No dear i got it cheaper

So after much debate between Nomad, 6.6, VPX i went for the...

.....VPX and i think so far have made the right choice. After coming from a 5.5 i wanted something a bit more burlier. So after 2 months of switching between each bike i plumped for the VPX and to build it into a long travel trail bike hence the air shock the zero stack headset and 160mm Talas 36's to steepen the head angle and to run a 3 ring set up (which is a pain in the arse trying to find the right front mech that would fit such a tight space) and the stem will be getting changed to a Thompson x4 when the shop gets them in. Only one problem also ordered a Gravity Dropper but i thick the cockpit is going to be to tight with it on so you might be seeing it on ebay soon. It was a close call as i had a deposit on a 6.6 but after seeing a large frame it put me off straight away, the support for the seatpost coming from the top tube look ok on the medium but on the large it just looked massive, just made the bike look to big for my liking.
    She comes in at 34 lbs but with lighter tyres could come easily come under 32 lbs. Only been round the car park so far and done a 4' stair drop so will be christening her with a trip to Glentress on Sunday, anyway heres some pics (sorry they are indoor but it was lashing down last night).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tails; 01-25-2006 at 03:39 PM.

suspension whore
    Damm sexy- that is one stout trail bike- what do you weigh?

Mine 6.6 weighs in at 33.5 lbs with down hill cranks and a similar build nice job there
    XTR saves youy about a pound i guess, nice job- I'm sure you are going to love it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (156.5 KB, 403 views)
    Intense 6.6..... Demo 9.

Mammoth MTN downhilling - check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_m_pb0Ns0

mtbr member
    I don't know what bike you are coming off from but wait til you point that baby downhill! Blew my RFX away.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone lives

No dear i got it cheaper
    [QUOTE=matthew]Damm sexy- that is one stout trail bike- what do you weigh?

Me i'm tall and skinny but i like to call it athletic looking , 6'3 and 157 lbs. The bike 34lbs.

Bike Hoor
    I sold my Uzzi.. now I suffer from Uzzi envy. I am still debating bikes.. thinking VP Free or Nomad, but let me assure you of this. If those bikes can't live up to the HIGH benchmark set by the Uzzi, they will get sold promptly and then replaced with another VPX. Good choice.
    Pedalling the goods since 2002.
    http://www.boutiquebikes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tails
    She comes in at 34 lbs but with lighter tyres could come easily come under 32 lbs. Only been round the car park so far and done a 4' stair drop so will be christening her with a trip to Glentress on Sunday, anyway heres some pics (sorry they are indoor but it was lashing down last night).
    Nice bike! When I was in Scotland 2 years ago, I really wanted to check out Glentress, but it was too far away from my wife's family in Arbroath. Take some pics!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Very nice bike, where did you pick it up from? I'm going to guess the NWMTB. Let us know how you get on with it up at Glentress.

Goes to 11

GREAT choice !

This has also been my choice after I found a small crack on my amazing 5.5 frame,
    If you're on your way for the bigger stuff, don't settle for anything else!
    (unless you want to upgrade again 6 months from now)

You will enjoy it, oh yeah
    Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads..

a tight kick sound

Hey IB

Good luck with the new frame!
    your old uzzi is now white and in my bedroom waiting to be ridden

No dear i got it cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by spl@t
    Very nice bike, where did you pick it up from? I'm going to guess the NWMTB. Let us know how you get on with it up at Glentress.

Originally was going to use NWMTB, which is where i got my 5.5 from but they didn't seem interested made numerous phone calls and sent a dozen emails and nobody got back to me when they said they would , so i thought sod them and went to Iron Horse Cyclery in Darlington and Ivan sorted me out. I highly recommend this shop and Ivan, very helpful bloke this man knows his stuff, so they got the money and i got my new 7.75 inch toy

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Will bear that one in mind, ta.

Members who have read this thread: 0