mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Tire rub on seatstay on tracer?????

I have a maxxis 2.25 crossmark on the rear of my new tracer. I have it in the 6 inch mode and on larger compressions, the rear tire buzzes the seatstay?? anybody else had this problem??? Seems like you should be able to run that size rear tire without issues. I havent tried it in the 5.5 inch mode but may and see if that helps. more air pressure in the rear shock makes the bike sag incorrectly. I am 205lbs with camelbak and gear..any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Dude, got any schwag?
    My tire hit the cable for my Joplin and caused me to stop & inspect. All good.

Try letting all the air out of the shock and see if the tire touches. (I'm guessing you meant seat tube)

BTW, where the h--- are the pictures of your Tracer?
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

mtbr member
    Did you find a solution for the Joplin cable routing? I have the same problem on the Uzzi and there was no way I could route the cable without it hitting the tire under full compression when the post is set low.

legal alien
    Jun 2007
    sorry for taking this off topic, but if you really did mean rubbing on the stays as opposed to the seat tube, would you mind commenting on your perception of the bike's overall stiffness? along with this, it would be interesting to know how much you weigh.

the reason i ask is that i'm wanting to purchase the upcoming Uzzi, but I'm very worried about rear end stiffness after seeing (first hand) what a noodle the 6.6 was. according to intense, the new models, beginning with the Tracer, are supposed to be stiffer than the previous generation.

Dude, got any schwag?
    Irider, I have not done anything about cable rub. I'm not that worried about it. Just glad it wasn't tire-on-seat-tube.

Alien, I can't speak for the Uzzi, but my Tracer is Bangin' stiff front to back. This is why IMHO the bike is such a point and shoot gem.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!