Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups

FAT BIKES

WINTER APPAREL

TRAINERS

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

T275c swingarm cable routing headache

Any tips on actually getting the derailleur housing plumbed through the swingarm??? The #%$&ing pinch at the front of the arm near the lower lower link makes it near impossible...just about at the F this, she gets zip tied point. Any help is appreciated.

mtbr member
    after several attempts with just the housing failed, i did manage to get the cable through first and then fed the housing over that. even then it seemed that the housing needed unnecessary 'persuasion' to get it through.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ragetty View Post
    after several attempts with just the housing failed, i did manage to get the cable through first and then fed the housing over that. even then it seemed that the housing needed unnecessary 'persuasion' to get it through.
    Haha I knew there was no way I was alone in this....I've been through 4 different Klein frames with the internal cable nightmare that were easier than this. My unnecessary persuasion involved a couple of tall beverages, by the end of beverage #2 I was over it and we have now have some tastefully zip tied cables in place. I'm sure there will come a time to tackle it again but it's rideable now. And it is F'ing awesome :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I used dental floss and a shop vac. Once the floss was through I tied and taped it to the cable and pulled the cable through. Worked pretty well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    My frame shipped with a plastic tube through the chainstay, so I was able to run the cable through that before removing the tube and then using the cable to guide the housing. When replacing cable and housing, I remove the old cable, then run a new cable through from the derailleur end. This allows me to remove the housing from the chainstay from the BB end while leaving the cable in place to guide the new housing through. I did the same on the downtube, but I don't think it was really necessary there, as the housing seemed to move freely and not hang up.