Regards!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    My new build:

Frame - medium works with Fox RP23
    Headset - Hope Step Down
    Fork - Fox Van RC2 160mm
    Wheels - Mavic EN521 with Hope Evo 20mm/142x12mm and DT Swiss Comp
    Tires - Conti Rubber Queen 2.4 (soon Der Baron 2.3)
    Brakes - Formula The One Freeride with 180mm rotors
    Crank/chainguide - Shimano SLX with Race Face 34t chainring and Straitline Silent Guide
    Pedals - Shimano DX
    Rear derailleur/shifter - Shimano SLX/XT
    Cassette - Shimano XT 9 speed 11-34
    Handlebar - Race Face Atlas FR
    Stem - Thomson Elite X4
    Seat/seatpost - SDG I-Fly I-beam

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer 2 Builds-intense-tracer-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    gunmetal
    fox talas 150
    thompson 70/0 stem
    truvativ noir bars
    easton carbon seat post
    stans arch/hope pro II
    maxis ignitors
    xt front & rear der
    2X9 22/32 - 34 rear cassette

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    got my new tracer in the garage. arrived last friday. not got it dirty yet as i am still awaiting the front mech. i am quite excited though!
    anyways, this the spec;

gunmetal t2 large
    2012 fox 36 talas rlc in black
    black dt swiss ex500 rims on blue hope pro2
    maxxis high rollers 2.3
    thomson stem and post black
    race face atlas bar black
    formula rx 203/180 black
    sram x7 2x10 groupset
    shimano spds
    a no name public sector saddle in brown (public sector because its essential but suffered due to the budget!)
    a smattering of blue and red anodised bits

got x7 because i just dont see the point in spending anymore when it works as good as it does and also, like the saddle, there was a budget.
    overall weight minus the front mech on the shop bike scales was 31lbs. i suspect (know) that if i were to replace the high rollers with something lighter it would bring it down. they weigh a ton and are heavier then the high rollers on my last bike. budget strikes again....

built to be an all rounder with less emphasis on dh and more on a what goes down must go back up all day long but lets have fun whilst doing it basis.

took a day to come in once ordered and just got let down by sram. incidently if anyone is interested. colours avalible in the uk at the moment are gunmetel, white and raw as of a week and half ago. that was handy as i wanted gunmetel.

as someone has already said, thanks Southfork (Braunton, North Devon).

either way, there it is. when its up and running i will post a pic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I have my tracer vp with a CNC crack for months and this is what he said Intense:

Good morning, Xabi.

This has to go to your Intense dealer and we will get a replacement as soon as we can.

Please get this to your dealer soon, so it can begin.

Johnny

OK! I contacted with my dealer and told me it costs 820 rear triangle... Wow...

I decided to get in touch with Intense back for the money (from my point of view) so exorbitant ...

Good morning.

After your answer I came to put to me in contact with the distributor of your brand in Spain (motordealer). They have said to me that there is no problem in bringing in rear triangle and that costs 820 (1.166$).

I dont know if the price of the rear triangle in "Motordealer" is the same price in the distributors in other countries. I understand that the piece is a unique piece (hand made), the material is expensive, manpower is expensive, but it seems to me abusive that the client must pay by a rear triangle that is had broken by error of design of the brand just like by another broken by evil use (my case isnt a case isolated like as it is possible even to be seen in other clients with the same problem in Tracer vp and in other models of the brand with CNC defective).

The frame cost 2100 to me (2.987$) and now to have to pay 820 (1.166$) by a design error (isnt problem of the client) gives the unique option to me of not buying the rear triangle by the high price.

There isn't way to reduce the price of the triangle? I can buy the triangle directly to Intense?

I can send photos of the "CNC crack" and of the serial number of my Tracer vp.

I need answer because Im confused with that problem.

Thanks.

And I'm still awaiting response from July 14 ...

I must say that in a couple of things very kindly replied Intense and fast, but when it comes to ask for some accountability to the wrong things done do not ignore ...

And now my Intense Tracer VP broken by a design or manufacturing error in my house as a paperweight ... Sad but true ...

I did not want to resort to this but maybe someone so mind me.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xabi View Post
    I have my tracer vp with a CNC crack for months and this is what he said Intense:

Good morning, Xabi.

This has to go to your Intense dealer and we will get a replacement as soon as we can.

Please get this to your dealer soon, so it can begin.

Johnny

OK! I contacted with my dealer and told me it costs 820 rear triangle... Wow...

I decided to get in touch with Intense back for the money (from my point of view) so exorbitant ...

Good morning.

After your answer I came to put to me in contact with the distributor of your brand in Spain (motordealer). They have said to me that there is no problem in bringing in rear triangle and that costs 820 (1.166$).

I dont know if the price of the rear triangle in "Motordealer" is the same price in the distributors in other countries. I understand that the piece is a unique piece (hand made), the material is expensive, manpower is expensive, but it seems to me abusive that the client must pay by a rear triangle that is had broken by error of design of the brand just like by another broken by evil use (my case isnt a case isolated like as it is possible even to be seen in other clients with the same problem in Tracer vp and in other models of the brand with CNC defective).

The frame cost 2100 to me (2.987$) and now to have to pay 820 (1.166$) by a design error (isnt problem of the client) gives the unique option to me of not buying the rear triangle by the high price.

There isn't way to reduce the price of the triangle? I can buy the triangle directly to Intense?

I can send photos of the "CNC crack" and of the serial number of my Tracer vp.

I need answer because Im confused with that problem.

Thanks.

And I'm still awaiting response from July 14 ...

I must say that in a couple of things very kindly replied Intense and fast, but when it comes to ask for some accountability to the wrong things done do not ignore ...

And now my Intense Tracer VP broken by a design or manufacturing error in my house as a paperweight ... Sad but true ...

I did not want to resort to this but maybe someone so mind me.

Thanks.
    Hello Xabi, i was thinking of buying a new bike for my 40th birthday next year and my list shortened to Tracer VP, Uzzi and Nomad, for my type of riding probably the Nomad is the best, however i really wanted to try a Intense, i saw a raw Uzzi recently and really liked the frame.
    The problem is that iam not sure about the existence of an Intense dealer here in Venezuela, there is a Santa Cruz dealer, which sold me a BlurLTc (Great bike by the way). Please let me know if/when they solve your problem, in case i buy the Uzzi i would like to be sure that Intense backs its products....

Saludos y gracias de antemano

mtbr member
    buy from fanatikbike. they are the best.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudaripu View Post
    The problem is that iam not sure about the existence of an Intense dealer here in Venezuela... Please let me know if/when they solve your problem, in case i buy the Uzzi i would like to be sure that Intense backs its products....

I think this is the important part of the Warranty that you want to pay attention to:
    Quote Originally Posted by mr intense
    Frames purchased from U.S. dealers in countries with authorized Intense international distribution will void the 2 year factory warranty. NOTE: To handle a warranty or service claim, contact your local bike shop, dealer/distributor. If none of these options work, contact Intense Cycles at cs{AT}intensecycles{DOT}com to get a return authorization number (RA#). Intense Cycles WILL NOT ACCEPT any warranty or repair returns without an RA #.
    Check out their website for authorized dealers or call and ask them if they have any current prospects for authorized dealers in your area. Hey!!! If not maybe you could become the first in your area.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Awesome looking bikes! I haven't seen many posts regarding weight. I was hoping to get a ballpark number for the ones in the size medium with the 36 talas up front. I know there will be different numbers here and there due to difference in parts but a rough number would be great. I'm still floating between the 26 and 29er version. I'm kind of curious if there any previous 26 Tracer riders that switched over to the 29er world, or the other way around. To many choices.......

Have a good one

Z

mtbr member
    May 2006
    zmtthw - I had my T2 31.5 lbs with a dropper post, tubeless, air shock and 36 Talas. Ichabod Cranes build was 32.5lbs with Thomson post, tubes, RP23 and coil fork. My T2 now weighs 33.5 lbs with heavier pedals, different tyres and a CCDB.

With some exotic parts you could get a burly c30lb T2, but in reality it is never going to be a light bike. If you are worried about weight - don't buy a T2.

mtbr member
    If you are worried about weight - don't buy a T2. To be honest.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabod crane View Post
    If you are worried about weight - don't buy a T2. To be honest.
    Agreed.

To get a build worthy of the frame's beef, you're looking at 32lbs+ unless you want to spend an unholy pile of money.

Mine's built with the RP23, a 36 float, X9/X0, EN521s, 2.35 Minions and a dropper post and it's a shade under 33lb. I wouldn't want lighter wheels or a 32 with our super technical terrain and I think the AC of the 36 or Lyrik suits the bike's geo more than that of a 32 or Revelation... For what I want to do with it anyway. As always YMMV.

I rode some things last weekend on my T2 that I had previously only ever attempted on a gravity-specific bike. I'm happy to say that it inspired confidence when the going got steep and tangly. I think it might actually descend better than my old Uzzi VPX while going up things unbelievably better. I'd have no issue with using it for park riding with a heavier wheelset and bigger tires.

mtbr member
    To same weight but not too pricy:

1. eclipse tubes, save up to 130g per tube
    2. 1-ply tires with extra protection, up to 300g per tire
    3. light chain, save up to 130g
    4. xx-cassette, save up to 150g, I know this cassette is pricy but it cleans itself really fast
    5. carbon bar, save up to 100g

mtbr member
    my new tracer2

frame: sm white w/rp23
    fork: revelation
    headset: chris king
    stem: azonic
    handlebars: easton
    grips: dmr lock-on
    shifter: sram x5
    brakes: shimano xt
    seatpost: titec
    saddle: sdg
    cranks: shimano xt
    chainguide: straitline
    peddles: dmr v8
    derailer: sram x9
    cassette: sram
    wheels: dt swiss e2200
    tires: kenda kinetics

some bargain parts but will upgrade as needed. recently added spesh. command post blacklite.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer 2 Builds-img_0116.jpg  

mtbr member
    She's a beauty - have fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Pics to follow
    Tracer t2 can am yellow small Fox RP23
    09 Fox float rlc 36
    CC flush hs
    Easton Haven carbon bars and Haven carbon wheels
    XX 9spd cassette, Hive Heim 2 guide with Straighline bashring, KMC 10xsl chain, XT cranks, 36-22, XT fd, XO shifters, XO rear short der, XTR Trail brakes, 183mm Hope f rotor 160mm Hope r rotor. Specialized Purgatory Control 2.2(rear) Specialized Eskar2 S-works front 2.3, XTR trail pedals, RS Reverb seatpost, WTB Silverado Lopes edt saddle.
    Twenty6 seat clamp, Point One 70mm stem,Intense lock-on grips,

29.05lbs. Would break 29 low 28's with Thompson MP seatpost.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My Tracer 2, not dirty enough...

Fox 36 Talas 160
    Cane Creek Forty Headset
    Truvativ AKA Stem + Truvativ Team Riser Bar
    Easton EA30 Seatpost
    Hope Tech M4
    Hope Floating 7" (Front) / Hope M4 7" (Rear)
    SRAM Attack Trigger (Front) / SRAM X7 Twister 9sp (Rear)
    Shimano SLX Front (Front) / SRAM X9 9sp Medium Cage (Rear)
    Shimano XT Crankset 44T
    SRAM PG950 11-34, 9sp (not update enough in the 10sp world, huh?)
    KMC Ti & Gold Light Chain
    Hope Pro 2 + DT Swiss XR 4.2D wheelset
    Maxxis Minon 2.35 (Front) / Cross Mark 2.1 (Rear)

I'm from Hong Kong, not many legal path in the mountain here, so will get on road sometimes for workout, about 50/50(on road/off road).. it's just works great for both!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer 2 Builds-dsc03314.jpg  

Tracer 2 Builds-dsc03315.jpg  

Tracer 2 Builds-dsc03317.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lkc_john View Post
    My Tracer 2, not dirty enough:
    Very nice job, that's a great "do it all" set up. That grey color looks sharp!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Anyone having experience running T2 with 180mm fork? Yep, I know it's not recommended and probably voids warranty, but still...

Wouldn't a CC Angleset that slackens the fork further at least partly 'compensate' for the geometry impact the 180mm fork has on the seat angle/BB height? That is, lowering the front slightly..

mtbr member
    why should it void warranty?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by geosnow View Post
    why should it void warranty?
    Isn't T2 fork recommendation 140-160mm? Or is 180mm fork within the limits set by Intense?

mtbr member
    Does it matter if you have a 160mm with angle set or 180mm. There may be some for force on the headtube but I think that the new Uzzi, which is a 180mm bike, has the same headtube and welding as the Tracer 2.

mtbr member
    It just seems like 180mm would feel like an un-natural amount of rake for a Tracer.

mtbr member
    yeah, if you want to run a 180 mm fork then I think the uzzi is your bike.
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Does it matter if you have a 160mm with angle set or 180mm. There may be some for force on the headtube but I think that the new Uzzi, which is a 180mm bike, has the same headtube and welding as the Tracer 2.
    I believe there's a difference, yes. 160mm with angleset lowers the front end making the seat tube angle steeper and bb height lower as well. Replacing the 160mm with 170/180mm fork rises the front back up again (ending up with SA angle / bb height closer to the original situation that you had before with 160mm without angleset).. What you get is a super slack (something like HA65) and light enduro machine that still maintains pedalability.. Just a thought..

suspension cowboy
    Feb 2007
    Here my new tracer2 on its maiden raid

great bike ... a little bit of adjustment here and there, perfect ...

short partlist:
    tracer2 works large with rp23
    marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti (great fork)
    XTR trail brakes (v:203 / h:180) and cranks
    XT drivetrain with XTR shifters (3x9)
    crank brothers mallet 2
    chris king headset and hubs
    thomson seatpost and stem
    easton haven al handlebar
    ZTR flow rims (tubeless with stan's notube kit)
    weight: 14kg (31lbs)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

pics

Quote Originally Posted by lion-of-the-temple View Post
    Here my new tracer2 on its maiden raid

great bike ... a little bit of adjustment here and there, perfect ...

short partlist:
    tracer2 works large with rp23
    marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti (great fork)
    XTR trail brakes (v:203 / h:180) and cranks
    XT drivetrain with XTR shifters (3x9)
    crank brothers mallet 2
    chris king headset and hubs
    thomson seatpost and stem
    easton haven al handlebar
    ZTR flow rims (tubeless with stan's notube kit)
    weight: 14kg (31lbs)
    Hi, any more pics???

suspension cowboy
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmt67Stang View Post
    Hi, any more pics???
    ... coming soon!

EDIT: ... as promised

... a few pictures before it get's dirty ... and btw: it was fun to get it dirty
    Last edited by lion-of-the-temple; 10-23-2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: adding pictures

mtbr member
    T2 is my next bike after Ibis Mojo and On One 456ss, a great AM bike, I hope

setup:

Intense Tracer 2 size L, Cane Creek Double Barrel or Manitou Evolver ISX-6,
    Talas 36 RC2 (160-130-110) 2010
    Cane Creek 40 ZS49-49/30 2011 (Angleset soon)
    SunRingle Charger Pro 110x20/142x12 2011
    Formula The One 180mm х2 2011
    Race Face SixC 730mm, 2010
    Thomson Elite 70mm 2010
    ODI X-treme Lock-on 2011
    Bonty post/Spesh Alias 143 saddle (KORE Distance I-beam 2011 + Syncros FL/RS Reverb 2010 soon)
    Race Face Turbine 22-32-Bash 2010
    Time X-Roc
    Shimano DeoreXT 771d (9spd.) 2010
    SRAM X-0, med. cage (9spd.) 2009
    Shimano XT 770 11-34 (9spd.) 2010
    Shimano DuraAce 7701 (9spd.) 2010
    SRAM X-9 Triggers 3x9 2011
    UST or TR Maxxis HighRoller II 2.4/Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.4 2012 (soon)
    Jagwire/YPK
    Nuke Proof.ti bolts

weight 14.16 kg as is.
    Last edited by borodulin; 10-30-2011 at 03:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Nice~~
    btw is that the NeoGuard on the fork?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lkc_john View Post
    Nice~~
    btw is that the NeoGuard on the fork?
    Yep, exactly. Thnx )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by borodulin View Post
    T2 is my next bike after Ibis Mojo and On One 456ss, a great AM bike, I hope

setup:

Intense Tracer 2 size L, Cane Creek Double Barrel or Manitou Evolver ISX-6,
    Awesome bike! I like that you use an Evolver. I don't get the hype that the Vivid Air gets as the first "real" DH air shock, the Evolver is awesome!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    Awesome bike! I like that you use an Evolver. I don't get the hype that the Vivid Air gets as the first "real" DH air shock, the Evolver is awesome!
    I absolutely agree )
    I believe in the CCDB as well, but it weighs just crazy

upd> one more photo: http://content.foto.mail.ru/inbox/sp...in69/s-828.jpg
    Last edited by borodulin; 11-01-2011 at 11:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi Georg,

I'm a rookie at this forum, and I can't sent private message yet...

About the CCDB mounting hardware, I'm sorry, but I don't know... the guys from WrenchScience mounted it on the frame, Intense unfortunately gave them the wrong hardware dimensions so they spent some time modifying the shock hardware to fit the frame.

Regards!
    Jaume

mtbr member
    Hi Jaume

Thank you for the response. Fanatik will send me the correct mounting hardware to set up my CCDB upsidedown. I also checked with Cane Creek directly and there is no disadvantage of mounting the CCDB like this. Actually I think it is a great advantage since you can reach the adjusters without dismounting the upper screw.

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    Just built her up today! Got it on the trail for a quick spin before dark, and first impressions are excellent! Will get it out for a proper thrashing tomorrow!

