Thread: Socom "Pushed"

mtbr member
    May 2006

Socom "Pushed"

My socom is about ready for a rear shock service. Is it worth getting my DHX pushed? Has anyone done it? I read things saying its the best thing ever but is this the case on this shock and bike?

mtbr member
    those fox shox are gigantic turds straight from fox. Get the full push treatment and it will be like a new boinger

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Boinger. Ha Ha...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Just had my roco pushed for my 66 and am loving it. they even re-valved the TST for high speed compression dampening which is a nice touch. It feels like the rear tire is glued to the ground!

mtbr member
    WOW, nice thread. I got my PUSH form for my Roco today!! Ill be sending my Roco to PUSH in a few days.

Old school BMXer
    I had the shock Pushed for my M3 - oh that was such an improvement. After that, the suspension felt bottomless (partially due to the new bump stop they installed). I'd do it again.

And I did! After a couple rides on my SlopeStyle, off the shock went to Push. And although they shipped it back two weeks later than what they said, the end result was just as great as I had experienced on my M3.

If I had a DHX shock on my M6, it would have gone straight to Push.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200
    I had the shock Pushed for my M3 - oh that was such an improvement. After that, the suspension felt bottomless (partially due to the new bump stop they installed). I'd do it again.

And I did! After a couple rides on my SlopeStyle, off the shock went to Push. And although they shipped it back two weeks later than what they said, the end result was just as great as I had experienced on my M3.

If I had a DHX shock on my M6, it would have gone straight to Push.
    W O R D

had the same on my m3...that was astonishing. i felt like on an other bike.
    what did they improve on your ss?

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by bachmayeah
    W O R D

had the same on my m3...that was astonishing. i felt like on an other bike.
    what did they improve on your ss?
    Basically the same thing. I didn't have that much time on the stock shock, but I could feel that it would bottom out. After having the shock Pushed, the travel feels bottomless. I often forget that it's only a 6.5" travel bike. It almost feels the same as the M3/M6. I sometimes think that if the head angle were a bit slacker, I may not feel the difference between my SS and M6! Yes, I really like my SS that much. I also have to give kudos to the Fox Van 36 RC2 on the SS as well.

mtbr member
    kudo?

Old school BMXer
    kudo?
    ku⋅do   /ˈkudoʊ, ˈkyu-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [koo-doh, kyoo-] Show IPA Pronunciation

noun, plural -dos for 2.
    1. honor; glory; acclaim: No greater kudo could have been bestowed.
    2. a statement of praise or approval; accolade; compliment: one kudo after another.

mtbr member

I got mine!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyboy
    Just had my roco pushed for my 66 and am loving it. they even re-valved the TST for high speed compression dampening which is a nice touch. It feels like the rear tire is glued to the ground!
    I got my pushed Roco and im going with the Ti spring i really want the whole pro works feeling for my bike. This years setup on my 6.6 will include custom paint, new brakes and works rear shock

biking is fun
    i just bought a socom frame of my bro which is pretty much new and it has a pushed dhx 5.0. i can't wait to build it up and try it out.
    the only thing im worried about is it was pushed for a 195 pound rider and im 180-185 with gear on. i emailed push and they said as long as the sag is right it should be ok.

it also has a #400 ti coil on it. does this sound close to you guys or should i go with 350 for my weight?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The problem we have in the uk is that push is done by Tim Flooks. I like to use Mojo the fox authorised people, as i know they are really good and fast at what they do. This is from past experiences. So to go to push and have to wait for my shock up to two weeks from other post sounds rubbish. But the performance sounds so great!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz---@fsmail.net
    The problem we have in the uk is that push is done by Tim Flooks. I like to use Mojo the fox authorised people, as i know they are really good and fast at what they do. This is from past experiences. So to go to push and have to wait for my shock up to two weeks from other post sounds rubbish. But the performance sounds so great!!
    that indeed is rubbish. you will never have wait two weeks for letting your shock pushed. i am from germany and i sent my dhx5 in january to the tf-team. i had an appointment for it and it took about 7 days or so. i can really recommend the tf team

Old school BMXer
    that indeed is rubbish. you will never have wait two weeks for letting your shock pushed. i am from germany and i sent my dhx5 in january to the tf-team. i had an appointment for it and it took about 7 days or so. i can really recommend the tf team
    It sounds like having that mod done is a little more reliable on that side of the pond. The last time I sent my shock to Push Industries, their turn-around time was showing 5-7 days. I shipped my shock next-day delivery, and I received it back in just over three weeks.

KMG
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I sent my DHX (for a 6.6) to TF a Monday, it was Pushed on Tuesday and posted back the same day and i was riding again on the Wednesday. They book up well in advance though so you need to work out what date suits you best.

I have to agree with all of the above posts, pushing the DHX really works for the VPP design This is because improves (amongst other things) the small bump compliance, oil flow and compression control and how the end stroke of the travel behaves.

Although the 6.6 is a great bike (with a DHX coil not the air, the latter has issues) getting it Pushed was something else.

To make this mean something i finish my morning training ride on a track called mini Rheola. It takes its name after the Dragon track in Wales, for good reason. Have a look on YouTube and you'll see what i mean. With my normal DHX the 6.6 was really feeling a lot of the ruts and rocks and the bike definitely felt "pingy", even with rebound set fairly slow. With the Push system the bike felt more controlled, bottomless even and tracked the gound a whole lot better. I was able to really float over the ruts and roots and control pre-load a lot better. You jut knew that the bike was tracking your line. On average i was knocking off about 10 seconds, just because i knew i could hit certain sections that much harder.

For what my opinion's worth i would highly recommend Pushing the DHX, it will seriously improve the bike's performance. I just wish there was an upgrade that i could take that would improve my performance by as much

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KMG
    To make this mean something i finish my morning training ride on a track called mini Rheola. It takes its name after the Dragon track in Wales, for good reason. Have a look on YouTube and you'll see what i mean.
    muddy day.. nice track http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=gJRYuElg7nI

mtbr member
    May 2006

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by KMG
    I sent my DHX (for a 6.6) to TF a Monday, it was Pushed on Tuesday and posted back the same day and i was riding again on the Wednesday. They book up well in advance though so you need to work out what date suits you best.

I have to agree with all of the above posts, pushing the DHX really works for the VPP design This is because improves (amongst other things) the small bump compliance, oil flow and compression control and how the end stroke of the travel behaves.

Although the 6.6 is a great bike (with a DHX coil not the air, the latter has issues) getting it Pushed was something else.

To make this mean something i finish my morning training ride on a track called mini Rheola. It takes its name after the Dragon track in Wales, for good reason. Have a look on YouTube and you'll see what i mean. With my normal DHX the 6.6 was really feeling a lot of the ruts and rocks and the bike definitely felt "pingy", even with rebound set fairly slow. With the Push system the bike felt more controlled, bottomless even and tracked the gound a whole lot better. I was able to really float over the ruts and roots and control pre-load a lot better. You jut knew that the bike was tracking your line. On average i was knocking off about 10 seconds, just because i knew i could hit certain sections that much harder.

For what my opinion's worth i would highly recommend Pushing the DHX, it will seriously improve the bike's performance. I just wish there was an upgrade that i could take that would improve my performance by as much
    Yes i love Reola the top section and the last bit of star wars is my favourite. It was dry and sunny for me this time too!!!!!! That is rare in Wales. Sounds like the way to go although the socom feels quite plush already.