mtbr member
    Mar 2011

T275 as a "one bike"?

Hello! I was wondering if any of you guys with some time on the new t275 could comment on its place as a one bike for everything? I am considering selling both my bikes (Ibis Ripley and Knolly Chilcotin) for this guy, as the Ripley doesnt do what I want it to and the Chili is just too much bike and only gets minimal ride time these days. I test rode the t275 and was impressed...

Do any of you guys have any long rides (20+ miles) with lots of climbing? Would it function well in this role? If so, I think it may be perfect!
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Yes the t275 "is the one" bike! There's bikes that climb better and maybe go down hill better(I'm not sure I've ridden one, I'm selling my m9) but i bet there aren't to many bikes that do both better. I rode a chilli this winter in SCal, it was ok but I would rather have the t275 for the dh.

If you get the CC DB CS you just have to set it up to your needs. The first few rides my rear shock was set up more forgoing down hill, and it wasn't the best climber. I have it pretty dialed now and it climbs almost as good as some of my favorite climbing bikes but still kills the downs.

I do long xc ride where i dont justify having this much bike, but it keeps up just fine. I just built a light weight carbon wheel set, thats only going to make it climb better.

But get back to your original question, if I could only have one bike, this is one of the few i would pick
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks vice grips! Have you ridden it in 140 mode? I was thinking I could sell both my bike and have the t275 and at some point get a 140 fork for long xc days...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by getupgetdown View Post
    Thanks vice grips! Have you ridden it in 140 mode? I was thinking I could sell both my bike and have the t275 and at some point get a 140 fork for long xc days...
    Um ya i have only ridden it in short travel. I'll try riding it in 160mm soon, just having a great time with it how it is. I'm not sure a 140 fork would produce good geo for this bike, here in the northeast the bb might be a hire on the low side, i wouldn't want it any lower

mtbr member
    Vice Grips I'm in the NE too. How do you find the T275 on the rocky sections of trail with repeated square edged hits? Does it handle the chunk ok and does it get hung up ever? I've had a Pivot Mach 5.7c and I always found it got hung up. Whereas my chilcotin and Mojo HD with custom tuned shock don't. OP,sorry for the hijack.

mtbr member
    My T2-275 convert is the most versatile rig I have ever ridden. Like others have said, it's not necessarily superb at any one aspect, but does everything really well and super fun at the same time. It has been through the ringer at Mammoth and some local rides, but has never flintched at anything I've thrown at it. If I could only have one ride this would be the one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    Vice Grips I'm in the NE too. How do you find the T275 on the rocky sections of trail with repeated square edged hits? Does it handle the chunk ok and does it get hung up ever? I've had a Pivot Mach 5.7c and I always found it got hung up. Whereas my chilcotin and Mojo HD with custom tuned shock don't. OP,sorry for the hijack.
    Well for starters the 27.5 tires help with rolling over chunk. Maybe at low speed you can still get a little bit hung up, but i haven't ridden a bike that was really that much better, i rode a chilcotin a few days and didn't think it was better. The one ride on the HD was on some of the jump lines at highlands.

If you want to make a trip to central NH, you are welcome to put a lap on the T275

@trojan I'm with ya, the tracer2 is by far one of the best bikes out there, BUT in my mind its a completely different bike