Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracer 2 Builds

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I'm going to purchase a T2 frame this week but I don't know what frame size I should be getting?

I'm 5'10" with an inseam of 32". I come from a downhill background and prefer a shorter cockpit, though I have taken 10 years off and forget everything about bike sizing

Any help would be great! I'm thinking medium or large?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason419 View Post
    I'm going to purchase a T2 frame this week but I don't know what frame size I should be getting?

I'm 5'10" with an inseam of 32". I come from a downhill background and prefer a shorter cockpit, though I have taken 10 years off and forget everything about bike sizing

Any help would be great! I'm thinking medium or large?
    Sounds like you're right on the cusp of a M or L so you could probably make either work. Just keep in mind you probably want to run a shorter stem (~50mm) so just make sure a Medium isn't going to be too cramped, but if you like a tighter cockpit it might be just right.

You will love the T2 - great AM rig that can be setup for almost anything.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trojans1993 View Post
    Sounds like you're right on the cusp of a M or L so you could probably make either work. Just keep in mind you probably want to run a shorter stem (~50mm) so just make sure a Medium isn't going to be too cramped, but if you like a tighter cockpit it might be just right.

You will love the T2 - great AM rig that can be setup for almost anything.

Good luck.
    Thanks for getting back to me, i almost pulled the trigger to buy it last night, then I saw the ad for the Tracer 275 on the side of the screen, tracer 275 here we come haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

now I also have a ti spring and a black bash

huck to flat

T-deuce kills trail!

here's my 2012 in raw

31.5lbs

Tubeless
    142mm rear end
    Truvative Boo Bars 780mm
    Tompson elite x4 50mm stem
    straitline silentguide
    34t raceface chainring

mtbr member
    That would be a weapon. No drop post?

huck to flat
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_n View Post
    That would be a weapon. No drop post?
    at the moment no, but I'm planning on getting a Spec. Command Post soon!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    My new do it all bike. On the trail or in the bikepark - massive fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracer 2 Builds-intense_tracer_2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by berlinmatte View Post
    On the trail or in the bikepark - massive fun!
    Great looking T2. You're definitely right about that - I've ridden my T2 in a wide variety terrain and it has performed flawlessly and more fun every time - perfect do-it-all bike IMO.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi all, new to the forums. Im looking to buy a T2 in the near future as it has been highly recommended for the type of riding I do, but have come across several threads on other forums about cracked /broken frames/rear arms Is this due to abuse/misuse or process control during mfg? Older design? I still plan on buying just wanted to know what to expect. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Hey mash,

I'm pretty sure most of the rear end issues were solved when the Tracer VP became the Tracer 2 with a much beefier rear end. I started with a TVP and now a T2 and haven't had an issue with either one. I really like the stiffer triangle of the T2 and personally have put it to the test with some pretty rough riding and the T2 always amazes me with how well it handles whatever I throw at it.

Intense is always making improvements based on design issues and the Tracer 2 is a result of improvements from the TVP. IMO the T2 is a perfect balance of strength and weight and has been an absolutely awesome AM bike that can climb like a goat for how capable it is on the downs. Unless you are bigger 225+ guy that likes to ride really hard gnar terrain then i don't see any anticipated issues with the T2.

Mine is paired with a Fox 36 up front, 60mm stem, and 760mm bars and it rides like a dream for AM riding.

Post some pics once you get your bike together, would love to see it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding setup or the T2 in general - I'm pretty confident you will be very happy with your purchase once you get it on the trail. Welcome to the Intense crew (almost).

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Tracer 2

Just built up my Flo Green Tracer 2. Jake and everyone at Intense have been super helpful and truly stoked about people riding their bikes! The tracer 2 kills it as an All Mountain Assault Machine! If I had more posts I would post a picture

mtbr member
    My race face deus is rubbing on chainstay on the drive side. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i still have the tracer vp im planing in sale it in a near future to buy the tracer 2 it looks much stiffer in the rear triangle so you can ride more agressive

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Race Face Deus crank on T2

Quote Originally Posted by bridgestone14 View Post
    My race face deus is rubbing on chainstay on the drive side. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I'm using an older Atlas 3x9 crankset (X type interface like the Deus) and the arm clearance on the drive side was very tight. I ended up having to run two more of the white plastic spacers on the crank spindle between the spider and the bearing face to space the crank outbound a bit. Your LBS can probably supply a few of those spacers from Race Face.

FWIW - after spacing the crank out this way I had my chain drop and jam in between my granny ring and the ISCG tabs as I run 2 x 9 with a bash and no chainguide. I ended up having to loosen off the crank arm to get the chain free. I later fabricated a little aluminum plate to fit in the gap between the granny ring and the ISCG tabs. Works a treat now and no chain drops or jams since. I'll post up a pic of the plate when I get a chance (got the idea from something I saw on a review of a Scott carbon Am bike)
    Last edited by SRALPH; 11-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.

mtbr member
    I have some old spacers from an xtr splined bb, I think they are about a mm or so each.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Ya those XTR spacers should work, sandwiched between the rubberized race face ones. On mine there is an orange spacer inset on the spider and a black one against the bb bearing face

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Where do you ride that you need that much rock protection? Because I feel like the picture is of a forest in the midwest or the Appalachian mountains. Notoriously rock free.
    Great looking bike.

mtbr member
    A forest near Moscow, Russia, in fact ) but the bike regularly rides in the Crimean mountains, where many rocks.. Frame protection just isn't removed.
    Sorry for bad english, I hope you understand me..
    Last edited by borodulin; 11-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.

mtbr member

A final iteration: new bar, higher and wider.
    Last edited by borodulin; 12-03-2012 at 07:24 AM.

mtbr member
    That is a lot better English than my Russian. Great looking bike.

mtbr member
    well.. russian language is pretty difficult ) Thank U

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by borodulin View Post
    A final iteration: new bar, higher and wider.
    That's a perfect combination for the Tracer 2 - my bike became twice as fun after going with a wider, higher bar and shorter stem. Nice.

mtbr member
    Your crankset doesn't rub against the drive side chainstay? Mine is a slightly older version of that crankset, so maybe that is the problem. I am trying to figure out what would work and be light, but I am a little low on cash right now.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast