mtbr member
    Jul 2009

T275 Travel options

Could some please tell me when the travel is changed on the bike do the angles change like on other intense bikes?

The web site does not state a change in angles like other did.

I have not tried to mess with mine yet to have a look.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I was told that there is no change to the head angle or BB height but I dont really see how this is possible. It does change the leverage ratio of the shock thus reguiring more air pressure. Also, When you go to short travel mode (bolt in lower hole) the rider is seated a little more over the pedals which makes it a better climbing position. When in the longer travel mode, you feel as if the pedals are slightly in front of you. I use both setting often.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    thanks i think my original tracer was the same it had travel adjust but never changed the angles.

Does it feel that much faster uphill in the shorter travel?

Are you running 160mm forks all the time on both travel options?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by stejam View Post
    thanks i think my original tracer was the same it had travel adjust but never changed the angles.

Does it feel that much faster uphill in the shorter travel?

Are you running 160mm forks all the time on both travel options?
    I have a 160mm pike. I use both setting with the same fork. I'm not sure how many others out there do this, but the rides around here usually start with a long consistent climb and then a long consistent downhill. So I have always started my rides with the sag(rear shock air pressure) set with the bike in long travel mode but then put the bolt in the short travel position. You can then change to long travel mode when you get to the top and have the rear shock setup for the DH. The air pressure will be a little high when climbing but I have found that I barely notice it. Rider positioning is better in the short travel position as it puts the rider above the pedals more which allows for better power transfer whereas in the longer travel mode, you kinda feel like the pedals are in front of you a little. The short travel mode definitely climbs better/ faster uphill.