mtbr member

T275 - Monarch or CCDB?

I'm pretty stoked to be picking up a T275C soon. Looking at the shock options what is the difference between the Monarch or the CCDB? This will be primarily an all-mtn bike. Sounds like the CCDB is more for the bike park. Thoughts? Suggestions? Is it worth the extra cash for the CCDB?
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Id like to know this also.

mtbr member
    FYI - I called Customer Service at Intense and they suggested the Monarch for an all purpose shock and the CCDB for park. They said ideally you'd want both and to swap out based on what you're doing. I'm getting the Monarch - reviews seem to be good for All-Mtn
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have the CCDB air in my carbine 26er, I got the CCBD after my fox rear shox blew up, I love this shox a lot even that i do not do park ride, but I have not use the rockshox. I personally think you won't go wrong with either of these two shoxs

Cesar

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have the CCDB Air on my Tracer 275 and it's amazing with pedal switch. Such a good shock when you take your time setting it up.

mtbr member
    Does anyone have time on both the CCDB air and Monarch... on a Tracer?

mtbr member
    I got a Monarch + RC3 DebonAir for my Bronson (similar to T275).

The Monarch is user serviceable, where the Cane Creek products have to back to them... That saves $150 a year.

I was able to order the exact tune I wanted (M/L), so the RC3's adjustments will be fine for me.
    '14 Bronson C
    '12 Tallboy A (for sale)
    '13 DB Mason 29er/650b+
    '13 SC Juliana 650b'd (wife's)

mtbr member
    What about the CCDB inline?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Heya

hands down the Monarch. Just as Intense stated, it is the winner for trail...

Josh

WheelBanger
    Jun 2010
    The DB inline is different than the DB air with reservoir. Either shock will work just find on any 6" travel bike, although the DB air is better suited for bigger bikes and gnarlier trails. The DB inline was made for 5"-6" trail/ all-mtn bikes with the same 4 way adjustability and higher oil volume. Plus it's a good 200 grams lighter. The Cane creek do take more effort to set up and find that sweet spot for your bikes suspension, but it's worth it. I had a Monarch RT3 on my Carbine 275 before switching to the DB inline and it was a great shock, work very well overall. I liked it better than the Fox CTD Kashima that came with the frame. taking the time to dial in either shock, Monarch or CCDB, you wouldn't be unhappy with either.

Long Travel Lover
    I have a CCDBairCS on my Carbine 29 and it's been great. A lot to pay attention to at first dialing it in but now I can make quick little changes for different riding if I want and the CS helps it pedal as well or better than any platform shock. So the trade-off is weight, cost, and initial set-up but the ride is sublime.
    Had a nice long trail demo on the T275 with the Monarch this week - amazing bike. The shock was super easy to set up, just set sag with the help of the shaft gradients, bounce it a little to check rebound, and go ride. Rode almost as well as my dialed Carbine out of the gate - very impressed. The extra weight and cost of the CCDB is still worth it to me as I enjoy fiddling but I don't think the Monarch would let you down.
    Big Wheels and Fat Skis keep me young.

mtbr member
    What air pressures for what weight are you guys running on the Monarch?

Im 175 lb and find 150-160 psi works the best so far.

mtbr member
    I haven't even ridden my new Tracer and the Monarch is already dripping... awesome.

Stupid is, as stupid does
    Can anyone please post some base settings for the CCDBA CS. The Cane Creek website only has a tune for the inline shock on the T275
    Pivot Mach 6
    Yeti SB95C
    1993 Brodie Expresso-For Sale
    RIP 1997 Santa Cruz Heckler.In 2010 the frame cracked

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    No, go to the pinkbike review, and click in from there.....here, I'll do it for you. It's been on there for months.

Here's the review.... Intense Tracer 275 Carbon - Review - Pinkbike

then when you scroll down you find your settings. whew....that was hard. CC should fix that glitch so you don't have to go in through this review, but you should also read up as much as possible before you buy the ferrari of bikes!

Here they are! and they work killer.
    Cane Creek DBAIR Suspension Base Tunes
    enter in your Intense, T275, 2015 and you'll com up with:
    .75 hsc
    5 clicks lsc
    2 hsr
    12 lsr

17 mm sag
    i weigh 205 with my pack and i put 190 psi in. around 17-18mm sag. I just use my thumb to eyeball it as it's about 18 mm across

I added a quarter turn more hsr (so 2.25 hsr) to keep the bike neutral off gap jumps and a click less of lsr (so 10-11 clicks lsr) to make it more poppy.

Again, I'm not trying to be a complete dick, as i don't know why you can't just go through cane creeks website to do this, but I read a **** ton before I bought the bike and found this. Enjoy.
    mark
    Last edited by markcjr; 6 Days Ago at 02:28 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kntr View Post
    I haven't even ridden my new Tracer and the Monarch is already dripping... awesome.
    Mine dripped a little too when I first got it. But now it's fine. I think when they are brand new there is xtra oil on them. After a few rides it'll be fine.

mtbr member
    I have been using this for the ccdb CS
    HSC 1.5 turns in
    HSR 1.5 turns in
    LSC 12 clicks in
    LSR 18 clicks in

17-20mm of sag

I posted on the other page too
    Once you go slack, you never go back!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    The base tune for the CCDBAirCS is right there on the site.

HSC: 0.75
    LSC: 5
    HSR: 2
    LSR: 12

For me, I added two clicks of LSC (7) and haven't touched it otherwise. It's perfect. Cane Creek recommends a starting psi of your weight, minus twenty pounds. This was spot on for 17mm sag.