Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Interesting. I'm guessing everyone would like to lower and slacken their t2's but it might come at the cost of a longer chain stay. If the brake location is holding it back then it might not be geometry numbers that the t275 has. Keep us posted.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Intense Claims 13.5" on the Tracer 2 and 13.3" on the Tracer 275. I have the 275 specific frame and actually wish for a little more BB Height. I will assume they lowered BB a little more to compensate for the wheel base increase. It's an inch longer when comparing size Large.

So when you think about this your taking the T2 and compromising the cornering to gain BB Clearance and momentum.

I would like to know how a Large volume tire like a Hans dampf 2.35 Handles the Rear stays on the Tracer 2 with 275 Drop outs. The 275 handles these tires with plenty of clearance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer650 View Post

I would like to know how a Large volume tire like a Hans dampf 2.35 Handles the Rear stays on the Tracer 2 with 275 Drop outs. The 275 handles these tires with plenty of clearance
    I guess we'll see soon enough, I order 2.3 Neo Motos front and back for the new wheels. I don't think they are as big as the HD's but should give some kind of an idea.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer650 View Post
    Intense Claims 13.5" on the Tracer 2 and 13.3" on the Tracer 275.
    13.7 with a 160 mm fork. But most folks get over 14" with some real world tires.

mtbr member
    I'll post all the new real world measurements once the conversion is complete this week if anyone is interested. Happy Super Sunday - I need some squares to hit to pay for this experiment - LOL.

mtbr member
    Wow, we could be onto something here. I received the freshly built Flox EX wheelset today from Fanatik Bike (great to work with) and mounted up the 2.3 Neo Moto's which snapped on perfectly (Slime Pro). Everything went together too perfectly (which kind of scares me) and to my surprise the wheel clearance seems perfectly acceptable both F&R. I decided to go all-in on this upgrade and removed my brakes for a new set but they haven't arrived yet so I haven't been able to give it a proper test, but a few tight turns down the alley felt fantastic..... I'll post a better write up when I get a good ride on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2