mtbr member
    Sep 2010

New question here. Tracer 2 or Uzzi

Hi, im looking at a new bike and these two are my main considerations
    my main riding is trail stuff but i do some all mountain stuff as well. now im guessing both of these bike are better at the downs than the ups, and this is what im looking for.
    here is something that has crossed my mind. i see that the tracer 2 is just over 8lb and the uzzi is 9.4lb but that is with a coil shock. if i were to swap that for a dbair how much weight difference would it make. also does anyone know what travel forks a uzzi can take apart from 180mm.
    one of the things im looking at here is the geometry mainly head angle. my previous bikes are the spesh enduro 2008 and the ibis mojo. i much preferred the geometry of the enduro with its 67 degrees and it felt much more capable descending.
    the uzzi is much slacker than the tracer 2 and this appeals to me, but is it going to be to heavy. ideally i would like to keep the bike under 33lb with a reverb and pedals fitted
    I wasn't going to swap my forks at first (150 fox 32) but i think i would need to if i went for the uzzi. if i did what forks would be a good choice without making the bike to heavy.

hope this makes sense

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I had an Uzzi '12 and currently with my T2. I owned both, and kept my T2. If you can make the Uzzi lighter and you're a strong climber, go for it. I setup my Uzzi with a TALAS 180/140, it's still a pig to climb when I swapped my T2 parts on it. I did not try the Uzzi with 160mm fork, cos last summer I used it mainly on my shuttle runs. I guess I prefer the balance geometry of the T2, it can be your all day adventure bike, I even used it with a CCDB air, but the RP23 is still my preferred rear shock as it can have a mini-lock on the rear end. I have my T2 at 31lb with RP23 and Lyrik DPA, had my Uzzi at 35lb with a CCDB Ti and TALAS 180/140. I live here in SoCAL, at least you know what I'm talking about climbs here and some great descends.

I'll reconsider the Uzzi, if the carbon comes out. My aging body says is just too much to climb a heavy bike. Just compare the Uzzi that is almost 10lbs and the Santa Cruz V10c '13 which is 8lbs, that alone will make you think the industry is leaning now to carbon frames, irregardless of where it is made. My $0.02.

deez nuts

T2

I have a T2 with CCBD coil. 9Lb frame with shock. Not much less than the Uzzi. I have to wonder if the T2 is almost as burly as the Uzzi given it's weight.
    I wanted a heavy duty trail bike that could take some abuse yet still pedal relatively well. T2 fits that bill.

33lbs with CCDB Ti coil,160 Vanilla, full XTR, Reverb. 31lbs would have been nice and might be accomplished with a few changes... lighter tires, Float 160 etc.
    Coil front and rear is sweet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    if i went with the tracer 2 i would use the stock fox ctd shock that comes with it and probably just put my 150 forks on with a angleset.
    if i had the uzzi as there is no fox air shock option i would more than likely get the ccdbair. but then comes the forks issue as i dont think 150 forks would work on a uzzi so i would then after buys some new forks.
    for the majority of my riding i think 160 travel is more than enough but.... i like those angles on the uzzi and im a sucker for the looks of bigger bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have had an uzzi for 2 years, I have changed a lot of its configuration to make it more climb friendly and it still is pig to climb, So I would suggest you to get the T2, I think is more a do all bike, it goes down well but also you will climb much better. You could get the uzzi if you have another bike.

cvega