conjoinicorned

Small frame riders with dropper posts, help!

I won't see my new small tracer 29 for some months as I'm out of town for work...but I'm trying to order parts so when I get home I can ride!

Looking for a dropper post, and wondering what length is working for small frames (most of the intense frames have similar seattube configs so it shouldn't make much difference...)

I'm 5'6" if it helps, and looking at the reverb in either 380 or 420 length

Thanks for any advice, thoughts, or opinions
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    It all depends how much Post you can handle out of the frame. If you go with 420 Will it be too High? If so you need 380.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Hi, theres an easy way to work it out on paper, I had to do the same with my Uzzi
    you need to know you're inside leg measurement from nuts to floor, minus you're crank length then minus the centre of bb to top of seat tube, the number you have left will be how much post and saddle there will be out of the frame, generally theres about 50mm from rail to saddle top so take that away too, what you're left with is visible post, take that away from 420mm or 380mm and that will be the amount of post in the frame, you should now know which post length you'll need!
    I've put a stealth reverb 420mm in my small Uzzi and to be honest I could have used the 380mm my saddle height is 700mm bb to saddle top.
    Hope you can understand the process and it helps with you're decision!
    M

Competent User

Small frame riders with dropper posts, help!

I have a medium Camber and I have a 355/100 reverb. I've read that Tallboy LTs have trouble fitting bigger droppers. What I'm saying is, make sure, and don't guess.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    me same situation,i use ks dropper 355x100