mtbr member

Shock size for alloy Spider 29er?

I think I need to replace or service my shock- can anyone tell me what size shock is needed for the frame? I may get a replacement while I send it off to get fixed.

Thank you in advance.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by grouan View Post
    I think I need to replace or service my shock- can anyone tell me what size shock is needed for the frame? I may get a replacement while I send it off to get fixed.

Thank you in advance.
    I'm also interested, been using the search function and google without any luck.

Jim

I fix your broken ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by grouan View Post

Thank you in advance.
    If you are referring to the most recent version of the aluminum Spider 29 then the shock size will be 7.5"x2". First gen aluminum Spider 29's used a 6.5"x1.5" though. If you're not sure which version you have, post a pic and I'll be able to tell. You can also tell by the serial number, stamped under the bottom bracket- the more recent Spider 29 serial will start with "BE" while the original version will start with "J"
    Sam Wilson
    Jack of All Trades
    Intense Cycles, Inc.
    Sam@Intensecycles.com

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-IntenseCustServ View Post
    If you are referring to the most recent version of the aluminum Spider 29 then the shock size will be 7.5"x2". First gen aluminum Spider 29's used a 6.5"x1.5" though. If you're not sure which version you have, post a pic and I'll be able to tell. You can also tell by the serial number, stamped under the bottom bracket- the more recent Spider 29 serial will start with "BE" while the original version will start with "J"
    Sam,

Thanks for the info.

Jim