Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    I know exactly what you are saying, it feels like it's a much smaller bike than it actually is. Particularly when you're out of the saddle and throwing it around over small woops and jumps. How do you like the XO stuff? I was a lifetime XT/XTR guy that decided to give SRAM a try (at least my shifters and rear der.) and I really like it - feels more crisp and precise gear-to-gear but I still have <100 miles on it so I'll be interested to see how it holds up to my Shimano stuff.
    My GT zaskar has full shimano XT 3x9 system, I have been riding it for almost 2 years, lots of miles both on paved roads and trails. I can tell you that shimano makes pretty good component. Up until now, I have not needed any adjustment and it still shifts very precisely.

My Intense, on the other hand, was just barely born
    It's only 3 days old. So far, I can tell you that I like it alot. I think it's a tad more crisp than my shimano XT. But then again, it's only 3 days old. I had a chance today to get out on the trail. I was having a blast. What I just found out, with Sram XO, I didn't even need to softpedal to shift to smaller crank uphill. I cannot do that with shimano XT. But maybe that has something to do with 2x10 system. It's got narrower front derailleur.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Hey guys - beautiful bikes! I'm pulling the trigger on a Tracer VP and had a couple questions:

- What chainline should I be running for a dual ring setup with chainguide? What size chainrings - as I've heard there may be clearance issues and chainslap on the lower linkage with a 22...

- What color!!??? Narrowed it down to Raw or Stealth Black...

Thank you!

Mike
    You guys wanna ride bikes?

Scottish mtbr member
    walk away, buy some thing els, it will just break and give you a lot of hassle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7PointMe View Post
    Hey guys - beautiful bikes! I'm pulling the trigger on a Tracer VP and had a couple questions:

- What chainline should I be running for a dual ring setup with chainguide? What size chainrings - as I've heard there may be clearance issues and chainslap on the lower linkage with a 22...
    I have 39/26, works no problem.
    If you look at neojet setup on page 13 of this thread, he/she has triple chainring with 22t the lowest.

- What color!!??? Narrowed it down to Raw or Stealth Black...

Thank you!

Mike
    I would say get raw then powdercoat it to whatever color you like

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Well I'm building up my Med / Stealth Black Tracer and have run into a problem with the front derailleur. I see that a few of you have SRAM X-series front derailleurs - any tips on how to get them to work? I have an X-7, but the top pull is way over on the right side of the derailleur...

I did use search, and saw a similar question but no answer...

Thanks for any insight you can provide

GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    I dissembled my rear triangle and then I'd install the FD. That's the only way with the SRAM FD.

Good luck

mtbr member
    Well I'm building up my Med / Stealth Black Tracer and have run into a problem with the front derailleur. I see that a few of you have SRAM X-series front derailleurs - any tips on how to get them to work? I have an X-7, but the top pull is way over on the right side of the derailleur...

I did use search, and saw a similar question but no answer...

Thanks for any insight you can provide
    I have XO front derailleur. It's difficult for me to explain it here , but I'll try my best. Basically, before you clamp your derailleur on seat tube, you want to secure your shifter cable to it first. The reason is so that you can rotate the derailleur so that you can access the top pull. Only then you can secure your derailleur on seat tube. It's not easy to get right, it took me few tries, but you will eventually get it. I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks nponto. I think I get what you are saying. After rotating, does the shifter cable hit the rear triangle? Also, how far down do you have your front derailleur mounted?

mtbr member
    Thanks nponto. I think I get what you are saying. After rotating, does the shifter cable hit the rear triangle? Also, how far down do you have your front derailleur mounted?
    You rotate it just enough so that u can use ur allen key to loosen ur top pull. I did not cut my shifter cable yet, however it didn't hit rear triangle cuz its position is sideway now. After I secure my shifter cable, then I rotate it back to the correct position. And now the cable hits the rear triangle, cuz its posotion now is directly behind the rear triangle. then I pull the derailleur down so that I have about 1.5mm clearance from biggest chainring. After I get all adjusted correctly and it shifts correctly, then I cut the shifter cable to proper length.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nponto View Post
    You rotate it just enough so that u can use ur allen key to loosen ur top pull. I did not cut my shifter cable yet, however it didn't hit rear triangle cuz its position is sideway now. After I secure my shifter cable, then I rotate it back to the correct position. And now the cable hits the rear triangle, cuz its posotion now is directly behind the rear triangle. then I pull the derailleur down so that I have about 1.5mm clearance from biggest chainring. After I get all adjusted correctly and it shifts correctly, then I cut the shifter cable to proper length.
    I just went through roughly the same process with an X-9, the cable angle looks a little funky, but it works fine.

señor del acero
    Sep 2005
    My Tracer VP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-tracervp.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice ride juan, it looks a little like my raw VP. Why the crazy stack up front? guessing you're not too short of a guy by the stem and seatpost. Good job.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I have my tracer vp with a CNC crack for months and this is what he said Intense:

Good morning, Xabi.

This has to go to your Intense dealer and we will get a replacement as soon as we can.

Please get this to your dealer soon, so it can begin.

Johnny

OK! I contacted with my dealer and told me it costs 820 rear triangle... Wow...

I decided to get in touch with Intense back for the money (from my point of view) so exorbitant ...

Good morning.

After your answer I came to put to me in contact with the distributor of your brand in Spain (motordealer). They have said to me that there is no problem in bringing in rear triangle and that costs 820 (1.166$).

I dont know if the price of the rear triangle in "Motordealer" is the same price in the distributors in other countries. I understand that the piece is a unique piece (hand made), the material is expensive, manpower is expensive, but it seems to me abusive that the client must pay by a rear triangle that is had broken by error of design of the brand just like by another broken by evil use (my case isnt a case isolated like as it is possible even to be seen in other clients with the same problem in Tracer vp and in other models of the brand with CNC defective).

The frame cost 2100 to me (2.987$) and now to have to pay 820 (1.166$) by a design error (isnt problem of the client) gives the unique option to me of not buying the rear triangle by the high price.

There isn't way to reduce the price of the triangle? I can buy the triangle directly to Intense?

I can send photos of the "CNC crack" and of the serial number of my Tracer vp.

I need answer because Im confused with that problem.

Thanks.

And I'm still awaiting response from July 14 ...

I must say that in a couple of things very kindly replied Intense and fast, but when it comes to ask for some accountability to the wrong things done do not ignore ...

And now my Intense Tracer VP broken by a design or manufacturing error in my house as a paperweight ... Sad but true ...

I did not want to resort to this but maybe someone so mind me.

Thanks.
    xabi is online now Add to xabi's Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Finished my Tracer build

It took a couple of months of selling everything I could spare to finish my Tracer. I can't wait to hit the trails this weekend!

Frame: Intense Tracer VP stealth black medium
    Fork: Fox 36 Talas RLC
    Shock: Fox RP23
    Headset: Chris King
    Stem: Azonic launch
    Handlebars: Race Face Diabolous
    Brakes: Hope Mono
    Shifters: SRAM X9
    Derailleurs: SRAM X9 front, XO rear
    Crank: Race Face Atlas
    Cassette: SRAM
    Pedals: Time ATAC Z
    Seatpost: Race Face Deus
    Saddle: Selle Italia
    Wheels: Industry 9 Enduro
    Tires: Kenda Nevegal

Weight: 30.2 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-img_2304.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-img_2305.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-img_2309.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-img_2308.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-img_2310.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-img_2306.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-img_2307.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-img_2311.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice clean ride Enduro. Yours is very similar to my setup, I just switched to that same Talas 36 fork and I think it's the perfect AM setup that climbs just as nice as it descends - I think you'll be very stoked once you get it dirty. Good job.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    Nice clean ride Enduro. Yours is very similar to my setup, I just switched to that same Talas 36 fork and I think it's the perfect AM setup that climbs just as nice as it descends - I think you'll be very stoked once you get it dirty. Good job.
    Thanks trojans, I went back and forth on the fork choice. Tha TALAS was a little more than I had planned to spend, but it really is a great match for the frame and hopefully will perform as well as advertised once I get it dialed in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Looks nice. You might want to put some wrap on the front portion of your chainstay, that's gonna get chewed up pretty quick (in my experience at least).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnorthro View Post
    Looks nice. You might want to put some wrap on the front portion of your chainstay, that's gonna get chewed up pretty quick (in my experience at least).
    Thanks, I'll take care of that. Any problems with chain contact on the seat stay portion of the triangle?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have one tiny area it's rubbed. Maybe a little black electrical tape around it (I used white w/a white frame) if you're kinda anal like me, ha.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnorthro View Post
    I have one tiny area it's rubbed. Maybe a little black electrical tape around it (I used white w/a white frame) if you're kinda anal like me, ha.
    Guilty. I'll throw some e tape in the camelbak this weekend and take a look after I have put a few miles on it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Have fun! Just got my rear triangle back from Intense (replaced under warranty) and I can't wait to ride this weekend as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    very nice!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks, just got back from my first real ride on it today. It handled great, I could really tell the difference in pedaling efficiency over my old uzzi sl. I still have some tuning to do on the suspension though, I can't seem to get the sag quite right, especially in the front.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Frame: Intense Tracer VP '09, medium, racing red with Fox RP23
    Fork: Fox Talas RLC with Kashima coating, 140mm,
    Headset: VP components VP-A97AS
    Headset Spacer: Hope Spacer Doctor gold
    Stem: Hope FR Stem 70mm 0 Deg Red 31.8mm
    Handlebar: Easton EA70 mid-rise
    Grip: ODI Rogue Lock on grips
    Brake: Magura Louise Bat carbon
    Shifter: Sram X0
    FD: Shimano XT
    Crankset: Shimano XTR
    Cassette: Shimano XT
    RD: Sram X0 mid cage
    Chain: KMC X9SL gold
    Cable: VP components VP-001
    Housing: Jagwire L3 gold
    Seatpost: Easton EA70 31.6mm
    Seat clamp: Hope QR seat clamp 34.9mm
    Saddle: Fizik aliante XM
    Wheel: Novatec Diablo
    Tyre: Continental speed king 2.1
    Tube: B'twin

Weight: 12.98KG (28.62 pound)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer VP Photo Album-mobile01-ca1da6edc1c63fe96d2e1c9497975986.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-mobile01-3072dce98ccc6b9b03e185dfd3c1d257.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-mobile01-fe5536c81730d3af6388779522d47a9c.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-mobile01-11eafe017cc4e0394c44922bc84ddae3.jpg  

Tracer VP Photo Album-mobile01-f327e63f4c328d6ee1872bc536a96f80.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looking sharp Stranger.
    Time to get it dirty

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast