Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Stem size Q for a 2008 Tracer Vp

I am 5'10 inseam-30 inch.The Tracer Vp I ordered comes with a 100mm titec stem. AKA the XT build kit from Intense. My 2008 spec Enduro expert med frame- stem is a 80mm What are some of the sizes you guys are running? I was looking at the Thomson X4 O/S stems. sizes 50mm or 90mm any tips from you guys. My Tracer Vp I will be running a 36 Fox Talas 2009 1.5 RC2. I was thinking of going with the 50mm stem. I like a short stem but is this to short? from Johnny.G

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    hi, out ofinterest what frame did you go with? i'm 5'11" with a 30 inch inseam...

mtbr member
    2008 Tracer Vp size med color red works. from Johnny.G

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I went with the 80mm Syncros 1.5 stem. 50mm sounds short to me.

mtbr member
    if you compare the two effective top tube lengths on both bikes, you can get an idea of how long/short a stem you will need.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    75mm stem is perfect in the 6" setting with a 160mm travel fork. 90mm in the 5.5" with a 140mm travel fork

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm running a Thomson 100mm, 0 degree rise slammed all the way down. I'm riding a medium frame. I'm 5'10" with a 32 1/2 inseam.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Your kinda limiting your choices by using a 1.5 fork, at present the thomson X4 is only available in a 45mm with a 1.5 steerer

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Rob
    Your kinda limiting your choices by using a 1.5 fork, at present the thomson X4 is only available in a 45mm with a 1.5 steerer
    This is correct, the Thomson X4 1.5 stem maxes out at 45mm. The Synchros AM Stem comes in 80mm, which is what I ordered with my 36 TALAS 1.5.

mtbr member
    I'm 5ft 11" and running a 90mm minimal rise on a medium Tracer. I guess it's largely down to where you're most comfortable on the bike. Personally I think that anything over
    100mm is overkill on any trail bike.

Like TKBlazer said; measure the effective TT from your last bike and add or subtract accordingly. For instance; my last bike was a Nomad with a 23.3" TT and I was using an 80mm stem, the Tracer is around 7mm shorter, so I went with a 90mm.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, Is there anyone on this forum who hasn't ordered a Tracer in Works Red? Just curious;-)

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    ^^ I ordered a white one

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feed back. I will most likely go with a 75mm or 80mm stem thanks again. from Johnny.G

It's a love/ hate thing
    I'm running a Thomson 50mm. Works great for me. Just depends on what you do on the bike. Me, I want to be able to out climb the XC dudes and out descend the DH guys. (That's the general idea, anyway.)

I also went with the works raw. I'm stoked on the bike, other than the rear shock always bottoming out harshly on hard hits. After speaking with Chad at Intense, it sounds like I will need to have the shock pushed for my more aggressive style of riding, although John V at X-Fusion said they are looking into building a shock just for this bike. That sounds very interesting to me.

here's mine:
    http://www.ihatebikes.net/home/index...tracer-vp.html

mtbr member
    I ended up going with the same size and stem the Thomson gotta say its mint. I hear you on the rear shock. I am going to have my stock shock RP-23 pushed and my next Tracer Vpp I am going to get the CCDB. P.S nice bike. What kind of fork is that? Until you get your RP-23 pushed try running more air in it. I found this helped allot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pbr
    I'm running a Thomson 50mm. Works great for me. Just depends on what you do on the bike. Me, I want to be able to out climb the XC dudes and out descend the DH guys. (That's the general idea, anyway.)

I also went with the works raw. I'm stoked on the bike, other than the rear shock always bottoming out harshly on hard hits. After speaking with Chad at Intense, it sounds like I will need to have the shock pushed for my more aggressive style of riding, although John V at X-Fusion said they are looking into building a shock just for this bike. That sounds very interesting to me.

here's mine:
    http://www.ihatebikes.net/home/index...tracer-vp.html

Hi, did you fix the problem with the screw scratching by the chain when you use the 22/34?

Is anyone know when intense will produce them ??

got the same bike

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    If your chain is rubbing you just replace the standard C Clip bolt with a flush bolt and that will fix the issue (I did on mine). Intense will send you a flush bolt if yours is rubbing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider
    If your chain is rubbing you just replace the standard C Clip bolt with a flush bolt and that will fix the issue (I did on mine). Intense will send you a flush bolt if yours is rubbing.

yes is rubbing, and I have no news from the shop !!!

so I wrote a mail to Mr intense...waiting now.

could you please post a photo of the "replacement"?

thank

Botox User
    Aug 2008
    I'm still waiting on my replacement bolt too
    09 Tracer VP - "wtf, am I hovering?"

Lets ride

DHX Air

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG 1970
    I ended up going with the same size and stem the Thomson gotta say its mint. I hear you on the rear shock. I am going to have my stock shock RP-23 pushed and my next Tracer Vpp I am going to get the CCDB. P.S nice bike. What kind of fork is that? Until you get your RP-23 pushed try running more air in it. I found this helped allot.

So is anyone running a DHX Air? would that help the problem? I am thinking of getting a Tracer next week and was looking into having the DHX air insted of the RP23.

mtbr member
    Please read this before getting the DHX air 5.0. When I spoke to fox about the stock RP-23 on the Tracer Vpp and how plush it is. I had asked them-fox would I be better off with a 2009-DHX 5.0 air the answer was no that shock- DHX air 5.0 is even more plush than the RP-23. My advice would be have your RP-23 push if after riding it and playing around with the settings if your not happy with it. or get the Rock Shock Monarch 4.2 7.875x2.25/200x57mm or get the Crane-creek-double barrel but that's a $500.00 up grade to the stock Tracer Vpp frame. My self I am going to buy the RS-Monarch rear shock.For my next Tracer Vpp I will either get the RS-Monarch or the CCDB. P.S I am glad I called Fox because I to was thinking of getting the DHX air 5.0.

mtbr member
    Contact the place you got your bike from. Have them call Intense. Intense will then get the new flush bolt out to you.

mtbr member
    They-Intense are waiting on a fresh batch of bolts to come in. It shouldn't be to long.

mtbr member
    Intense said they should be getting the bolts in soon. Did you have the place you got your bike from contact Intense about the bolt for you? Thats what I did.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I have contacted the shop already and they said that intense will send them a set when it would be ready.
    But some of them have already send to tracer vp's owner on MTBR !
    Mr intense did not answer to my message yet !
    and it is about three weeks by now, it started to get on my nerve...
    it is really amazing to buy a frame that needs a modification before the first ride !
    I am still happy and excited to own this bike, it is really unexpected.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG 1970
    They-Intense are waiting on a fresh batch of bolts to come in. It shouldn't be to long.
    that's a good news

be patient !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast