Thread: tracer jump

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

tracer...not just an XC machine

In case anyone has questions about if a Tracer can hold up to more than just XC conditions. Not huge, but enough for a nice 12/31/05 ride in NC in 65 degree weather.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joncmack; 01-02-2006 at 02:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joncmack
    In case anyone has questions about if a Tracer can hold up to more than just XC conditions. Not huge, but enough for a nice 12/31/05 ride in NC in 65 degree weather.
    How was the landing? That, my friend, is the big question. (I'm just joking around.)

Black Lion
    props son!

Greg
    Voltron

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Nice!

You have more b@lls than me!

At this rate I am rapidly running out of excuses-

I'm not slow I'm on a single speed...

I can't jump that I'm on a cross country bike...

I'm not fat, I'm festively plump...
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    sweet pic, nice to know the tracer can handle a few jumps

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    thanks guys. if you want to check out the rest of our pics from this past saturday (12/31/05), go here: http://www.zerohorsepower.com/gallery/gallery.html

The landing for that jump went down a hill actually and you ended up travelling farther and higher than it looks. Some of the guys were going pretty huge. Check it out.

Check out our site as well: www.bikepasa.com In case anyone is coming to NC or wants to, maybe it'll give you a good view of how we ride down here.

I already rode that
    Depends I guess if your a finess type of rider or someone that likes to throw their bike around when riding it.

Maybe itll never break for you but someone else riding one might break theirs sooner. I know this one frame me and my friend had were both the same and both cracked in the same place then when we got our frames back we went riding and came to this one spot that was just a lil bump that had a lip that you couldve got a lil air off of. Anyways I jumped it like I always did and so did he but when he landed his frame broke by the seattube. These frames werent Intense's but still a well known and solid boutique brand. I still have my frame but he sold his after they replaced it. We both weigh about the same too and ride the same too.

My bikes hate me!
    Props Jonny "hatchback" (we give joncmack a hard time around here) for hitt'n that jump. Let me add he was clipped in, and the seat was at full XC height! To give you some reference of how big the hit is....The jump was a little over 2-1/2 feet high with about 8' of flat and the landing transition went about 30-40' down the hill. I hit it as hard as I cared to on my 7" bike and was almost flatlanding! The pictures give NO JUSTICE to how big that hit is.I know this is NOT a huge hit, but it's big nontheless! (to be hitt'n on an XC machine)

mtbr member
    When you break that frame I have a Haro Werks XCS for sale. Same frame as a Tracer but the Haro has a monocoque top tube. It'a a little stronger...
    Turn your head and cough.

Members who have read this thread: 0