Chain - SRAM
Tires - Changes frequently
Grips - ODI Ruffians
Pedals - Shimano DX
Weight - Don't know

Attachments

See less See more
#186 ·
Just built her up today! Got it on the trail for a quick spin before dark, and first impressions are excellent! Will get it out for a proper thrashing tomorrow!

Frame Size: Small
Rear Shock: Rock Shox Vivid Air
Fork: Rock Shox Lyrik Solo Air RC2DH 170 tapered
Headset: Cane Creek 110
Brakes: Avid Elixir X0 180mm front and rear
Cranks: SRAM X0 Silver 170 with single E13 32T guidering
Chainguide: E13 LG1 TRS
Derailleur/Shifter: SRAM X0 Silver 10sp
Cassette: SRAM PG 1070 11/36T
Chain: SRAM PC1091R
Wheelset: DT 350 hubs/DT M480 rims (to be replaced with ENVE AM rims and DT 240S hubs)
Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5" EXO 3C front, Maxxis Minion DHF 2.35" ST rear
Handlebar: Raceface SixC
Stem: Raceface Atlas AM 50mm
Seatpost: Thomson Masterpiece
Saddle: WTB Devo SLT
Pedals: Twenty6 Predator Ti

Final build weight: 30.8 lbs

Attachments

#282 · (Edited)
Incredible ride today on the Exploration Trail up by Running Springs and got a chance to field test the Bionicon C-Guide I just put on. Perfect way to spend a b-day weekend. I honeslty like this bike more and more every time I ride it. AM perfection IMO.
After two weeks in the Crimean mountains I would agree with that statement. T2 proved to be an excellent bike, uphill and down.

Angleset in -1 degree is the rule for this frame, IMO

Actual setup: CCDB, tubeless tires, 50mm stem, Spank Spike flat pedals

Full size:
https://content.foto.mail.ru/inbox/spin69/955/s-981.jpg

PS:Also ordered this device from Bionicon :)

#291 ·
Hello Everyone

Hi Guys & Girls,

I just been looking through all the sweet T2 builds, very nice:thumbsup:

I've been riding mine for a year now and I had a TracerVP before.

The T2 is amazing, the best bike i've had............

Great on single track, good climber, amazing on the DH I've used two offset shock mounts, i think the Head Angle is approx 65 degrees, nice and slack:)

This is mine,

2011 Intense tracer 2 large
Works Grey
CaneCreek DB Air
2012 Marzocchi Evo Ti 170
Rockshox Reverb
Chris king Hubs & Headset
Mavic 819 Rims
Easton Havoc Carbon Bars Havoc Stem
XT Cranks Groupset Inc Pedals
XTR Rear Mech 10 Speed
MRP 2X
Conti UST Rubber Queen BlackChilli

Attachments

#311 ·
Hey mash,

I'm pretty sure most of the rear end issues were solved when the Tracer VP became the Tracer 2 with a much beefier rear end. I started with a TVP and now a T2 and haven't had an issue with either one. I really like the stiffer triangle of the T2 and personally have put it to the test with some pretty rough riding and the T2 always amazes me with how well it handles whatever I throw at it.

Intense is always making improvements based on design issues and the Tracer 2 is a result of improvements from the TVP. IMO the T2 is a perfect balance of strength and weight and has been an absolutely awesome AM bike that can climb like a goat for how capable it is on the downs. Unless you are bigger 225+ guy that likes to ride really hard gnar terrain then i don't see any anticipated issues with the T2.

Mine is paired with a Fox 36 up front, 60mm stem, and 760mm bars and it rides like a dream for AM riding.

Post some pics once you get your bike together, would love to see it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding setup or the T2 in general - I'm pretty confident you will be very happy with your purchase once you get it on the trail. Welcome to the Intense crew (almost).

#352 ·
Hey Duncan: Yeah, I'm sure X-Fusion is tired of taking calls on the Slant for 650B. I spoke to them last week and got the same info, June/July release. I don't know why they don't just put that info on their web-site. Since it's taking so long for them, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Fox 34. Should be here in another day or two.

I like the White Brothers Loop. It's a very good fork. I've not ridden any Fox forks in the last few years, so I can't compare the two. I can only say that it works well. And, I know where you can get a good deal on one! I was planning on selling it on eBay. Let me know if you have any interest. It does have a small surface scratch on the left stanchion, but it doesn't affect the ride.

#4 ·
iRider said:
That looks really good! :thumbsup:
Maybe it is the pic, but the BB looks rather high. Do you have an actual measurement?
Mostly due to the pic, but it's right at 14" in long travel mode and big tires. This bike is freaking fun.

#8 ·
I really like it, easiest guide to setup that I've ever used. Should've ran one on my M9. No crank mods needed, just remove the inner ring and use the 2.5 mm spacers provided with the guide.
pitch08 said:
Eric B
How do you like the straightline silent guide? I bought one and plan to put it on the tracer 2 as well. Did you need to modify the cranks at all?

#11 ·
jstuhlman said:
@ichabod-can you post a ride comparison vs. heckler (that's what I'm on now ant trying to decide between uzzi/tracer/sx trail). thanks!
The best way to describe it is like the heckler but with vpp, the heckler never had very good small bump performance and was just awful with a float shock but the tracer is super plush across the small bumps and even with the float feels bottomless on drops. I loved the riding feel of the heckler and wanted to get something as close to it as possible and it seems I have succeeded in doing so! Like I said it really is a super charged version :)

#12 ·
pitch08 said:
Eric B and Ichabod Crane
How long did it take to receive your frame? I just placed my order last night at Jensons. Yeah, I know, there is a long pre-order list. I should've pulled the trigger a long time ago. :madman: Oh, well.
Mine arrived around March the 10th and I pre-ordered in January it was one of the first frames in the UK. So really the actual wait time was just for Intense to build the frames which was only a few weeks.

#13 ·
Just finished building mine tonight:

Canecreek Anglset -1degree
Hope Moto V2 203/183
Sunline V1 bar
Sunline spacers
Sunline lock on grips
70mm Thomson X4 Stem
Full XT groupset
Superstar Ultra Mags
Fox 36 Talas RLC 160 Kashima
Crankbrothers Joplin 4
Crankbrothers split QR
Selle Italia SLR gel glow saddle
2010 mavic Crossmax SX wheelset
2010 2.4" UST Nobby Nic front tyre
Conti Mountain King 2.4 rear tyre
Weight: Aprox 31.5lbs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.