mtbr member

Thinking of upgrading from fox 32 to 34 on my T2...input?

Love my T2 and how well it climbs here in hilly central Vermont. I'm thinking about going from a 32 talas 150 to a 34 talas 160. Anyone do so & how did your climbing change?
    thanks
    Luke

mtbr member
    Why 34 instead of 36? I built my Tracer with a brand new Talas 32 and loved it, but then took a ride on a T2 with a 36 up front and realized I made a big mistake for my preferred type of riding. Immediately sold the 32 on Craigs after one ride and found a deal on a new Talas 36 and couldn't be happier.

As far as climbing goes, that's the beauty of the TALAS. When you hit those steep climbs just drop it and lock it and it's back to climbing just like your 32. Honestly, unless it's a granny gear type of climb I don't even notice the extra travel up front and just leave it at 160mm position (no front lift issues at all)

IMO the extra reach, plushness and stiffness of the Fox 36 is WELL worth the extra pound vs the 32. Unless the 34 is somehow stiffer than the 36 for some reason then why not just go 36? Just my 2 cents....