Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Not Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    Might as well share my rig too! Testing out this Fox rear shock at the moment.

Attachment 900668
    Woah Sam, being a "Jack of all trades" clearly pays off! 😀👍
    2015 Trek Remedy 9.9 27.5" on the way!
    2015 Trek Farley 8
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2014 Cove Hummer 650bj29

Code:

Instagram

mtbr member
    Might as well share my rig too! Testing out this Fox rear shock at the moment.

Attachment 900668
    Looking good Sam, i do have a stealth that came with the bike. I wanted a 150mm tho and i have a few Reverbs kicking in 31.6 I need to get on that!
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    cleanest dropper cable routing is to use the KS Lev (because the cable attaches at the base) and run the cable through the top tube and straight to seatpost clamp area. that way there is no cable/hose on the downtube to only have a small amount contained for the stealth...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Here's mine. Slaying trails down under. This thing is off the charts, 12.6kg (27.72 lbs) as you see it in these images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-img_8451.jpg  

T275 picture thread-img_8460_2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Monza_Aus View Post
    Here's mine. Slaying trails down under. This thing is off the charts, 12.6kg (27.72 lbs) as you see it in these images.
    Beautiful! Are you running the same tires?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hey all

Very nice bikes indeed. Planning my next build and now I'm on the tires. Can any of you measure the clearance in the triangle, and fork if you have a Pike? The conditions around here (mid Norway) is typical high roller II exo/3c. Wondering if the new 2.4" will fit.

Thanks in advance.
    A day in the mountains with a bike is like paradise only better

I fix your broken ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyzeta View Post
    Hey all

Very nice bikes indeed. Planning my next build and now I'm on the tires. Can any of you measure the clearance in the triangle, and fork if you have a Pike? The conditions around here (mid Norway) is typical high roller II exo/3c. Wondering if the new 2.4" will fit.

Thanks in advance.
    Maxxis HR II 27.5x2.4" will clear the Pike as well as the rear triangle no problem, I've ran that quite a bit.
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Maxxis HR II 27.5x2.4" will clear the Pike as well as the rear triangle no problem, I've ran that quite a bit.
    Thanks for the feedback. The final pieces has fallen into place. Now over to the thrill of ordering everything
    A day in the mountains with a bike is like paradise only better

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vice grips View Post
    Beautiful! Are you running the same tires?
    Yes I am still running these tyres, apart from the weight I love them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Size small, nekid carbon, Pike, DB, 1x11. It took few rounds to get it to climb (90% body weight for air pressure seems to be just about perfect). Down - it's fast. Make sure to bed the brakes in before your first ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T275 picture thread-intense.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Any comparison between the Uzzi and t275 when it comes to high speed dh and rocky stuff? Which would you choose

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I rode a 2011 Uzzi last weekend and also own a T275. The Uzzi is awesome on the DH but is beast to climb. The Uzzi had a RS Monarch on the rear and was in the short travel mode so it climbed better but I'd say I would go with the T275. It decends as well as the UZZi and is stiffer/ lighter and more versatile. I owned a Uzzi a couple of years back and it was my one bike to do everything so I climbed on it daily but it was a lot more weight than I want to haul up the hill. It came in at around 31.5 lbs. too so it was built pretty light. My T275 weighs 27.5 lbs. and is stiffer and more efficient and versatile. The T275 does great in the rough/ chunk. There seems to be enough travel to handle the steeps and chunk yet it still climbs great. Still love the Uzzi though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

mtbr member
    Nice!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I dig the nude frame, especially how well it matches with the graphis on the pike. Kinda how the spider comp looks like the color scheme was pulled right from a fox 34.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    How are the press fit bottom brackets going along?no creaky bb's yet??

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have been riding my T275 since early April with NO issues. I also had a Carbine for 2 years with NO issues.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thinking of selling my 29er and doing an XT build on a Tracer 275 and making a one bike quiver. Would the Tracer be good for local trails and lift served days at Mountaincreek and other bike parks in the Northeast or would I be better off with a full on DH rig?

I'm an aggressive trail rider and want to start getting into lift served DH as well.

I fix your broken ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by hespeler View Post
    Thinking of selling my 29er and doing an XT build on a Tracer 275 and making a one bike quiver. Would the Tracer be good for local trails and lift served days at Mountaincreek and other bike parks in the Northeast or would I be better off with a full on DH rig?

I'm an aggressive trail rider and want to start getting into lift served DH as well.
    I ended up selling my DH bike once I built my carbon Tracer 275. Such a capable bike both up and down. Just used it at Intensapalooza at Mammoth mountain and it took everything I could throw at it. Obviously it will not ride like a full on DH bike at the bike park, but it is definitely a "one bike to do it all" style rig
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I ended up selling my DH bike once I built my carbon Tracer 275. Such a capable bike both up and down. Just used it at Intensapalooza at Mammoth mountain and it took everything I could throw at it. Obviously it will not ride like a full on DH bike at the bike park, but it is definitely a "one bike to do it all" style rig
    I would agree with Sam. The T275 does great at lift served DHing. Keep in mind though that a light weight build that works well for climbing and XC/ Trail riding will probably not hold up well fro lift served DHing. Consider having a heavier tire/ wheel setup for the DH days. The frame will handle just fine as long as there arent a lot of rocks that could be kicked up and impact the frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    [QUOTE=Ridnw/bear;11327569]I would agree with Sam. The T275 does great at lift served DHing. Keep in mind though that a light weight build that works well for climbing and XC/ Trail riding will probably not hold up well fro lift served DHing. Consider having a heavier tire/ wheel setup for the DH days. The frame will handle just fine as long as there arent a lot of rocks that could be kicked up and impact the frame.[/

Great thanks! Would it be better to use the CCDB rear shock option if I want it to pull double duty at a bike park or is the fox shock ok? Also I would probably go with a Fox Float 34 160mm up front.

Are there any 27.5 wheels being made specific for DH right now? When I was looking at DH bikes I considered the Spank Race wheel set.

I'd be getting the aluminum frame. I read one review that said rear tire clearance is very tight. That could be an issue if I want to set it up with some DH tires. Anyone have issues with that?

Also, will the XT componentry hold up for DH as well? I would probably get 203mm rotors for the DH specific wheels.

Any other things I should consider for the build if I go this route? Maybe a bash guard? Are they easy to remove if I'm just hitting some local trails?
    Last edited by hespeler; 07-16-2014 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    If your getting the aluminum tracer, I would defiantly get the ddcc shock. Also an angle set so you can slacken that thing out. I would stick to the pike or new 36, the 34 felt too wimpy.

I'm still no the fence about selling my m9 since I got my t275. It's such a capable bike going dh. That being said, I wouldn't be flying down some our nasty dh trails we have a attitash, killington or sunday river. I'm sure I could ride those trails on my t275, it would be more about surviving and not about having fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    If your getting the aluminum tracer, I would defiantly get the ddcc shock. Also an angle set so you can slacken that thing out. I would stick to the pike or new 36, the 34 felt too wimpy.

I'm still no the fence about selling my m9 since I got my t275. It's such a capable bike going dh. That being said, I wouldn't be flying down some our nasty dh trails we have a attitash, killington or sunday river. I'm sure I could ride those trails on my t275, it would be more about surviving and not about having fun.
    Really? I would be using the t275 for some trips to Killington from time to time. Highland too. I guess there's a point where the t275 will feel overmatched?

Ugh. The one or two bike quiver is such a tough decision. I think the t275 is so sexy and am really trying to rationalize getting one. But I'm a Long Island flat lander with a decent amount of riding in Westchester, NY which has more elevation but definitely still a XC bias.

Going to the bike parks is an effort to find more elevation...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hespeler View Post
    Really? I would be using the t275 for some trips to Killington from time to time. Highland too. I guess there's a point where the t275 will feel overmatched?

Ugh. The one or two bike quiver is such a tough decision. I think the t275 is so sexy and am really trying to rationalize getting one. But I'm a Long Island flat lander with a decent amount of riding in Westchester, NY which has more elevation but definitely still a XC bias.

Going to the bike parks is an effort to find more elevation...
    Im with ya on highlands T275 is a funner bike on the jump trails cat scratch, hellion, NEstyle it getting a little big for me on the T275' I like the extra bike for saving my bacon. But Maiden Voyage and Threshold those are big bike trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Im with ya on highlands T275 is a funner bike on the jump trails cat scratch, hellion, NEstyle it getting a little big for me on the T275' I like the extra bike for saving my bacon. But Maiden Voyage and Threshold those are big bike trails.
    So let me ask you this. I have not been DH mountain biking at a resort, I'm just an all mtb type trail rider but I want to get into DH. Would the t275 get me down a good deal of the trails at mtn creek, Killington, highland, etc.?

Think it would be a good idea to ride that bike on my local trails and the bike parks for a couple of years as my DH skills increase or just get a dedicated DH rig. Reality is I'll only be hitting the bike parks a few times a year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast