mtbr member

Tire rub on a '03 Uzzi when landing

I got a used '03 Uzzi and I really love it except for a stupid problem with the tire rubbing
    against the chain stays (I think) whenever I land off any kind of jump (even a 2-foot drop will do).

It's a 2.35'" tire (IRC Kujo) and there seem to be enough clearance (about 1/4" on each side).

I thought maybe it's happening because I am running a regular hub with spacers instead
    of a wide 140cm hub that the frame is designed for. But it seems weird that the wheel
    would flex so much just because of the spacers.

Also, my chaistays are in the short position (the long position seems to have less
    tire clearance).

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

rain rain go away...
    pictures?

have u tried grabbing the wheel and forcing it side-to-side?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I had this same issue..........intense said not to run the shock on the last hole/furthest hole down on the swing link. After setting it in the center hole the problem was resolved.

mtbr member

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe-pilgrim
    I had this same issue..........intense said not to run the shock on the last hole/furthest hole down on the swing link. After setting it in the center hole the problem was resolved.
    That's likely it. I am using the last hole right now. Will switch to the middle one.

Members who have read this thread: 0