mtbr member

Slope Style, flush mount headset and Fox 36 questions

I have seen lots of pictures of flush mount reducing headsets and Fox 36's. Questions are:

Any clearance issues with the fork and down tube? I would think not as there appears to be enough clearance with the offset head tube but I want to be sure before I swap the head set cups out.

Second question. What fork/head set combination give the head angle and BB heights listed on the Intense website? Or more important, what lower stack height headset and fork axle to crown?

biking is fun
    All of the pictures of the SS on the intense website ( i believe the first one was raw and now the current red one) have had a fox 36 with a reducer headset. im guessing that is what they base the geometry off of. i could be wrong though.

if thats the case the stack height of a 36 is 545 and a typical flush headset is about 4-5mm.

i know that was in no way a for sure answer but i would guess its close considering that is how it is pictured everytime on their website.

Commit or eat sh!t
    My brother has Talas on his (medium), although he has Chris King headset. Looks like clearance is okay if you were to use flush headset with Talas. I have flush on mine with Lyrik, and I think mine handles a little better. But his 2009 Talas is an excellent fork, feels like a coil fork, lighter, and lot more convenient to change the travel. Fox really improved it from previous models.

mtbr member
    Swapped in the flush lower headset cup this morning, there is NO clearance issues with the Fox 36 and the down tube.

Been searching all the threads here, best I can come up with is the SS wash designed around a 160mm Nixon with a flush mount headset. Appears the 160mm Nixon has a 542mm axle to crown. New Intense Slopestyle frame !!!