Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Tracer VP - no grease gun included??

Hey,

I bought my Tracer VP from Richards Bikes in Chicago. When I got the frame, I opened the box and there was no grease gun in it. I called and told them about it, and they said that they're not included. Now I'm reading that they are?? Is this correct?

I'll be pissed if they don't honor this and send me a grease gun, but what can I do? Is a tube of grease also included? What kind? Thanks for your help.

mtbr member
    Haven't used mine yet but yes a grease gun & grease is included with frames. It should be in a vanilla envelope within the box

mtbr member
    Call RBIKES.COM again ask for Mike the owner. When I bought my Tracer Vpp from them. They forgot to put the grease gun in the box with the bike. I called them about it.They said sorry, Then mailed it out to me.Yes, a tube of grease does come with the gun. Note Intense sent RBIKES.COM my frame with no grease gun in the box. But it got fixed-mailed to me. Thats all that matters.
    Last edited by JohnnyG 1970; 12-30-2008 at 12:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Ditto, mine came with gun and grease. If they insist it's not included maybe you can call Intense and see if they can "remind" Rbikes that it is.

mtbr member

Included...

Call them and tell them it is included. If it wasn't, it was an inadvertent mistake on Intenses part and they will rectify it. Each one of ours have come with a grease gun, but some shops like RBikes.com, as Johnny said, need "reminding"...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Just talked to a guy at Richards Bikes (Mike wasn't there, of course), and he claimed that none of the Tracer VP's have been coming with grease guns or grease in the box from Intense. This contradicts everything I've been told from everybody on this forum. To top things off, this is the shop that sent me the wrong color frame (I ordered a Works Red and received a Works raw instead). I kept the Works frame because it would have been months to get the correct color frame.

I'm starting to get really pi$$ed about this. I'm going to give them to opportunity to make it right before I start bad mouthing them, but I feel like I'm getting screwed pretty good here.

ride
    They're pretty nice grease guns but no reason to stockpile them. I've had a gun and grease with all of the Tracer VPs I've had in.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    If you really want a works red and take a medium Fat Tire Cycles in Albuquerque, NM has one in stock. They had 2 until I saw them,,,,

Plus they will include a grease gun.

Oh yea, they have a large works red also, it's built up as a demo right now but I'm sure they'd sell the frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank-87
    Just talked to a guy at Richards Bikes (Mike wasn't there, of course), and he claimed that none of the Tracer VP's have been coming with grease guns or grease in the box from Intense. This contradicts everything I've been told from everybody on this forum. To top things off, this is the shop that sent me the wrong color frame (I ordered a Works Red and received a Works raw instead). I kept the Works frame because it would have been months to get the correct color frame.

I'm starting to get really pi$$ed about this. I'm going to give them to opportunity to make it right before I start bad mouthing them, but I feel like I'm getting screwed pretty good here.
    I just got off the phone with Adam from RBikes.com-Richard's Bikes.Here is the whole story.Intense did ship some frames to RBIKES.COM without the grease guns- note mine was one of them. And yes they RBIKES.COM did send it to me via the mail. You are going to get a grease gun. Intense is going to ship the guns to RBIKES.COM. Then they will ship it to you. No one ever told you that your not getting a grease gun. So stop with the bullsh*t. You guys kill me!!! Well some of you. Anyone can talk **** on a computer-because you don't have to back it up or stand behind it.Like as if the person was right there in front of you. A real stand up guy does not hide behind a computer with some nic name. 9.9 out of 10 most of you wouldn't say **** to that person if they were in front of you. The bike comes grease from the factory-its not going to wreck the bike while you wait for your grease gun. You're getting your grease gun it will be mail to you. Nobody said otherwise.I am sure RBIKES.COM has better things to do with there time to stockpile grease guns and upset people it makes no sense.If your frame you got is the wrong color. I sure you could send it back and get the color you want I am sure it won't take months.You sound like one of those people who no matter what will never be happy.When a business doesn't want you to buy stuff from them anymore thats pretty bad.I know. I've dealt with some of the same kind of people with my E/bay business.I tell them the same thing. Please go torture someone else.It would be nice if you posted the facts of what really happen and what was said. Again for those of you who have to jump on the band wagon. RBIKES.COM IS GOING TO SHIP THE GREASE GUN TO YOU. WHEN THEY GET IT FROM INTENSE-NOBODY SAID TO YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING A GREASE GUN OR THAT THEY DON'T COME WITH THE FRAMES.
    Last edited by JohnnyG 1970; 12-30-2008 at 12:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Hey, I heard you are supposed to get a grease gun with your frame, and I read on the internet that some bike shop in Chicago is stealing the grease guns and reselling them on Ebay?

I don't even own a bike, but I figure I would add my two cents, since this is just an intraweb forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro
    Hey, I heard you are supposed to get a grease gun with your frame, and I read on the internet that some bike shop in Chicago is stealing the grease guns and reselling them on Ebay?

I don't even own a bike, but I figure I would add my two cents, since this is just an intraweb forum.
    Did the also steal the "red" from "works red" and are selling it?

I am off to Ebay now to see if I can find the "red"!

@ JohnnyG: so why should the OP trust you? Because the info you provided is just "sh**talk on the web" in contrast to the info he got from the person at the dealer he called. So if the answer from the dealer is "grease gun not included" this is what I would go with. And never buy from them again.......

mtbr member
    i guess johnnyg is your full name and you aren't hiding behind your keyboard when you talk sh!!t on the web. i'm glad you're now a rep for rbikes and have cleared up all this bs from the op here. thanks johnnyg, you are truly the only stand up guy on the web.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    i guess johnnyg is your full name and you aren't hiding behind your keyboard when you talk sh!!t on the web. i'm glad you're now a rep for rbikes and have cleared up all this bs from the op here. thanks johnnyg, you are truly the only stand up guy on the web.
    Yes it is my real name. No, I do not talk **** on the forum. Yes I do not hide behind a keyboard. My point is- You don't have to back it up. AKA not a very stand up thing to do.- Just my opinion. I bought my bike from RBIKES.COM. Was treated very well. So I feel the truth needed to be out there. Note He was never told he was not getting a grease gun or the frames from Intense do not come with them-grease gun. Example- The Intense Tracer Vpp flush bolt thing. When guys who already had there new Tracer Vpp had the chain rubbing issues going on.I called Rbikes.com spoke to Adam told him about this. He them called Intense they-Intense told him they would be sending out new flush bolts to the dealers. I then posted this. My ride review of my Tracer Vpp. I had said stuff about the stock rear shock rp-23 being so plush. Note after that a lot of people came out said the same thing. So you are so so so right!!! All my post, I just talk sh*t. Yes there are stand up guys on this board but there are pretty of TOOLS who hide behind there keyboard out there.
    Last edited by JohnnyG 1970; 12-30-2008 at 03:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Wow
    Last edited by ScottW; 12-30-2008 at 03:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG 1970
    Yes it is my real name. No, I do not talk **** on the forum. Yes I do not hide behind a keyboard. My point is- You don't have to back it up. AKA not a very stand up thing to do.- Just my opinion. I bought my bike from RBIKES.COM. Was treated very well. So I feel the truth needed to be out there. Note He was never told he was not getting a grease gun or the frames from Intense do not come with them-grease gun. Example- The Intense Tracer Vpp flush bolt thing. When guys who already had there new Tracer Vpp had the chain rubbing issues going on.I called Rbikes.com spoke to Adam told him about this. He them called Intense they-Intense told him they would be sending out new flush bolts to the dealers. I then posted this. My ride review of my Tracer Vpp. I had said stuff about the stock rear shock rp-23 being so plush. Note after that a lot of people came out said the same thing. So you are so so so right!!! All my post, I just talk sh*t. Yes there are stand up guys on this board but there are pretty of TOOLS who hide behind there keyboard out there.
    let me get this straight, johnyg is your full name? you don't hide behind your keyboard? really? isn't that what everyone on here is doing? forums are for voicing your opinion the emhasis on your. how do you back up what you say? by saying it again? who are you? johnnyg, who the hell is that other than your keyboard i.d. why attack the op for having a different opinion than yours. i had no idea that you speak for all of rbikes customers. i'm glad you called them and got the straight goods on waht was said to the op. i know the guy you talked to is a straight shooter and would never lie about what really happened. thanks for clearing this all up for us and for showing the users of this forum what a stand up guy you are.
    johnnyG1970, are you related to that other one word name guy mclovin?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    let me get this straight, johnyg is your full name? you don't hide behind your keyboard? really? isn't that what everyone on here is doing? forums are for voicing your opinion the emhasis on your. how do you back up what you say? by saying it again? who are you? johnnyg, who the hell is that other than your keyboard i.d. why attack the op for having a different opinion than yours. i had no idea that you speak for all of rbikes customers. i'm glad you called them and got the straight goods on waht was said to the op. i know the guy you talked to is a straight shooter and would never lie about what really happened. thanks for clearing this all up for us and for showing the users of this forum what a stand up guy you are.
    johnnyG1970, are you related to that other one word name guy mclovin?
    YOUR WELCOME LOL...

mtbr member

confused...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG 1970
    Note He was never told he was not getting a grease gun or the frames from Intense do not come with them-grease gun.
    How tha F#@#@$ do you know what he was told? Unless you are at the shop, talking to him yourself, now THAT would make a lot of sense. Otherwise, stop yapping about what you "know" he was told.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Not commenting on this particular store or circumstance, since none of us can really verify anything. But in general, a shop or store should not sell or send the frame without all the parts and accessories that it is supposed to come with, unless it was agreed upon in advance. If the shop didn't get grease guns with the frame, they should let the buyer know and get it to the person when it becomes available or take it from another bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    How tha F#@#@$ do you know what he was told? Unless you are at the shop, talking to him yourself, now THAT would make a lot of sense. Otherwise, stop yapping about what you "know" he was told.
    Maybe he should change his S/N to blasterjohnnyg12001970.......
    RTW.

mtbr member

Not commenting upon the shop either...

I'm not commenting upon RBikes.com either, simply to point out that I think Johnny forgets sometimes what he says, and what he "knows" and what he thinks he knows. In his first post, RBikes "forgot" to put his grease gun in the box when they sent him his, and now the story changes to it was part of a whole bunch of frames that Intense screwed up and didn't include the grease guns. The OP simply asked if he should get a grease gun, and if most people get theirs, and everyone has said the same thing, yes. I don't know what he was told by RBikes.com, except for what he said he was told. Neither does Johnny, but at the same time, it makes no sense to stockpile the grease guns and grease.

Crank-87, according to him, gave them a couple of opportunities to simply say, "its on its way, our apologies". But instead, he gets bashed by the shops apparent water-boy for asking a legitimate question.

RTW, this is your fault man, why didn't you weld grease guns to the rear triangle on all those frames going to Chicago?

mtbr member

Free grease gun?????

All I got was a free fork ........... bummer
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    OP here..

Wow, did this get out of hand. Thanks JohnnyG for all your intelligent, well thought-out comments and constructive feedback. Everybody on this forum really appreciates your efforts.

First of all, like I said in my second post, I was told back in OCTOBER that the frames weren't coming with grease guns, and that I would not be getting one. I took his word for it and never pushed the issue, even after receiving the wrong color frame. Period.

Yesterday, after reading some posts (from shady "tools" hiding behind their keyboard") about grease guns coming with frames, I decided to post on this forum asking if we were supposed to get them. After being told yes from a whole bunch of "non stand-up guys", I decided to call Richards Bikes. He THEN told me that he would be sending me a grease gun. HENCE THE REASON I SAID I WOULD GIVE THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE IT RIGHT BEFORE I STARTED BASHING THEM.

Give me a break, JohnnyG. Don't you have anything better to do than hide behind your keyboard and check on us "tools" that post our concerns on this board? It flat-out floors me that you would take the time to call Richards Bikes and check up on me and my issues. My friggin' wife doesn't even do that.

To everyone else here, thanks for helping me out with my grease gun concerns. I'm glad there are so many "tools" out there than aren't "stand up guys" to help each other out. And to clear it up, I have NOT bashed Richards Bikes, and I will not do so if I recieve my grease gun - even after getting the wrong frame. Saying I am pissed or not happy is a whole lot different than bashing their shop.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Spoke to Adam today from Richard's bike. When I was talking to him I told him about the guy with the grease gun problem on MTB board. Then I was told by Adam. That he-the guy was told that it will be shipped to him. I guess this was not enough for the guy. I would say things are pretty bad when a shop does not want you back as a customer.Hey esquire you condescending fu**. I was told by RBIKES Today when I was on the phone with Adam that my bike did not come with a grease gun so that is why I change my post. So I did not forget what I said in my first post. Stop the ass kissing with Intense. Never said it was any one's fault or bad mouth Intense.Trust me I can more than remember what I said in my posts. Like I said when I did not get my grease gun. I thought they RBIKES.com Forgot it. But according to Adam today he told me that was not the case.
    Last edited by JohnnyG 1970; 12-31-2008 at 04:35 AM.

mtbr member
    I had to call RBIKES.COM for something else. I thought, I would bring up your grease gun thing to Adam. So maybe it would help you out- get your gun. That is why I called. Sorry to burst your bubble. I didn't just call about the grease gun thing.
    Last edited by JohnnyG 1970; 01-02-2009 at 11:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank-87
    And to clear it up, I have NOT bashed Richards Bikes, and I will not do so if I recieve my grease gun - even after getting the wrong frame. Saying I am pissed or not happy is a whole lot different than bashing their shop.
    I think you would have every right to "bash" them. Sending out a wrong frame is . This should never happen to a reputable shop. But luckily you don't have to bash them. Johnny's posts mentioning them is enough bad rep!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast