mtbr member
    May 2012

Tracer 2 mud collecting

Hi all,have any of you got any genius ways of stopping the mud & small stones etc collecting inside the bottom linkage please,any home made remedies?

thank you

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Same issue on my T275. I run Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 tires F & R. They are large volume and may be exaggerating the issue. I have not found a good solution. Tried making a fender and covering the lower linkage with an section of inner tube. Neither worked. Seems like the lower link could be redesigned to eliminate or significantly reduce the issue. Should not be hard to do with their in-house machine shop... Hint Hint. I pinged Intense about this and they never responded back.

widebody
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.l View Post
    Hi all,have any of you got any genius ways of stopping the mud & small stones etc collecting inside the bottom linkage please,any home made remedies?

thank you
    I use a old tube cut to fit the chainstay in front of the tire to the seat tube, attach with zip ties to cover the linkage. Been working awesome for about two years in the Pacific Northwest Seattle area. Occasionally I have to stretch the tube to fling off the gunk, or lightly hose it off to clean. Does not protect the bottom though.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by ssumo; 06-15-2013 at 10:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssumo View Post
    I use a old tube cut to fit the chainstay in front of the tire to the seat tube, attach with zip ties to cover the linkage. Been working awesome for about two years in the Pacific Northwest Seattle area. Occasionally I have to stretch the tube to fling off the gunk, or lightly hose it off to clean.
    Can you post a few pics of your solution?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks for adding pics. I am going to give it a try.

widebody
    Mar 2004
    At the back, the tube is folded over in front of the tire to give double thickness at the zip tie. At the front end I left the "U" shaped ends long so I could pull the tube snugly against the seat tube to get total contact and overlap them prior to the two zip ties holding the wrap in place. Good luck. john