mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Spider comp fork - Mr Intense opinion please

I am contemplating a spider comp 29 and want your opinion on what setup works best. I would be using a 34 series fox fork because the 32 series are noodles in braking bumps.

The two options are 1. the talas 34, which may be too slack for single track riding in the 34 setting but can be lowered for climbing or 2. A float 34 lowered to 130mm or 120mm. What have you found the best handling, most versital setup for riding in mountains in Colorado and eastern Utah? I am leaning towards a float in the 130mm setting if it gets along we'll on long climbs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider View Post
    I am contemplating a spider comp 29 and want your opinion on what setup works best. I would be using a 34 series fox fork because the 32 series are noodles in braking bumps.

The two options are 1. the talas 34, which may be too slack for single track riding in the 34 setting but can be lowered for climbing or 2. A float 34 lowered to 130mm or 120mm. What have you found the best handling, most versital setup for riding in mountains in Colorado and eastern Utah? I am leaning towards a float in the 130mm setting if it gets along we'll on long climbs.

The Spider comp is at home running anything from a 120 , 130 or 140 and you could even throw a 150 on there, I think you would be happy right in the middle with the 130 and the 5" in the back is a pretty sweet trail setup with great geo , I have mine set up with a 130 but a 32 and can handle anything I dare ride and still a great climber with the 17.5" chainstays , my favorite at the moment for long adventure rides.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spider comp fork - Mr Intense opinion please-2013-spider-29comp-5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice set up- roughly 26 pounds in that build?

mtbr member
    May 2004

Sag

Mr Intense

What sag would you run on that Spider comp 29"? Will there be any recommendation?