Frame: Medium
    Fork: Fox Talas 36 160mm
    Shock: Fox RP23
    Headset: Chris King
    Handle Bar: Easton Haven Carbon
    Stem: Thomson X4 70mm, 0 degrees
    Grip: Lizard Skin Lock-On Peaty
    Brake: Shimano XTR Trial
    Rotor: Ice Tech (7 inch front, 6 inch back)
    Crank: Hammerschmidt AM 170
    Pedal: Crank Bros. Mallet 3
    Shifters: Shimano XTR (rear) Sram Hammer (front)
    Rear Derailluer: Shimano XTR
    Cassette: Shimano XTR
    Chain: Shimano XTR
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR Ti
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite
    Wheelset: Easton Haven
    Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.35 (front and rear)

Weight: 31 pounds
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-img_1647.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice rig.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    wonderful wheels on a wonderful bike!

mtbr member
    Stunning bike

jddist
    May 2008
    So nice that doesn't even look real!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    are those the 2012 mavic crossmax st? how are they? choosing between the st or havens...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    really liking those havens...

mtbr member

Mine....

New to me.... barely used (ridden 2x before me)

Build:
    Frame: 2010 Large Red w/ RP23 BV
    Fork: Fox 32 Talas 150 RLC Taper 15QR
    Stem: Truvativ Stylo 90
    Bars: Easton Monkey Lite XC Riser
    Drivetrain: Full XT 10sp 3x9
    Rims: DT Swiss EX500 (soon to be ghetto tubeless)
    Hubs: DT Swiss 350
    Tire: Maxxis high roller non-UST going to true UST Nevegal (F) and Mountain King rear.
    Seat: Fizik Gobi Ti
    Brakes: Formula RX with Hayes V7 rotors

Still to do:
    -Tubeless conversion
    -put new rotors on
    -tune rear shock (so it stops blowing through the midstroke)

Great bike for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice Tracer yogi sounds like you scored a deal on an almost brand new beauty. Do yourself a favor and add some wider bars to your TO DO list. Nothing wrong with the MonkeyLite XC if your a pure xc rider but I believe those are somewhere in the 685 mm wide range?. I thought my Tracer felt pretty good with Monkey Lite DH carbons at 711 mm until I switched to some 760's (cut from 777) now that's control when the going gets rough - just my $.02

mtbr member
    Funny what you say about the wider bars - it came with new Easton Havens that are wider, but I wasn't comfortable going that wide. I'm tall and thin, and sort of wondered if they where too wide for my shoulders.

They have a similar riser profile as the Monkey Lites, only wider.

When I got the Monkey Lites, they where wider than the previous XC bars and I did like the change.

For some of the riding I do in CO, there does seem to be bars that are too wide to get through tight spots in the trees and brush...

mtbr member
    You would be very surprised how much an extra 1/2" - 1" on each side changes the handling characteristics of the bike. I thought the same thing about narrow trails but found you barely even notice clearance issues, but gain a whole lot of extra control - well worth the trade-off IMO.

I'm 6'2" and 165lbs so I hear ya on the tall thin thing and wider was definitely way better for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    I'm 6'2" and 165lbs so I hear ya on the tall thin thing and wider was definitely way better for me.
    So, are you on a Large? What size stem do you use?

I have a 90 and will probably drop to an 80.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogidave View Post
    What size stem do you use?

I have a 90 and will probably drop to an 80.
    Stem length is equally important when it comes to the way the bike handles. I always rode a longer stem back in my Specialized Enduro days because I'm fairly tall with longer than average arms and it just felt more comfortable. When I got my Tracer I decided to go to a shorter 70mm Point One SS stem along with wider bars and my bike suddenly felt like super fun, giant BMX bike or something. So much more control on berms, jumps, and just basic fun type of riding.

If you're into longer multi-hour rides with a lot of saddle time, then I wouldn't go shorter than a 70mm, but most of my rides are <2hrs and i spend half the time out of the saddle just having fun on whatever comes along. If that's the type of riding you like to do then I would say 70mm is max. I would love to get a 50mm but I'm already pushing the comfort zone of my Large frame and find my Split Second 70 a pretty fun comprimise.

Give it a try along with your Haven bars and I'm pretty sure you'll like it - feels a little awkward at first, but soon as you hit a good stretch of fast dirt you'll be grinning ear-to-ear on how much fun it is compared to the XC style setup (at least I was)

Good luck, post some pics if you make any changes.

mtbr member
    Purchased the frame through JensonUSA last summer but didn't get a chance to ride it much due to getting married in July. I love this bike! Now I just need to change out the RP23 to a Monarch and it'll be perfect.

Lyrik U-Turn
    Havoc AM Wheels Upgraded w/ bolt on rear axle
    Reverb 125mm
    x9 drivetrain
    SLX cranks
    Elixir R's
    AKA Stem
    EA70 Bars
    Bontrager XR4 2.35 tires with Stans Strips
    WTB Silverado
    Time Z Pedals

Last edited by bigkat273; 04-13-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les MisÚrables

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Heres my Tracer VP...

Frame: small
    Fork: Fox float 32 RLC 140mm
    Shock: Fox DHX 5.0 air
    Handle Bar: Spank spike
    Stem: Thomson X4 50mm, 0 degrees
    Grip: ODI Oury
    Brake: Shimano Saint
    Crank: Shimano Saint with e13 34t chainring
    Pedal: Wellgo
    Shifters: Shimano SLX
    Rear Derailluer: Shimano Saint
    Chain: KMC X9
    Chainguide: MRP mini G2
    Saddle: SDG fly
    Seatpost: KS 950i
    Wheelset: Stan's ZTR flow with Hope pro 2 hubs
    Tire: Maxxis High roller 2.35 front, Maxxis Larsen TT 2.35 rear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-img-20120225-00008-small.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice rides bigkat and Ice - I just recently sold my TVP to my riding parter (reluctantly) but absolutely loved it. You will find they are much more capable rides than expected and climbs awesome.

Hey bigcat, do yourself a favor and put some much wider bars (710mm min) on there and shorten the stem up a bit (70mm max) if you have the room. The TVP completely transforms into a true AM ride with a more aggressive cockpit making it WAY more fun going down and still climbs like a champ. Don't worry about "front end lifting while climbing" its hardly noticable and the benefits of a wider/shorter setup is well worth the tradeoff IMO.

CTB
    mtbr member
    put some much wider bars (710mm min) on there and shorten the stem up a bit (70mm max) if you have the room.
    Do you guys not have any trees in SoCal? Mountain Bike Action (also in SoCal) yammers on endlessly about installing 400-foot wide bars on bikes and how great it is. Around here, you'd get about 20 feet before those bars would hook about 20 trees and rip you off the bike. I ride 640's and that's about all the wider you can go around here without having to tiptoe between everything. I'd try 'em if I lived in Phoenix (the only other place where I've ridden extensively), but certainly not here in the land of the tree-lined small intestine. Horses for courses, I guess.

BTW, nice bikes, everyone. I don't think I posted mine in this thread; this photo isn't fully up to date anymore, tho. Once my parts mix settles, I'll snap a new one. I just now realized how much I've changed...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CTB View Post
    Do you guys not have any trees in SoCal? Mountain Bike Action (also in SoCal) yammers on endlessly about installing 400-foot wide bars on bikes and how great it is. Around here, you'd get about 20 feet before those bars would hook about 20 trees and rip you off the bike.
    Going from a 640 to a 710 is only a bit more than 1" on each side of the bar but adds a world of stability - you adapt pretty quick - I thought the same excact thing you did but haven't had any issues - a slight bar movement in the occassional tight spots is well worth it. If I jump on a bike with really narrow (<650) bars now it feels so foreign to me, like a light XC cruiser instead of a true AM rig.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I ride Easton Havoc 750mm bars and love them. I'm demoing a Carbine right now that has 685mm bars and they feel crazy narrow... though I'm also 6'2", so I'd run wider bars regardless.

mtbr member
    Nice rides bigkat and Ice - I just recently sold my TVP to my riding parter (reluctantly) but absolutely loved it. You will find they are much more capable rides than expected and climbs awesome.

Hey bigcat, do yourself a favor and put some much wider bars (710mm min) on there and shorten the stem up a bit (70mm max) if you have the room. The TVP completely transforms into a true AM ride with a more aggressive cockpit making it WAY more fun going down and still climbs like a champ. Don't worry about "front end lifting while climbing" its hardly noticable and the benefits of a wider/shorter setup is well worth the tradeoff IMO.
    The EA70's are 685mm and the stem is 80mm. I have been considering a wider bar (Haven Carbon to be exact) but just havent pulled the trigger yet. I will end up trying it this summer I imagine.

I do agree with the wider/shorter concept...I run the Boobar on my park bike
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les MisÚrables

mtbr member
    Update on my Tracer, new tyres and down to 12.32kgs. 2.25 Racing Ralph snake skin rear, 2.4 Nobby Nic snake skin front.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i would like to know how much a rear triingle in m9 and a tracer Vp i case it cracks because i see a lot of frame cracked over the inernet and the warranty least two years so the life until is 2 years i am very dessapointed so until 2 month my warranty expire i will sale my bikes but i think yo should use the technology that Santa cruz i s using to demostrate how hard are your frame or create a stanrdart capable to measure how hard are your frame and put in the internet i have own 4 intense and the older are much stronger and the newest are full colors and weakist i have seen all over the internet 951 cracked and no one 5 at least , uzzi offcourse the newest tracers so yo have to make a swingarm stifftness and what aboun the older tracer owners? you must replace all that bike because ate failure

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    would like to know how much cost a rear triangle for m9 and a tracer Vp(rear triangle) in case it cracks because i see a lot of frame cracked over the inernet and the warranty least two years so the life until is 2 years i am very dissapointed so until 2 month my warranty expire i will sale my bikes but i think intense must use the santa cruz test labs that use the technology that Santa cruz i s using to demostrate how hard are your frame or create a stanrdart capable to measure how hard are your frame to break and put in the internet, i own 4 intense and the olders are much strongers and the newest are full colors and weak, i have seen all over the internet 951 cracked and no one 5 at least , uzzi offcourse the tracers VP so yo have to make a swingarm stifftness and what about the older tracer owners? you must replace all that bike because those failure some day will crack and yo know because when yo plane to make the tracer to you assume that there was an initial failure design i the first generation an d this bike cost more than 2000 dollars no???

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerey View Post
    Frame: Intense Tracer VP (Small)
    Fork: Fox Talas 36 160mm Travel 20mm QR
    Shock: Fox DHX Air 5.0
    Headset: Chris King Dovolution
    Bottom Bracket: Chris King
    Handle Bar: Easton Haven Carbon
    Stem: Thomson X4 70mm, 0 degrees
    Grip: Lizard Skin Lock-On Northshore
    Brake: Hope Tech Evo X2
    Rotor: Hope Floating Disc (8" front & 7" rear)
    Crank: Shimano XTR 175mm. 10S Double Ring 40-28
    Pedal: Shimano XTR Trail
    Shifter: Shimano XTR
    Front Derailluer: Shimano XTR
    Rear Derailluer: Shimano XTR
    Cassett: Shimano XTR
    Chain: Shimano XTR
    Saddle: Intense "Sacred Heart"
    Seatpost: KS950i (Remote)
    Seat clamp: Thomson seat clamp
    Wheelset: Chris King Hubs, ZTR Flow, DT spokes
    Tire: Maxxis High Roller 2.35mm (not shown on photo

Did you have any rubbing on the fork with this rotor set up.....I have heard hope floating rotors and ck and i9 hubs have compatibility issues with the fox 36

mtbr member
    oops
    Last edited by awai04; 05-06-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    It's not dirt in my apartment --it's Earth.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast