Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 117
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254

    T275 picture thread

    Been riding riding it for a few weeks, what a nice Machine!
    T275 picture thread-image.jpg

    T275 picture thread-image.jpg

    T275 picture thread-image.jpg

    Please show us your ride
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Come on i know there are some more out there. I would really like to see a black or a nude one.

    I got some new barsT275 picture thread-image.jpg

    T275 picture thread-image.jpg
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    58
    Gorgeous bike! One of the two top condenders for my next trail bike, the decision will be taken in mid june.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by perbl View Post
    Gorgeous bike! One of the two top condenders for my next trail bike, the decision will be taken in mid june.
    Whats the other lucky bike?
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    412

    Intense large T275

    Here is the build:
    Large T275
    RS Monacrch RC3 Plus
    RS Pike Solo Air 160mm
    Industry Nine Trail Wheelset
    Sram XX1, 32T
    Shimano XT Brakes
    Cane Creak HS
    Raceface Carbon bar
    Specialized Phenom Pro Carbin seat
    RS Reverb Stealth dropper post
    Schwabe Nobby Nic front/ Razor Rock rear
    Thomson 70mm stem
    Crank Brothers pedals

    26 lbs. 11 oz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-img_1211.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-img_1209.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-img_1206.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-img_1210.jpg  


  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Very nice looking! Love the wheels. I copied your bars
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Whats the other lucky bike?
    At the moment it is the Turner Burner. Potential outsiders are the Bronson, Liteville 301, and the Canyon Spectral.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    213

    T275 picture thread

    Just got my built yesterday, ive transferred all the gear over from my Pivot Mach6 but it dont feel a patch on the Mach!


  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29
    Here is mine, just finished...
    i added some new pics from today's ride at the local trails
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-cam00124%5B1%5D.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-cam00119%5B1%5D.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-cam00111%5B1%5D.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-cam00120%5B1%5D.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-cam00122%5B1%5D.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-cam00118.jpg  

    Last edited by vangel; 05-14-2014 at 11:18 AM.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by stejam View Post
    Just got my built yesterday, ive transferred all the gear over from my Pivot Mach6 but it dont feel a patch on the Mach!

    Yes very rad! I can't wait to hear the difference between the two bikes and which one you like better, climbs better, descends better ect. What fender do you have? I need one
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by vangel View Post
    Here is mine, just finished.
    Super rad, first black one I've seen, tell how it is
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    100
    No action shots yet. My thoughts are in the other thread. T275 picture thread-photo-3-12-.jpgT275 picture thread-photo-2-14-.jpgT275 picture thread-photo-1-16-.jpg

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Sweet looking rig,my ride was hooking up today, it getting better every ride
    T275 picture thread-image.jpg
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    412
    I'm loving the yellow wheels on your bike.
    Last edited by Ridnw/bear; 05-09-2014 at 09:24 AM.

  15. #15
    AKA Mr.Habanero
    Reputation: panzer103's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    206
    Tomorrow, l swear l will post my Tracer 275. The lighting needs to be right.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    412
    I've been riding this bike for over a month now and find myself pushing it harder than I have for a really long time. It just encourages you and allows you to carry more momentum. It climbs well. I'd agree with others that its not going to win any XC races but this is a Enduro bike. When you point this bike downhill, you feel like you are on a mini DH bike. The travel is noticeably deeper than the Carbine. The T275 just seems to carve turns with the precision that only a really stiff rear end could give you. This frame does feel stiffer than the Carbine as well. Overall, its a confidence inspiring ride! Im loving it. I'd also agree with others, I think I will be keeping this one around for awhile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-photo%5B4%5D.jpg  


  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Yes very rad! I can't wait to hear the difference between the two bikes and which one you like better, climbs better, descends better ect. What fender do you have? I need one
    There is a big difference between the bikes id say the Tracer climbs better but the Mach 6 is much faster DH. The Mach also feel longer and feels a better fit in both mediums. The suspension on the mach works well with the Fox shock and locks out better but.

    The front mud guard is a Mucky Nutz Frender.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by stejam View Post
    There is a big difference between the bikes id say the Tracer climbs better but the Mach 6 is much faster DH. The Mach also feel longer and feels a better fit in both mediums. The suspension on the mach works well with the Fox shock and locks out better but.

    The front mud guard is a Mucky Nutz Frender.
    Wow really, I would have figured that the T275 would be better on the dh and the pivot better on the climb...?
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Wow really, I would have figured that the T275 would be better on the dh and the pivot better on the climb...?
    totally opposite mate the Mach 6 feels like a much bigger bike like a mini DH bike the head is so slack!

    The Tracer suit me tho! but everyone is different...

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29
    i did a lot of riding during the last couple of days and here are my comments on the bike:
    Its climbing ability is excellent, the bike is very responsive to each pedal stroke and accelerates really well even with the compression damping fully open.
    When the trail points down the bike really shines. Suspension is not super plush but when at speed you just dont feel the impact from the terrain.
    At rock gardens, the bigger wheels are flowing nicely over obstacles and give you some extra confidence.
    Before this bike, I had a nomad 2 and all i can say as conclusion is that tracer feels a lot like the SC nomad but it is a little better in every aspect.
    i have set the air pressure in both fork and shock slightly less than recommended, just to get a Little more small bump sensitivity.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    I put some wide 40mm carbon rims on my tracer a few weeks ago,T275 picture thread-image.jpgit made the bike even better!
    T275 picture thread-image.jpg
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  22. #22
    I fix your broken ****!
    Reputation: Sam-IntenseCustServ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    I put some wide 40mm carbon rims on my tracer a few weeks ago,it made the bike even better!
    Looks awesome, STEALTH dropper needs to be the next investment though
    Sam Wilson
    Things & Stuff Specialist
    Beer Drinker
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLOracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	900627
    I dig those wheels... if only there was a 26" version for my Uzzi

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHROMAG19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    274
    Black and red is getting real old

  25. #25
    I fix your broken ****!
    Reputation: Sam-IntenseCustServ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    353
    Might as well share my rig too! Testing out this Fox rear shock at the moment.

    T275 picture thread-tracer-5-13.jpg
    Sam Wilson
    Things & Stuff Specialist
    Beer Drinker
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    Might as well share my rig too! Testing out this Fox rear shock at the moment.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tracer 5-13.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	900668
    Woah Sam, being a "Jack of all trades" clearly pays off! 😀👍

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    Might as well share my rig too! Testing out this Fox rear shock at the moment.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tracer 5-13.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	900668
    Looking good Sam, i do have a stealth that came with the bike. I wanted a 150mm tho and i have a few Reverbs kicking in 31.6 I need to get on that!
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    200
    cleanest dropper cable routing is to use the KS Lev (because the cable attaches at the base) and run the cable through the top tube and straight to seatpost clamp area. that way there is no cable/hose on the downtube to only have a small amount contained for the stealth...

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    50
    Here's mine. Slaying trails down under. This thing is off the charts, 12.6kg (27.72 lbs) as you see it in these images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-img_8451.jpg  

    T275 picture thread-img_8460_2.jpg  


  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Monza_Aus View Post
    Here's mine. Slaying trails down under. This thing is off the charts, 12.6kg (27.72 lbs) as you see it in these images.
    Beautiful! Are you running the same tires?
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Hey all

    Very nice bikes indeed. Planning my next build and now I'm on the tires. Can any of you measure the clearance in the triangle, and fork if you have a Pike? The conditions around here (mid Norway) is typical high roller II exo/3c. Wondering if the new 2.4" will fit.

    Thanks in advance.
    A day in the mountains with a bike is like paradise only better
    My web page (in norwegian): http://sykkelhjulet.no

  32. #32
    I fix your broken ****!
    Reputation: Sam-IntenseCustServ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by nyzeta View Post
    Hey all

    Very nice bikes indeed. Planning my next build and now I'm on the tires. Can any of you measure the clearance in the triangle, and fork if you have a Pike? The conditions around here (mid Norway) is typical high roller II exo/3c. Wondering if the new 2.4" will fit.

    Thanks in advance.
    Maxxis HR II 27.5x2.4" will clear the Pike as well as the rear triangle no problem, I've ran that quite a bit.
    Sam Wilson
    Things & Stuff Specialist
    Beer Drinker
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    Maxxis HR II 27.5x2.4" will clear the Pike as well as the rear triangle no problem, I've ran that quite a bit.
    Thanks for the feedback. The final pieces has fallen into place. Now over to the thrill of ordering everything
    A day in the mountains with a bike is like paradise only better
    My web page (in norwegian): http://sykkelhjulet.no

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Beautiful! Are you running the same tires?
    Yes I am still running these tyres, apart from the weight I love them.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    290
    Size small, nekid carbon, Pike, DB, 1x11. It took few rounds to get it to climb (90% body weight for air pressure seems to be just about perfect). Down - it's fast. Make sure to bed the brakes in before your first ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-intense.jpg  


  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    Any comparison between the Uzzi and t275 when it comes to high speed dh and rocky stuff? Which would you choose

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    412
    I rode a 2011 Uzzi last weekend and also own a T275. The Uzzi is awesome on the DH but is beast to climb. The Uzzi had a RS Monarch on the rear and was in the short travel mode so it climbed better but I'd say I would go with the T275. It decends as well as the UZZi and is stiffer/ lighter and more versatile. I owned a Uzzi a couple of years back and it was my one bike to do everything so I climbed on it daily but it was a lot more weight than I want to haul up the hill. It came in at around 31.5 lbs. too so it was built pretty light. My T275 weighs 27.5 lbs. and is stiffer and more efficient and versatile. The T275 does great in the rough/ chunk. There seems to be enough travel to handle the steeps and chunk yet it still climbs great. Still love the Uzzi though.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    34




  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Nice!
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    79
    I dig the nude frame, especially how well it matches with the graphis on the pike. Kinda how the spider comp looks like the color scheme was pulled right from a fox 34.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    544
    How are the press fit bottom brackets going along?no creaky bb's yet??

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    412
    I have been riding my T275 since early April with NO issues. I also had a Carbine for 2 years with NO issues.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    63
    Thinking of selling my 29er and doing an XT build on a Tracer 275 and making a one bike quiver. Would the Tracer be good for local trails and lift served days at Mountaincreek and other bike parks in the Northeast or would I be better off with a full on DH rig?

    I'm an aggressive trail rider and want to start getting into lift served DH as well.

  44. #44
    I fix your broken ****!
    Reputation: Sam-IntenseCustServ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by hespeler View Post
    Thinking of selling my 29er and doing an XT build on a Tracer 275 and making a one bike quiver. Would the Tracer be good for local trails and lift served days at Mountaincreek and other bike parks in the Northeast or would I be better off with a full on DH rig?

    I'm an aggressive trail rider and want to start getting into lift served DH as well.
    I ended up selling my DH bike once I built my carbon Tracer 275. Such a capable bike both up and down. Just used it at Intensapalooza at Mammoth mountain and it took everything I could throw at it. Obviously it will not ride like a full on DH bike at the bike park, but it is definitely a "one bike to do it all" style rig
    Sam Wilson
    Things & Stuff Specialist
    Beer Drinker
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    I ended up selling my DH bike once I built my carbon Tracer 275. Such a capable bike both up and down. Just used it at Intensapalooza at Mammoth mountain and it took everything I could throw at it. Obviously it will not ride like a full on DH bike at the bike park, but it is definitely a "one bike to do it all" style rig
    I would agree with Sam. The T275 does great at lift served DHing. Keep in mind though that a light weight build that works well for climbing and XC/ Trail riding will probably not hold up well fro lift served DHing. Consider having a heavier tire/ wheel setup for the DH days. The frame will handle just fine as long as there arent a lot of rocks that could be kicked up and impact the frame.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    63
    [QUOTE=Ridnw/bear;11327569]I would agree with Sam. The T275 does great at lift served DHing. Keep in mind though that a light weight build that works well for climbing and XC/ Trail riding will probably not hold up well fro lift served DHing. Consider having a heavier tire/ wheel setup for the DH days. The frame will handle just fine as long as there arent a lot of rocks that could be kicked up and impact the frame.[/

    Great thanks! Would it be better to use the CCDB rear shock option if I want it to pull double duty at a bike park or is the fox shock ok? Also I would probably go with a Fox Float 34 160mm up front.

    Are there any 27.5 wheels being made specific for DH right now? When I was looking at DH bikes I considered the Spank Race wheel set.

    I'd be getting the aluminum frame. I read one review that said rear tire clearance is very tight. That could be an issue if I want to set it up with some DH tires. Anyone have issues with that?

    Also, will the XT componentry hold up for DH as well? I would probably get 203mm rotors for the DH specific wheels.

    Any other things I should consider for the build if I go this route? Maybe a bash guard? Are they easy to remove if I'm just hitting some local trails?
    Last edited by hespeler; 07-16-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    If your getting the aluminum tracer, I would defiantly get the ddcc shock. Also an angle set so you can slacken that thing out. I would stick to the pike or new 36, the 34 felt too wimpy.

    I'm still no the fence about selling my m9 since I got my t275. It's such a capable bike going dh. That being said, I wouldn't be flying down some our nasty dh trails we have a attitash, killington or sunday river. I'm sure I could ride those trails on my t275, it would be more about surviving and not about having fun.
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    If your getting the aluminum tracer, I would defiantly get the ddcc shock. Also an angle set so you can slacken that thing out. I would stick to the pike or new 36, the 34 felt too wimpy.

    I'm still no the fence about selling my m9 since I got my t275. It's such a capable bike going dh. That being said, I wouldn't be flying down some our nasty dh trails we have a attitash, killington or sunday river. I'm sure I could ride those trails on my t275, it would be more about surviving and not about having fun.
    Really? I would be using the t275 for some trips to Killington from time to time. Highland too. I guess there's a point where the t275 will feel overmatched?

    Ugh. The one or two bike quiver is such a tough decision. I think the t275 is so sexy and am really trying to rationalize getting one. But I'm a Long Island flat lander with a decent amount of riding in Westchester, NY which has more elevation but definitely still a XC bias.

    Going to the bike parks is an effort to find more elevation...

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by hespeler View Post
    Really? I would be using the t275 for some trips to Killington from time to time. Highland too. I guess there's a point where the t275 will feel overmatched?

    Ugh. The one or two bike quiver is such a tough decision. I think the t275 is so sexy and am really trying to rationalize getting one. But I'm a Long Island flat lander with a decent amount of riding in Westchester, NY which has more elevation but definitely still a XC bias.

    Going to the bike parks is an effort to find more elevation...
    Im with ya on highlands T275 is a funner bike on the jump trails cat scratch, hellion, NEstyle it getting a little big for me on the T275' I like the extra bike for saving my bacon. But Maiden Voyage and Threshold those are big bike trails.
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Im with ya on highlands T275 is a funner bike on the jump trails cat scratch, hellion, NEstyle it getting a little big for me on the T275' I like the extra bike for saving my bacon. But Maiden Voyage and Threshold those are big bike trails.
    So let me ask you this. I have not been DH mountain biking at a resort, I'm just an all mtb type trail rider but I want to get into DH. Would the t275 get me down a good deal of the trails at mtn creek, Killington, highland, etc.?

    Think it would be a good idea to ride that bike on my local trails and the bike parks for a couple of years as my DH skills increase or just get a dedicated DH rig. Reality is I'll only be hitting the bike parks a few times a year.

  51. #51
    Rb
    Rb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    After spending 3+ seasons on the Ibis Mojo HD/HD-R, switched to this:



    Large w/ "Pro" build kit.
    Swapped out the ZTR Flow EX for the Ibis 741 carbon fiber wheelset.
    + some random Deity flat pedals I had lying around

    = 28.46 lbs

    Stoked.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    412
    Nice build!!!
    I would really like to know your thoughts about how the T275 compares to the Mojo HDR. Give us a ride report when you have some time on the T275.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SLOracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rb View Post
    After spending 3+ seasons on the Ibis Mojo HD/HD-R, switched to this:




    Stoked.
    Wow - That is purdy....

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nightops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Rb View Post
    After spending 3+ seasons on the Ibis Mojo HD/HD-R, switched to this:


    I also went from and HD to the alloy version of the 275 cause i was excited the frame was still built here. That and I kind of wanted a vp style bike again like my vp free. Gonna do mt wilson tomorrow see how it holds up!

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by hespeler View Post
    So let me ask you this. I have not been DH mountain biking at a resort, I'm just an all mtb type trail rider but I want to get into DH. Would the t275 get me down a good deal of the trails at mtn creek, Killington, highland, etc.?

    Think it would be a good idea to ride that bike on my local trails and the bike parks for a couple of years as my DH skills increase or just get a dedicated DH rig. Reality is I'll only be hitting the bike parks a few times a year.
    I have a bunch of friends that have nomads(their only bike), and have passes at highlands. Their bikes or the T275 is a funner bike for the most part on the flow jump trail than a full on dh bike. That seems where most bike parks are heading, smooth and flowy. I have gone to killington and Sunday river with them and when trails got steep and deep, their fun turned into full survival mode, and they quickly became tired and scared.

    You defiantly want a burly wheel set and wheels if your hitting up a park once or twice a month and be prepared to have premature wear on your bike, bearing, bushing, brakes, ect. Also know if you want to progress in your riding you and your bike are going to at some point take some hits. I know these things are made to take a whack or two but the chances of throwing it down in a big pile of slimy rocks when all your doing is bombing dh laps goes up. You kind of give into that with your dh bike and you know thats what they are made for.

    If your want a barely use M9, pm me
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Rb View Post
    After spending 3+ seasons on the Ibis Mojo HD/HD-R, switched to this:



    Large w/ "Pro" build kit.
    Swapped out the ZTR Flow EX for the Ibis 741 carbon fiber wheelset.
    + some random Deity flat pedals I had lying around

    = 28.46 lbs

    Stoked.
    Very nice! Please give us a report on the wheels. I have been rocking some Derbys for a few months and love them. I'm going to build an other set, but I'm considering some 741s.






    This is from a few rides agoT275 picture thread-image.jpg
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  57. #57
    GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Reputation: pvflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Rb View Post
    After spending 3+ seasons on the Ibis Mojo HD/HD-R, switched to this:



    Large w/ "Pro" build kit.
    Swapped out the ZTR Flow EX for the Ibis 741 carbon fiber wheelset.
    + some random Deity flat pedals I had lying around

    = 28.46 lbs

    Stoked.
    Curious to hear ur feedback. I had a mojo and really like the suspension but not the flexy nature of the frame. I am a heavy rider.

    Very nice ride by the way.
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3
    T275 picture thread-manbike.jpg

    T275 picture thread-manbike-weight.jpg

    This is the end result of 3 months or so of obsessing over every little bit and piece on this thing. I'm loving this bike.

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by batdorf9 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manbike.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	914080

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manbike-weight.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	914081

    This is the end result of 3 months or so of obsessing over every little bit and piece on this thing. I'm loving this bike.
    Wow, that's a light build! Curious where did you save all the weight from what's your build up parts list?

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbasa View Post
    Wow, that's a light build! Curious where did you save all the weight from what's your build up parts list?
    Here's the stuff that's changed from the Pro build I started with:
    Shimano XTR Trail brakes
    Shimano RT99 180mm Freeza front centerlock rotor
    Shimano RT99 160mm Freeza rear rotor outer disc riveted to 6-bolt RT86 spider
    Race Face Next 35 760mm bars
    Race Face Atlas 35 50mm stem
    Light-Bicycle AM 35mm wide carbon rims, 28f/32r
    Sapim CX-Ray straight-pull spokes
    DT 350 straight-pull centerlock front hub
    Roval/DT 142+ rear hub w/ 36t ratchet, drive-side spacer machined to give 143.2mm total hub width and 0.025 clearance between chain and frame when in the 10t cog
    Sram X0 carbon crank
    Absolute Black narrow-wide spiderless ring
    Xpedo MF-8 Ti/Ti pedals
    WTB Volt Ti saddle
    Maxxis Ikon 2.35 rear and Ardent 2.4 front
    Woodman TC seatpost clamp
    Titanium bolts just about everywhere
    And a handful of other little stuff that adds up

    Fun stuff!

  61. #61
    I fix your broken ****!
    Reputation: Sam-IntenseCustServ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by batdorf9 View Post
    Here's the stuff that's changed from the Pro build I started with:
    Shimano XTR Trail brakes
    Shimano RT99 180mm Freeza front centerlock rotor
    Shimano RT99 160mm Freeza rear rotor outer disc riveted to 6-bolt RT86 spider
    Race Face Next 35 760mm bars
    Race Face Atlas 35 50mm stem
    Light-Bicycle AM 35mm wide carbon rims, 28f/32r
    Sapim CX-Ray straight-pull spokes
    DT 350 straight-pull centerlock front hub
    Roval/DT 142+ rear hub w/ 36t ratchet, drive-side spacer machined to give 143.2mm total hub width and 0.025 clearance between chain and frame when in the 10t cog
    Sram X0 carbon crank
    Absolute Black narrow-wide spiderless ring
    Xpedo MF-8 Ti/Ti pedals
    WTB Volt Ti saddle
    Maxxis Ikon 2.35 rear and Ardent 2.4 front
    Woodman TC seatpost clamp
    Titanium bolts just about everywhere
    And a handful of other little stuff that adds up

    Fun stuff!
    25.84 LB.... You win the award for lightest large T275C I've seen so far
    Sam Wilson
    Things & Stuff Specialist
    Beer Drinker
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    125
    Nice I ordered the Pro build Large frame. But i'm getting it shipped with the Fox rear shock, I plan to upgrade that to the Cane Creek DB Air Inline. I have a set of 31mm wide Carbon rims laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs and am going to swap out the Renthal light to the Carbon Light. Go tubeless. Are the tires you used light. I figure tires can add a lot of weight but yours are pretty large at 2.35 & 2.4?

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    25.84 LB.... You win the award for lightest large T275C I've seen so far
    Ha! That's awesome. What do I win?!? Seriously, this bike really kicks ass. I love it. Pretty fast going up, and absolutely stupid-fast coming down.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbasa View Post
    Nice I ordered the Pro build Large frame. But i'm getting it shipped with the Fox rear shock, I plan to upgrade that to the Cane Creek DB Air Inline. I have a set of 31mm wide Carbon rims laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs and am going to swap out the Renthal light to the Carbon Light. Go tubeless. Are the tires you used light. I figure tires can add a lot of weight but yours are pretty large at 2.35 & 2.4?
    I'd be curious to ride with the CCDBIL as well, though I'm not $500 curious.

    Yes, these tires are lighter than the stock HR ii's. The HR's are really grippy though. HR ii weigh 895g each (advertised weight). My Ardent 2.4 is 765g measured and my Ikon 2.35 is 735g measured. The Ikon is really fast rolling, and I think it makes for an excellent rear tire. I suspect a Schwalbe Rock Razor would be similar. The Ikon made a really big difference in speed on the bike for flats and climbs on the trail. I'm a tad disappointed in the grip of the Ardent up front compared to the HR so far. It rolls faster and is lighter though. It's also a bit rounder, and might be better on the wide rims (the HR is a bit more square-ish). I will likely try a Specialized Butcher Control up front sometime down the road.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    125
    I just demoed the Tracer yesterday to see how the bike would perform. Man this bike ripps! I managed to throw down 25 miles on my local trails at El Morro in SoCal. This bike is so fast down that I PR'd several trails without even trying! I just floats down chunder and builds speed so quickly! I was blown away! I demoed a large Pro build and it weighed 29lbs with pedals. Which is much better than the 33+lbs of my current Enduro SL. But I hope with carbon wheels, different tires, carbon bar and DB inline I will get the figure down to 27 or so pounds. Because we have such steep climbs in El Morro I'm also go into put a Race Face 28 tooth front sprocket and maybe ride the bike in the 145mm rear setting. Then when I go to Mammoth I can adjust to the 160mm setting.

    I currently use Specialized Butcher Control up front and Pugatory Control back for tires on my Enduro. They seem to work very well don't weigh too much so they may be a good option on the Tracer.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    125

    New Tracer T275

    Just picked this up yesterday!

    Large Pro Build, swapped out the wheels for some wide AM Carbon Rims by Racing Inc laced to DT Swiss 350 hubs. Weighs 27.51lbs. Not Bad? Did a 15 mile ride this morning. Bike crushes it!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-image.jpg  


  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,896
    Quote Originally Posted by batdorf9 View Post
    ...I'd be curious to ride with the CCDBIL as well, though I'm not $500 curious....
    Street pricing is under $400

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111
    Are there any stickers on these bikes or are the different colours/patterns all paint? I've not had the opportunity to see one in person, apologies if its a silly question.

  68. #68
    Dude, got any schwag?
    Reputation: TheSchwagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    841
    Not silly. It's paint.
    Billy

    Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

  69. #69
    Rb
    Rb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,627

    Luge



    This bike crushes. Also, 'murica.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rgeniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    259

    Dropper routing on your tracer 275c

    I routed my KS LEV dropper through the front deraueller cable hole in the frame. NO EXTERNAL CABLES - very clean looking and easy to wipe bike down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-fullsizerender.jpg  


  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by rgeniec View Post
    I routed my KS LEV dropper through the front deraueller cable hole in the frame. NO EXTERNAL CABLES - very clean looking and easy to wipe bike down.
    What rear tire is that, is it a spec?
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rgeniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    259
    Schwalbe Rock Razor. Just came out.

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    412
    I love the Rock Razor. Been riding them for a couple months now.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manitou2200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,792
    Quote Originally Posted by rgeniec View Post
    I routed my KS LEV dropper through the front deraueller cable hole in the frame. NO EXTERNAL CABLES - very clean looking and easy to wipe bike down.
    Nice detail there with the Lev! I like!! I'm going to do the same thing on my new Spider Comp. I wish the internal routing on these Intense carbon bikes was a little cleaner and in the DT and ST. Let's see the rest of your T275.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    137
    OOH RAH and Semper Fi

    This bike crushes. Also, 'murica.[/QUOTE]

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    206

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Colin+M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,948
    Brrraaapppppp!!!!

  78. #78
    Rb
    Rb is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,627

    Whippin' my T275


  79. #79
    wheelie king
    Reputation: 661lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    590
    Nice!!!!

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111
    I am under the impression one can alter the rear travel of this bike to either 140mm or 160mm. What is the difference between the two positions? Aside from the obvious "20mm" answer, does the geometry change? Why would one choose one over the other? Thanks!

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Colin+M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,948
    Geometry doesn't change. Shorter travel is firmer overall.

  82. #82
    GOD SPEED # 58 RIP
    Reputation: pvflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarybikes View Post

    Really nice build. Have U weight it yet?
    "My GREATEST FEAR is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them."

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Colin+M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,948
    I believe he said 27 and change.

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7
    Can anyone help me with sizing? I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I'm normally right on the split between medium and large. For those that are my size or close enough, what length stems are you running? Also, what is the real stand over height on these frames, is it really in the 31" range?

    I'm currently on a medium Stumpjumper fsr 29er and love the stand over but would like a longer top tube and shorter stem. Not sure what the factory bikes are coming with stem wise but would love to know that as well.

    My apologies for the rambling post.

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by acohoon View Post
    Can anyone help me with sizing? I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I'm normally right on the split between medium and large. For those that are my size or close enough, what length stems are you running? Also, what is the real stand over height on these frames, is it really in the 31" range?

    I'm currently on a medium Stumpjumper fsr 29er and love the stand over but would like a longer top tube and shorter stem. Not sure what the factory bikes are coming with stem wise but would love to know that as well.

    My apologies for the rambling post.
    I'm 5'10" with a 32" bike inseam. I also have long 34/35 arms (dress shirt length). On a medium frame I would require a set-back seat post as well as having the seat slammed all the way back;plus a relatively long stem. The large works for me with a 70mm stem (though I am interested in trying a 55mm with some wider bars).

    edit: I just went a measured my large frame and the lowest point on the top tube is 27.5"

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7
    Thank you very much. My arms are not quite as long as yours but I was planning on a shorter stem as well.

    Any other input for other riders is appreciated.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111
    I think the large may work for you based on your leg length. I found that to align myself properly with the crank I had to be waaaay back (set-back post and having the seat all the way back on the rails). I'm not sure if putting a longer crank would fix that issue, perhaps individuals more knowledgeable than I can chime in on that aspect. The large just feels right to me, and that's the most important part, I think at least.

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,425

    T275 picture thread

    Well I went to my friends shop this morning and the next thing I know he's telling me to take his bike away for a week to see how I like it, he claimed the shop was too full and it was in his way! Who am I to argue?!... 😃


  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    111
    I'm certainly no photographer...

    T275 picture thread-ttw8cbv.jpg
    T275 picture thread-xhe4ovc.jpg

  90. #90
    I am Specialized
    Reputation: tp806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Well I went to my friends shop this morning and the next thing I know he's telling me to take his bike away for a week to see how I like it, he claimed the shop was too full and it was in his way! Who am I to argue?!... 😃
    So James, what is your review of the new Tracer T275c? How did you like it?

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,425

    T275 picture thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    So James, what is your review of the new Tracer T275c? How did you like it?
    Sorry yeah, I really liked it a lot on the down hills, probably the fastest thing I've experienced there. Not so quick on the ups but it's certainly was no slouch either.

    What it ultimately boils down to is fit though and unfortunately it was just a bit too tall in the seat tube for me in size large and in medium it would be too short.

    Awesome awesome bike though!

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Sorry yeah, I really liked it a lot on the down hills, probably the fastest thing I've experienced there. Not so quick on the ups but it's certainly was no slouch either.

    What it ultimately boils down to is fit though and unfortunately it was just a bit too tall in the seat tube for me in size large and in medium it would be too short.

    Awesome awesome bike though!
    Greg's bike eh!

    How can the large be too big and the med be to small? I have a medium and it's fits perfectly for me but Greg's did feel to big you must be some strange size

    I'm trying to sell mine now and looks like no one has the money or they don't understand how good the bike is

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Just J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,425

    T275 picture thread

    Quote Originally Posted by stejam View Post
    Greg's bike eh!

    How can the large be too big and the med be to small? I have a medium and it's fits perfectly for me but Greg's did feel to big you must be some strange size

    I'm trying to sell mine now and looks like no one has the money or they don't understand how good the bike is
    Yup Greg's bike. Best bike shop around.

    Yeah I've got long arms so like a long top tube but prefer my seat tube to be around the 18.5" mark. I'm 5 ft 11 and this kind of height is often an inbetweener size.

    Treks fit me perfectly though so that's what I've gone with for the next fs.

    Why are you selling your tracer?

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Yup Greg's bike. Best bike shop around.

    Yeah I've got long arms so like a long top tube but prefer my seat tube to be around the 18.5" mark. I'm 5 ft 11 and this kind of height is often an inbetweener size.

    Treks fit me perfectly though so that's what I've gone with for the next fs.

    Why are you selling your tracer?
    I'm just not using it and I ride my spider 29 comp all the time

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    102
    So I bought a Carbine when they were first released in a small and built it up as a lighter trail bike. However, I am 5'9" and ever since I built it, it felt small. I bought a small since my DH bike is a small and super fun. I recently built a medium hardtail 29er and it feels perfect on the trails. That and this thread convinced me I should pick up a medium.

    Since the T275 has more travel and suppose to be a little stronger than the Carbine, I convinced my wife I can replace my SS2 (which I primarily use on flowy, jumpy trails at the local bike park) and the Carbine with a one medium T275. Price Point has the frames on sale so I picked one up. Now I need to sell my SS2 and Carbine pronto!

    I'll post pics of the T275 some time

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Andrew8404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    709

    Re: T275 picture thread

    Here is mine with matchy red decals. T275 picture thread-uploadfromtaptalk1419705121125.jpg

    Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Come on guys lets set more pics, I'm buried in snow up here I need to see the bike on some dirt!



    This is from my last ride on her, the day before thanksgiving
    T275 picture thread-image.jpg
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    626
    I had been posting in the other Tracer 275 Thread:

    T275 picture thread-scalerotors.jpgT275 picture thread-papoose-013.jpg

    T275 picture thread-river-trail-012.jpg

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    67
    As far as I saw, this is the 1rst XL posted. Weighed in at 27.02. T275 picture thread-image.jpg

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vice grips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1029 View Post
    As far as I saw, this is the 1rst XL posted. Weighed in at 27.02. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	968888
    Ya think its the first one I've seen, very nice! Whats the wheel set? Derby rims? 27 lbs is crazy light for what kind of bike it is and size
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Picture Thread!
    By iheartbicycles in forum Beer Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 11:39 AM
  2. 2014 Picture Thread
    By Ciclistagonzo in forum Ventana
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-29-2014, 04:47 PM
  3. CDT picture Thread: Foo & Fam
    By Mtn. Biker123 in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 02:30 PM
  4. Then and now picture thread.
    By jeff in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 01:30 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •