mtbr member

Tracer T275C owners....

....how do you like your bike after riding it for a while?? I started this thread in the All-Mountain area but realized I should have posted here. Anyway, I ask because I just rode one at a demo and was completely blown away. This bike just killed it!

I've been off the saddle for over 4 years and a lot has changed since then. I like my '09 Santa Cruz (single-pivot) Heckler but man the Tracer just felt waaay better in every way. Climbing, descending, technical stuff, you name it. I literally had a huge grin on my face the entire ride! Now, I realize a lot of new bikes will feel better than my old Heckler and I do plan on test riding some more. The Nomad and Pivot Mach 6 look good to me geometry and spec-wise. Something about that Tracer though...it really rocked my world!

So I've been reading every review I can find on it but nothing I saw had any "long-term" reviews for it. Just wondering if you guys have had any issues at all? Do you feel like it was money well spent? Some reviews said it is a "high maintenance" bike but not exactly sure what that means. If you could go back, would you buy Tracer 275C again or would you consider something else? Please be honest. Dropping high dollars on a bike may land me in a divorce, lol (just kidding....kinda). Thanks in advance guys. Oh, and the build I rode and am considering is the "expert" I believe (Shimano XT and Fox suspension).

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I don't know nutthin! But I'm trying to save a bit more for the Pro model. Gotta have that SRAM X01 11-speed with Pike and Monarch.

Looking forward to answers to your questions.

While you're waiting, check this out:

New Intense T275 Carbon

Intense Tracer 275C Pro Bike 2015 > I > Intense Cycles | Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Pricepoint has them on sale right now. I just picked up a PRO for $5199. I changed a few parts. No rides on it yet. It was below zero this morning but Ill be heading out soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    Pricepoint has them on sale right now. I just picked up a PRO for $5199. I changed a few parts. No rides on it yet. It was below zero this morning but Ill be heading out soon.
    Way to go!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Good question and I imagine that most T275C owners don't have much time to write reviews about their bikes due to them being out riding with giant grins on their faces. This bike is a keeper. I have ridden bikes before that I think just cant be any better and then Intense comes up with a new more refined frame but the T275C is that good and I'm not sure that it could be any better. You might think that they maybe could shed some weight but this frame is already crazy light. As far as performance goes, I'm not sure that there is a bike out there that can beat it. Maybe the new Yeti is on par.
    As far as maintenance, I ride in pretty dry conditions but did a weekend in Seattle area where I did three rides in some very wet conditions. The next weekend I was riding in dry north Idaho and had a bearing in the lower link seize and come apart on me. I called Sam at Intense and he sent me a entire lower link and I had it in three days. Other than that, I have had no issues with the frame. My XX1 drivetrain is another story but I wont get into that here. I do check my pivot bolts often to make sure they don't back out and I have pushed some grease through the lower link bearings a couple times over the summer but other than that, I have had really good luck with the T275C. I also will say that I ride at least 4 times a week both road and mountain but I have found such a love for this bike that my road bike has only 4 rides on it over this last summer. If you have the funds for this frame, then I promise you wont be disappointed. By the way, I have had the T275C since April and it has about 1000 miles on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer T275C owners....-photo%5B6%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Ridnw/bear, thank you for the input!! How hard was it to replace that bearing? Glad to hear Intense hooked you up with a new lower link. Hopefully they'll still be that helpful after the warranty runs out? I ride in pretty dry conditions too (Northern California) but am known to blast through an occasional mud puddle just for fun, ha. Well I figured there would be more things to keep an eye on with the Tracer than my simple Heckler. The only other thing that has me slightly nervous is....carbon. I admit I'm far from being a great rider or maybe I just ride a little beyond my skill level and so my bike and I enjoy time apart from each other fairly often on the trail (read: I eat sh*t alot) so I'm hoping they have all this carbon fiber stuff figured out to where it can withstand the same amount of abuse as aluminum. By the way, I love that photo!

kntr...thanks for the tip on Pricepoint. I think that's the lowest I've seen them go for!

mtbr member
    I was missing a few parts in my box from Pricepoint. They told me Intense puts the bikes together and that Intense forgot the parts. It was no big deal really. The top cap to the stem was missing and so were a few stem spacers. Pricepoint was going to send the parts to me... that was a week ago and nothing.

mtbr member
    VERY nice. I've never been a red guy but that bike looks hot!

