mtbr member

Tracer vp with HammerSchmidt

I have to say that the HammerSchmidt caught us a little off guard and had already finalized the Tracer and started production when I was fully introduced to it at Eurobike.
    So here we are and I had to make up a proto with machined in ISCG 05 mount to try it out. The fact that we have gotten lots of requests for compatability also has us looking at it. There were also performance concerns not only with the HS but how well it would work with different suspension systems as it relies on a 22 or 24 tooth ring only.I personally wasn't concered with this as the new Generation VPP on the Tracer has much better small middle ring performance and relies less on anti-squat to isolate the low frequency input ( pedal bob). First rding impressions " Me Likey" will give better report after more time and some others take it for a good trashing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bi-winning
    the thing is so small. it looks like you could bash the FRAME when going over an obstacle.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    how much of a weight difference is it between the HS and running a standard crank/derailluer setup? i would also wonder about rock strikes on the lower link as well..

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by tkblazer
    how much of a weight difference is it between the HS and running a standard crank/derailluer setup?
    http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/truvati...-pro-review/5/
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Why didnt you route the cable up the top of the downtube with the other cables?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Is it just me or does the right hand (Hammeschmidt) side crank now sit our way further from the frame than a normal crank?

Old school BMXer
    Mr Intense, thank you for answering a very popular question.

It's also interesting to note that you're using a flush lower pivot pin (no circlip). Was this needed for the HS, or was it a general "want" to stop the chain from contacting the pin?

At what point will the Tracer have ISCG tabs?

Although it's probably been answered a million times in other threads (and I'm too lazy to look), and I'm sure current Tracer owners may want to know, but can you use the bottom bracket mount ISCG adapters with the HS?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200
    Mr Intense, thank you for answering a very popular question.

It's also interesting to note that you're using a flush lower pivot pin (no circlip). Was this needed for the HS, or was it a general "want" to stop the chain from contacting the pin?

At what point will the Tracer have ISCG tabs?

Although it's probably been answered a million times in other threads (and I'm too lazy to look), and I'm sure current Tracer owners may want to know, but can you use the bottom bracket mount ISCG adapters with the HS?
    We are considering adding it to Tracer & it will be on the new Uzzi of coarse.
    The Behind the bb mounts will not work with HS as there is too much force through the mounting back plate of the HS.We would use the machined in ISCG tabs as the HS requires the tabs be perfectly true to the face of the BB and there is too much warpage with welded on tabs.
    We made a running change to the flush bolt on all tracers.

mtbr member
    After reading this thread, I had to voice my very thoughts.

Sorry if it's a common place for you all Intense owners and riders, but for me, it's just amazingly wonderful to have such a close relationship with the company that makes you bike. That's becoming very rare.

So, Mr. Intense, thank you so much for showing me how good is to have the company's main guy closer to the costumers, and how much I appreciate for you to be such an open person to suggentions and for all the respect you have to all the inputs coming from your costumers and riders. This is honorable and that makes all the difference, be sure of that.

In fact, that makes such a difference. that it's the reason alone I'll be buying my first Intense, and heck, it will be the Tracer. I was amazed by the new Tracer, but wasn't 100% sure of which bike go for, the BLT2 or the Tracer, but now I'm pretty damn sure.

mtbr member
    Good move Mr. Intense. I think that making the hammerschmidt available as an option on the Tracer by adding iscg 05 tabs will be a great addition.

You mentioned how having the 22 or 24t ring be the primary gear may have been a concern with the v.1 VPP but not on the v.2. I aggree. I could not detect any chain induced pedal feedback on the Tracer I rode.... and even preferred to keep it in the small ring for climbing (that certainly is not the case with my 6.6). I think this is important for the success of the HS on the Tracer as you do feel a bit of drag when in the multiplier cog (34/36).

I applaud your being sensitive and responsive to customer's input and evolving component technology.

Goes to 11

Thanks, looks great !

but still the question remains regarding how well it would work with the classic VPP designs. I would specifically like to hear the expert's opinion on having the 24T Hammerschnitzel on the Slopestyle.

Thanks !
    Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads..

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewOriginal
    but still the question remains regarding how well it would work with the classic VPP designs. I would specifically like to hear the expert's opinion on having the 24T Hammerschnitzel on the Slopestyle.

Thanks !
    As a SlopeStyle owner, I can tell you that you never want to apply power from a 22 or 24. The suspension feedback is not good. Sitting and climbing in granny is not a problem, but applying torque really makes the suspension move.

However, I did the same test as above on a Tracer, and I was very impressed of the lack of feedback.

HS on SS = not good
    HS on Tracer = good

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .downhillfaster.
    Sorry to take this OT, but what Intense tires are those? They look nice. That's a brand I have never tried because I have heard they don't react well to Stans. Is that true?
    they look like the system 4, not a bad tire but does not shed mud at all... i found out last weekend on a downhill trail

mtbr member
    Intense Tire System 4.

Quote Originally Posted by .downhillfaster.
    Sorry to take this OT, but what Intense tires are those? They look nice. That's a brand I have never tried because I have heard they don't react well to Stans. Is that true?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    We are considering adding it to Tracer & it will be on the new Uzzi of coarse.
    The Behind the bb mounts will not work with HS as there is too much force through the mounting back plate of the HS.We would use the machined in ISCG tabs as the HS requires the tabs be perfectly true to the face of the BB and there is too much warpage with welded on tabs.

So in short, will the ISCG05 be added to Tracer as Production for sure, or it is still in Proto phase? If it is going to be in the production, when will it be available to the public?

Thanks,

Too old to jump

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Frame on order, must stop immediately

OMG, I will stop an order for my frame right now if this is truly a production possiblity. I have a frame that is due Dec. 1st with a CCDB that I'm planning to put an SLX double mech on the front. It broke my heart that the Tracer didn't have ISCG and therefore no Hammerschmidt when I was ordering the frame.

[SIZE="6"]Mr. Intense, when can this possibly be available because I need to change plans immediately if so![/SIZE]

I know that you have a lot of proto to do but I will wait to be part of the drive train revolution!

Thanks

'sorry, screwed up the reply location in the thread'

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    o0o0! Competitivecyclist just got my frame in on Monday... when did this running change take place? If mine shipped out before, can I just order the flush bolt now and install it myself when the bike arrives next week?

mtbr member
    Great to see this kind of thing shown to us consumers. It sure makes me want to go out and brag to my riding buddies that Intense is on the ball with listening to thier consumers wants and needs.

I'm glad I got my M6 last june and I sire will be replacing the rest of my rides with new Intense frames

Too old to jump
    Just got off the phone with my LBS talking with Intense. Looks like at least 6 months to a year for testing and proto before we'll see Tracers with ISCG tabs if at all.

Sorry for the panic attack a few posts ago. I'm glad I like the looks of that SLX double setup!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How's that project coming along?