 2001 Tracer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-20130214-20130214-img_2511.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Looking to pick up a new old stock 2010 tracer VP in works red. My question is how dose a 150mm fork work with the 6.0 in the rear or would you run it in the 5.5 in the rear. Iím in So Cal and wanting to do some enduro racing.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Quote Originally Posted by motoknight View Post
    Looking to pick up a new old stock 2010 tracer VP in works red. My question is how dose a 150mm fork work with the 6.0 in the rear or would you run it in the 5.5 in the rear. Iím in So Cal and wanting to do some enduro racing.
    Run it either way, but for Enduro, definitely 6". What size are you looking for?
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    im looking at a md

mtbr member
    moto - I ran my TVP in both 5.5" & 6.0" starting with a Fox 32 140mm then switching to a Fox 36 160mm (both TALAS). You can run it in either mode depending on the trail, the geometry works with either combination. In my experience, the 6" was more fun on the rough stuff but very tricky to eliminate pedal bob on the climbs. In 5.5" the bike is more responsive and a better climber but definitely not as plush. Do you already have the 150 fork? If not I would consider a 36 160mm for the TVP or the T2 - noticeably stiffer and more confidence inspiring than the 32 for rougher riding, but for racing with some good climbs the 32 is very capable.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    trojans1993 I have the 150mm and run the same trails you do. Do you feel that your T2 is a big step up over the TVP i saw it on STR. I have a wheel set that will let me run a 12mm to 10mm bolt on step down to work on th TVP to make it stiffer. Trying to way out the cost to go with the T2 over what I can get the TVP for. Im coming for a stumpy.

mtbr member
    The rear end is stiffer on the T2 compared to the TVP but I never tried it with anything other than a 9QR axle so your axles setup may help out there. Other than that, the G1 dropouts were nice because they gave me the option of converting to 650b. Other than that, I really liked my TVP and it rides very similar to the T2. If you are a bigger guy that cranks hard on the back end then a gently used T2 might be a better option. But if you found a killer deal on a TVP and you want a solid "do it all" bike the TVP is still a great option IMO. Hope it helps.

BTW - I sold the TVP to my riding partner who is 6'1 200lbs and its still going strong and he loves it too.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    thx i pulled the trigger and here is my new ride.
    Tracer VP Photo Album-tracer1.jpg

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast