mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Spider FRO weight and opinions

anybody have the true weight of a spider FRO frame (size medium). I have an old spider and although I loved the way it rode (now cracked) it wasn't exactly a light weight xc bike and I had to replace the pivot bearings twice a year. How much lighter are the FRO frames? Has the bearing durability gotten any better? Frame durability any better (mine cracked at the seattube - bb junction)? I would be using the bike for xc races as well as regular xc / all day rides and i can't afford to have a 'race only' bike. I'm currently on a carbon racer x that I have grown tired of and I'm looking for my new race bike for next year.

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    2390g in Medium Works including RP23 shock. 2494g in Medium Pearl White with RP23. 2496g in Large Red.

Same bearing size as the original Tracer. Can easily be modified to accept grease nipples.

Ole.
    Last edited by Ole; 10-27-2008 at 10:00 AM.

mtbr member
    @Ole
    2390g including fork???Sauser will throw away his Epic!
    Does the new RP23 fork look like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ole
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sorry, my fingers' been doing that all day, typing something else than what my brain thinks.

Ole.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    2390g in Medium Works including RP23 shock. 2494g in Medium Pearl White with RP23. 2496g in Large Red.

Same bearing size as the original Tracer. Can easily be modified to accept grease nipples.

Ole.
    thanks for the info so quickly.