mtbr member

Spider 2 with a 150mm fork?

I know there is a lot of hype about the new line of bikes on the horizon, but lets not forget the ones we already have. Has or is anyone running a 150mm fork on a Spider 2 (2010/2011, not the newest version)?

I know the recommended is 120-140mm. I am currently running 130mm and love it but would just like the extra travel upfront (not sure I would notice the extra 10mm if I went with 140mm). Actually I'd love Tracer but that won't happen for some time.

The old website had two sets of geo for the Spider 2, one with a 120mm fork and the 2nd with a 150mm fork so I'm not sure if this was a mistake or even if it advisable.

Whats the consensus?

mtbr member
    I guess the silence means one of 2 things, either no one knows, or no one cares.

I'll just try it, I suppose the worst thing that can happen is a broken frame, fractured clavicle and a pride so shattered it shall never be repaired!!!

mtbr member
    I think an extra 10mm would be fine. The slightly slacker head angle would be a plus in my opinion. While I love my spider 2 I have always felt it could be a little slacker.

I did email intense back in early 2011 regarding some build questions and got a response that the customer service contact at Intense's dream build was a 150mm fork. Not that Intense did or did not condone a 150mm fork but it does infer that its most likely OK.

mtbr member
    Thanks very much for that. I think the slack HA will really help with stability at speed downhill and shouldn't have too negative effect on it climbing prowess.