So, the bikes from Pricepoint don't come assembled I take it? Are the wheels/tires set up tubeless? And just curious, what parts did you swap out and why? Thanks bud....let me know how your first ride on it goes!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    VERY nice. I've never been a red guy but that bike looks hot!

So, the bikes from Pricepoint don't come assembled I take it? Are the wheels/tires set up tubeless? And just curious, what parts did you swap out and why? Thanks bud....let me know how your first ride on it goes!
    The bikes are built up by Intense to begin with. You just have to put it together. It doesn't take very long. The tires had WELTERWEIGHT tubes in them. I changed them over to tubeless. I went with carbon SixC bars because it comes with aluminum Renthal Lites. I also changed the seat to ti railed Rocket V. The SixC bars are a little lighter and I like carbon bars. The tubeless set up lost almost 1/2 lb. I use the Rocket V on all my bikes plus the ti rails lost a little too.

mtbr member
    So I pulled the trigger today on a T275C!!! Super stoked! Got a great deal through Pricepoint....thanks again kntr! I just hope all the parts are in there! Got any decent saddle time on yours yet?

I can't wait for mine to get here. Pricepoint is in California (same as me) so it would be awesome if I got it by Thanksgiving. Went with the large black expert build. I know you guys here recommended I go with the Pro build but I was already stretching my budget as it is. Plus, the demo bike I rode (and fell in love with) had the expert build so I'm perfectly okay with it. Can't wait!!! Thanks again fellas!

mtbr member
    I'm loving mine, but I only have one ride on mine. Post pics once you get it built up.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I love mine as well. Had it for about four months. I did have some Pike issues early on, but BikeCo has straightened those out. It climbs better than expected and is a blast on the downhills.
    If I had it to do over again today I would also look at the new Ibis HDR3. Specs are very similar. The only real difference in how it feels is the VPP vs the DW link.

mtbr member
    FINALLY!! Received my Tracer this week and just got it completely assembled today. SO stoked!! Can't wait to go rip up and down some trails on this thing. It's been about a month since I've ridden, the last time actually being at the demo where I test rode (and fell in love with) the T275C. And now I got one of my own. How awesome is that??

So yeah I got the expert build and changed out the bars (went with Deity DC31 Mohawk Carbon bars), shorter stem (Spank Spike Race Stem 50mm), saddle (bought a Chromag Trailmaster) and new Canfield Crampon Ultimate pedals. Lovin' life right now!

Last edited by JayTee; 1 Week Ago at 09:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    ^Nice looking rig. My T275C Factory was supposed to be delivered today from Pricepoint. Woke up all excited to find out it was delayed until next Tuesday. Oh well, too wet to ride in NC right now anyway.

mtbr member
    Great build! I threw a chromag saddle, crampons, shorter stem, and wider bars on my T275C as well. Two weeks on it now, my god the thing rips... enjoy!!

mtbr member
    Killer bike Jaytee. Heath and Dirtysurfer be sure to post pics of your 275

mtbr member
    JAYTEE,
    What did it weigh when you were done?

mtbr member
    I'm curious the weight of the carbon builds. I just didn't want a press in BB so I went with alloy. Plus, I'm a metal guy for a living. My Tracer is 28.5 without pedals. 29.75 with pedals. Gotta find some lighter flats.

mtbr member

Tracer T275C owners....

Quote Originally Posted by M1_joel View Post
    I'm curious the weight of the carbon builds. I just didn't want a press in BB so I went with alloy. Plus, I'm a metal guy for a living. My Tracer is 28.5 without pedals. 29.75 with pedals. Gotta find some lighter flats.

No dropper on your bike saves a pound too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtysurfer View Post
    Great build! I threw a chromag saddle, crampons, shorter stem, and wider bars on my T275C as well. Two weeks on it now, my god the thing rips... enjoy!!
    Great minds....

Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    JAYTEE,
    What did it weigh when you were done?
    30 pounds on the button and I'm perfectly happy with that!
    Last edited by JayTee; 1 Week Ago at 11:44 PM.