mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Spider Photo album

Hi, I just bought a Spider FRO frameset and I wanted it to post it in this forum but there are no threads so far, so I will start one.... Why dont you show us your Intense Spider FRO??
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    A real beauty mate, congratulations and enjoy.

mtbr member
    Very nice one !!!! But there should be a topic somewhere.

mtbr member

Very Nice!!!

Nice build and kit on that sucka...I hope you race it. I would've loved to race on that bike 8 years when I was cross-country racing.
    It would've made some of the pain and torture a bit easier. Now I have a Socom and a 5.5 and racing is better...I just go straight friggin' down
    It must weigh like 4 pounds or so...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The bike is meant for the Transmexicana in February, thats our mexican version of the Transrockies jaja, it goes all the way from the Pacific to the Atlantic in 7 days so I had to have very light and efficient bike, i tought in my hardtail but I dont think my back could handle it. I havent weighted yet but it isnt that light because the frame was a lot heavier than the claimed weight (about 2.5 kilos ) but it should be around 11 kilos with the xtr wheels, anyway I loved it, not as fast as my HT but way more comfortable.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Now I have a Socom and a 5.5 and racing is better...I just go straight friggin' down

LOL, brilliant! Keep 'er lit mate

adn
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    10.12kg. :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by adn
    10.12kg. :-)

Thats a beauty mate, when you get some time post up some ride reports. Keep er lit

Ride Hard, Ride Fast!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimborello
    Hi, I just bought a Spider FRO frameset and I wanted it to post it in this forum but there are no threads so far, so I will start one.... Why dont you show us your Intense Spider FRO??
    Love the Pearl White. My 5.5 is almost the same set-up. I cant wait to get my Spider FRO... (in raw though )

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger
    Love the Pearl White. My 5.5 is almost the same set-up. I cant wait to get my Spider FRO... (in raw though )
    Hey HardCharger, post up some photos of your Spider FRO (Works) when it arrives buddy. Keep the Spider FRO's coming everyone they all look fantastic. Do a search on Mike Vines this guy also races the Spider for XTERRA, very impressive athlete.

smashed
    Jul 2008
    Hi everyone, I saw this thread for 'post your spider' I see it is only for FROs. Have just finished building mine, but it is not a FRO so is there another thread where I can post it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Hey there kirjo, Spider FRO or XVP post your pics and any ride reports. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Heres my old style spider build

mtbr member
    Looks great!! Why old style??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mudpup
    Heres my old style spider build

Where did you get that chainstay wrap ?
    RTW.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthewelder
    Where did you get that chainstay wrap ?
    RTW.
    Its by Bike Ribbon i think - gives you an extra gear on your mates!! (God knows i need a few)
    Old style as in not the new version.

|i|
    I thought I'd revive this album from the dead - the Spider FRO seems to be a relatively unappreciated bike around here. Just bought it used in great condition - built up to a little over 23 pounds. It's ridiculously fast - the fastest bike I've ever ridden. Great suspension and handling. Best bike I've ever owned.

Trek 6000-Planet X-SC Heckler-Turner Burner-Indy Fab-Ventana El Comandante-Cannondale Rize-Intense Spider-C'dale F29 Carbon

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Very nice! I'm thinking of upgrading my Spider XVP to one of these.

What size is that frame and do you happen to know the weight of it?

mtbr member
    Looks like a Large to me.Absolutely gorgeous btw

|i|
    Quote Originally Posted by ozonepro
    Very nice! I'm thinking of upgrading my Spider XVP to one of these.

What size is that frame and do you happen to know the weight of it?
    It's a size Large. Wish I knew the frame weight - the bike was built up when I bought it. It's a light, but very durable build - full XTR, Thomson post/stem, FSA carbon bars, King/Stans Olympic/tubeless/<500g tires, Alligator TiNi rotors and a 180g saddle. A true WW build would get it under 23 pounds.

I love the thing - it's a rocket. Swallows up roots, but still jumps with each pedal stroke. Build quality is as good as any bike I've ever seen. I'm ~170 pounds and it's as stiff as I would want it to be. Geometry is spot on for tight East coast, technical singletrack. Totally happy with it.
    Trek 6000-Planet X-SC Heckler-Turner Burner-Indy Fab-Ventana El Comandante-Cannondale Rize-Intense Spider-C'dale F29 Carbon