Grips - ODI Ruffians
Pedals - Shimano DX
Weight - Don't know

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
iRider said:
That looks really good! :thumbsup:
Maybe it is the pic, but the BB looks rather high. Do you have an actual measurement?
Mostly due to the pic, but it's right at 14" in long travel mode and big tires. This bike is freaking fun.

#8 ·
I really like it, easiest guide to setup that I've ever used. Should've ran one on my M9. No crank mods needed, just remove the inner ring and use the 2.5 mm spacers provided with the guide.
pitch08 said:
Eric B
How do you like the straightline silent guide? I bought one and plan to put it on the tracer 2 as well. Did you need to modify the cranks at all?

#11 ·
jstuhlman said:
@ichabod-can you post a ride comparison vs. heckler (that's what I'm on now ant trying to decide between uzzi/tracer/sx trail). thanks!
The best way to describe it is like the heckler but with vpp, the heckler never had very good small bump performance and was just awful with a float shock but the tracer is super plush across the small bumps and even with the float feels bottomless on drops. I loved the riding feel of the heckler and wanted to get something as close to it as possible and it seems I have succeeded in doing so! Like I said it really is a super charged version :)

#12 ·
pitch08 said:
Eric B and Ichabod Crane
How long did it take to receive your frame? I just placed my order last night at Jensons. Yeah, I know, there is a long pre-order list. I should've pulled the trigger a long time ago. :madman: Oh, well.
Mine arrived around March the 10th and I pre-ordered in January it was one of the first frames in the UK. So really the actual wait time was just for Intense to build the frames which was only a few weeks.

#13 ·
Just finished building mine tonight:

Canecreek Anglset -1degree
Hope Moto V2 203/183
Sunline V1 bar
Sunline spacers
Sunline lock on grips
70mm Thomson X4 Stem
Full XT groupset
Superstar Ultra Mags
Fox 36 Talas RLC 160 Kashima
Crankbrothers Joplin 4
Crankbrothers split QR
Selle Italia SLR gel glow saddle
2010 mavic Crossmax SX wheelset
2010 2.4" UST Nobby Nic front tyre
Conti Mountain King 2.4 rear tyre
Weight: Aprox 31.5lbs

#17 ·
P-townDave said:
1 degree slacker or steeper on your angleset? (Can't tell if -1 is neg one or hyphen one)

How'd you end up deciding on 160 Talas instead of 180? (or maybe the thought never came up?)

P.S. Those pedals are hot!
It is 1 degree slacker, giving a HA of 66 degrees and and a BB height of about 14 1/8th in the long travel position.

Oh and the frame behind is a battered up Santa Cruz Heckler, we both upgraded to the Tracer 2 :thumbsup:

#20 ·
The Tracer2 had it's first outing this weekend in the Scottish Highlands. :D

Verdict: Descending is just amazingly quick and lively. I demo'd a Rocky Mountain Slayer Carbon back to back with the Tracer2 on a rocky/rooty/loose section. The Tracer2 was MUCH more fun. :D

. With the 66degree HA it is like a mini DH weapon! For the climbs I ran the fork down to 120mm which worked ok. I was running 2.4" tyres so I was never going to be that quick. :p

@zhengki The right leg controls of the 36 clears the frame with about 2mm spare. The left leg with a few mm more.

@P-townDave. 180mm forks apart from being too big for the bike are more than I need for the intended riding of the Bike.

#21 ·
pitch08 said:
Eric B and Ichabod Crane
How long did it take to receive your frame? I just placed my order last night at Jensons. Yeah, I know, there is a long pre-order list. I should've pulled the trigger a long time ago. :madman: Oh, well.
Pre-ordered mine back in December, received it March 19th. I do believe they're out there to be had.

#22 ·
Tracer 2 Medium White
2011 360 Talas 160
No*Gas Custom wheels (Hope, DB14, DT EX500's)
DT 10mm RWS rear
40 series - still waiting on 110
Troy Lee grips
SIXC bars - my fave ever
Ardent 2.4's fr/rr
Hope M4 front/X2 rear
Hope Ceramic bb
XTR M960 cranks w/ jones mod
LG-1+
KMC SL chain
980 cassette
blackspire 32 ring
silverado saddle w/ ti rails
thomson post and stem
hope clamp
x-9 rear mech
30.1 pounds

#24 ·
Mr Tiles said:
Tracer 2 Medium White
2011 360 Talas 160
No*Gas Custom wheels (Hope, DB14, DT EX500's)
DT 10mm RWS rear
40 series - still waiting on 110
Troy Lee grips
SIXC bars - my fave ever
Ardent 2.4's fr/rr
Hope M4 front/X2 rear
Hope Ceramic bb
XTR M960 cranks w/ jones mod
LG-1+
KMC SL chain
980 cassette
blackspire 32 ring
silverado saddle w/ ti rails
thomson post and stem
hope clamp
x-9 rear mech
30.1 pounds
Gorgeous! I'm torn between white and gunmetal for mine and now I'm leaning towards white. :D

What pedals are they?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.