Frame Size: Small
    Rear Shock: Rock Shox Vivid Air
    Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik Solo Air RC2DH 170 tapered
    Headset: Cane Creek 110
    Brakes: Avid Elixir X0 180mm front and rear
    Cranks: SRAM X0 Silver 170 with single E13 32T guidering
    Chainguide: E13 LG1 TRS
    Derailleur/Shifter: SRAM X0 Silver 10sp
    Cassette: SRAM PG 1070 11/36T
    Chain: SRAM PC1091R
    Wheelset: DT 350 hubs/DT M480 rims (to be replaced with ENVE AM rims and DT 240S hubs)
    Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5" EXO 3C front, Maxxis Minion DHF 2.35" ST rear
    Handlebar: Raceface SixC
    Stem: Raceface Atlas AM 50mm
    Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece
    Saddle: WTB Devo SLT
    Pedals: Twenty6 Predator Ti

Final build weight: 30.8 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer 2 Builds-tracer2-01-web.jpg  

Tracer 2 Builds-tracer2-07-web.jpg  

Tracer 2 Builds-tracer2-02-web.jpg  

Tracer 2 Builds-tracer2-04-web.jpg  

mtbr member
    wow. Just a shark )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever View Post
    Just built her up today! Got it on the trail for a quick spin before dark, and first impressions are excellent! Will get it out for a proper thrashing tomorrow!

Frame Size: Small
    Rear Shock: Rock Shox Vivid Air
    Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik Solo Air RC2DH 170 tapered
    Headset: Cane Creek 110
    Brakes: Avid Elixir X0 180mm front and rear
    Cranks: SRAM X0 Silver 170 with single E13 32T guidering
    Chainguide: E13 LG1 TRS
    Derailleur/Shifter: SRAM X0 Silver 10sp
    Cassette: SRAM PG 1070 11/36T
    Chain: SRAM PC1091R
    Wheelset: DT 350 hubs/DT M480 rims (to be replaced with ENVE AM rims and DT 240S hubs)
    Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5" EXO 3C front, Maxxis Minion DHF 2.35" ST rear
    Handlebar: Raceface SixC
    Stem: Raceface Atlas AM 50mm
    Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece
    Saddle: WTB Devo SLT
    Pedals: Twenty6 Predator Ti

Final build weight: 30.8 lbs
    Very nice. I see most of you are running it in the shorter travel mode, how do you like it?
    I find it suprising because you have a single ring, Lyrik fork and Viv air.
    2014 Santa Cruz Solo c.

Moving on to better things

mtbr member
    New forks for my T2

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Nice fenders!

wuss
    Quote Originally Posted by rudaripu View Post
    The problem is that iam not sure about the existence of an Intense dealer here in Venezuela, there is a Santa Cruz dealer, which sold me a BlurLTc (Great bike by the way). Please let me know if/when they solve your problem, in case i buy the Uzzi i would like to be sure that Intense backs its products....

With Intense support is really up to the dealer. If your dealer goes out of business or you have other problems with them, then you will pretty much be on your own. All you have to do for verification is try emailing their support addresses on their site, if you get an answer it will probably happen after weeks or months (I've only gotten an answer to one out of six emails I sent to customer service / support).

mtbr member
    Some nice builds in here for sure. Just finished polishing and brushing my new T2 - now its assembly time, can't wait to get it on the trail....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    Some nice builds in here for sure. Just finished polishing and brushing my new T2 - now its assembly time, can't wait to get it on the trail....
    Ooh, the polished frames are something else. Please post pictures of the completed build.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

AKA Mr.Habanero
    Thats where l got mine from and they rock. Super nice, helpful and kept me up to date with the whole thing.
    Does anyone know how the T2 would do with A Fox dhx air Kashima? I want to replace the rp23 and i cant find any real info about the 2012 model let alone on a T2. All l know about them was apparently the older ones were junk.

AKA Mr.Habanero
    Thats where l got mine from and they rock. Super nice, helpful and kept me up to date with the whole thing.
    Does anyone know how the T2 would do with A Fox dhx air Kashima? I want to replace the rp23 and i cant find any real info about the 2012 model let alone on a T2. All l know about them was apparently the older ones were junk.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Does anyone tryed the T2 wit a Monarch Rc3 Plus??

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousmav View Post
    I have one on my UZZI VP and love it. I really like the 3 position compression switch. Its very easy to switch on the fly.

Salad Days
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousmav View Post
    I have been riding one for the last month or so on rocky east coast trails. Works very well so far, I like it better than the rp23.

AKA Mr.Habanero
    Can anyone tell me what kind of rate meaning rising rate, falling rate, linear or non-linear the VPP design is. I know different suspension systems are better for certain kinds of shocks then others.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast