Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Living the Dream
    Reputation: Alpenglow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,541

    Right Now! Intense Slope Style on Chainlove.com

    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,304

    Suspect Company ????

    What's there deal? Is it a real company?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    247
    Yep. They are part of backcountry.com and are used to clear inventory.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    247
    Wow. All gone. That was fast.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,570
    I know that chainlove is legit but I think this was fake.
    Why would someone sell a current model below cost? They are losing money on it. And I can't believe Intense would stab their other dealers that bad in the back and did give chainlove a deal. They pulled dealerships from a bunch of online stores because they were not supporting the brand. And I guess backcountry.com was for the longest time an Intense dealer after this.....

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    176
    This deal was legit. They only sold 2 bikes. Deals like this create a lot of buzz and a lot of traffic. I'm not sure if they are losing money or what Intense thinks of it, but they are '08 models being sold at the end of December.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by buildyourown
    This deal was legit. They only sold 2 bikes. Deals like this create a lot of buzz and a lot of traffic. I'm not sure if they are losing money or what Intense thinks of it, but they are '08 models being sold at the end of December.
    Trust me, they must be losing money.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    ^^ the deal is legit, these were a few closeout frames. And no, chainlove did not lose money on it. There are a few more frames at that cost in inventory so keep an eye out.

  9. #9
    Takin'er easy
    Reputation: Joss DeWaele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    178
    Intense is losing $, and flooding the market with product, as they have overstock. In simple economic terms, this is a buyer's market due to overproduction, and all sellers get f**ked, especially those NOT owned by the Home Shopping Network (QVC). For those of you who may make the competition-is-the-blood-life-of-capitalism argument, take that frame to your LBS to be built up and see what kind of service you get.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forceyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesaregood
    Intense is losing $, and flooding the market with product, as they have overstock. In simple economic terms, this is a buyer's market due to overproduction, and all sellers get f**ked, especially those NOT owned by the Home Shopping Network (QVC). For those of you who may make the competition-is-the-blood-life-of-capitalism argument, take that frame to your LBS to be built up and see what kind of service you get.
    If it saves me $1000 on a frame I'll skip the LBS any day.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesaregood
    Intense is losing $, and flooding the market with product, as they have overstock. In simple economic terms, this is a buyer's market due to overproduction, and all sellers get f**ked, especially those NOT owned by the Home Shopping Network (QVC). For those of you who may make the competition-is-the-blood-life-of-capitalism argument, take that frame to your LBS to be built up and see what kind of service you get.
    I don't know anything about Intense's end of the business, and I won't touch the LBS/internet retailer thing with a 10-foot pole. It is what it is.

    But I do want to clarify that Backcountry is NOT owned by QVC. It is owned by Liberty Media. Another property that Liberty owns is QVC. Backcountry has nothing to do with QVC.

    P.S. Chainlove has been blowing out closeout Intense frames for months now, this is nothing new - everything from 5.5's to M3's.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    ^^ the deal is legit, these were a few closeout frames. And no, chainlove did not lose money on it. There are a few more frames at that cost in inventory so keep an eye out.
    How did they get deals on frames significantly below cost of my LBS?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    Closeouts from Intense, I would assume. I honestly don't know.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JohnnyG 1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by forceyoda
    If it saves me $1000 on a frame I'll skip the LBS any day.
    That is a great deal. Why not take advantage of it. $1000.00 is a lot of money to save.Why pay more if you don't have to.I own a on line business. Selling something at your cost, you're not losing money. Better than it, just sitting there. Plus some places when they buy in bulk they get very good deals. Better than say a small shop.As far as your LBS goes. They are still getting your business AKA the labor to work on or build your bike. I am taking a guess at this one. But I am pretty sure they got the OK from Intense. Because why risk having your Intense dealership pulled. I know of one shop that lost there Intense dealership. Other shops drop a dime on them.I know a guy who bought a 5.5 29er-frame from them very cheap. Note after they lost there Intense dealership they just unloaded all there Intense stuff.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    87
    WHO CARES ...... as long as it benefits us ... THE CUSTOMER i am happy. Just too bad i missed it.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: forceyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    444
    I wish there was more of this. I think that all of these fixed MSRP prices that the bike companies are forcing suck.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37
    Yea i think its great for the consumer. But whats not great...the cheese thats on chainlove most of the time. Lets see some new stuff it seems like the same shorts, jerseys, and gloves have just been repeating forever.

    Is the SS coming back? Chainattack says only two sold...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    463
    My local bike shop is always happy to build me a bike, they even said once just go and buy online as it's cheaper and they couldn't price match. They would still build me up a bike with those parts. All this nonsense about having to buy a frame from them so they don't give you a crap service is bull.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by saga
    My local bike shop is always happy to build me a bike, they even said once just go and buy online as it's cheaper and they couldn't price match. They would still build me up a bike with those parts. All this nonsense about having to buy a frame from them so they don't give you a crap service is bull.
    Sort of...with shops have a tough time making ends meet, they need all the business they can get. A current trend, at least with clothing is to try on specialty items in stores like bike shops then go buy online. Not cool at all...

    I'm on the fence about buying online, then having your shop do the work. I guess you just can't expect a fast turnaround. If you can't do your own work just buy the parts there, its a concept that never made sense to me. Learn your way around a wrench.....ok i'll stop im starting to rant.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    Closeouts from Intense, I would assume. I honestly don't know.
    This is what I was wondering. Normally all authorized dealers get offered the same deal if Intense has closeouts.

  21. #21
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    I don't know anything about Intense's end of the business, and I won't touch the LBS/internet retailer thing with a 10-foot pole. It is what it is.

    But I do want to clarify that Backcountry is NOT owned by QVC. It is owned by Liberty Media. Another property that Liberty owns is QVC. Backcountry has nothing to do with QVC.

    P.S. Chainlove has been blowing out closeout Intense frames for months now, this is nothing new - everything from 5.5's to M3's.
    FWIW, Backcountry.com, either through Chainlove.com or through it's own website, is going to be an online Intense dealer. They've begun the process of setting up an inhouse bike shop at their headquarters here in Salt Lake City and recruited some of the staff from the Wild Rose shop (a local Intense dealer) to get things underway. From what I understand, they'll be selling completes and these guys will be the ones building them up and shipping them out to everyone.

    So you'll probably see a lot more deals coming out of either or both websites depending on the route they take.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JohnnyG 1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    777
    In todays economy. Trust me!!! There be some amazing deals coming around. The only catch is they go very fast. But as things get worst. There will be more more deals coming around. The shop thing. Yes my LBS does work on stuff you didn't buy from them. AKA they don't break your balls about it-like you did something wrong. They are smart in my opinion that is just good business. That is how you keep a customer and make money at the same time.

  23. #23
    Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Reputation: slcrockymountainrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,264
    Apparently their Intense stuff is already up and running on Backcountry.com http://www.backcountry.com/store/sub...ete-Bikes.html

    Happy shopping. BTW, if you have them build up your bike for you ask them to go easy on the headset spacers. The Wild Rose guys are known for piling them on their shop bikes.

    74 Slopestyle frames in stock. Crazy.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: esquire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,653

    That happens...

    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    Apparently their Intense stuff is already up and running on Backcountry.com http://www.backcountry.com/store/sub...ete-Bikes.html

    Happy shopping. BTW, if you have them build up your bike for you ask them to go easy on the headset spacers. The Wild Rose guys are known for piling them on their shop bikes.

    74 Slopestyle frames in stock. Crazy.
    Yes, the extra headset spacer or two is a popular thing simply because its easy to take head-tube away, not so easy to add some... Best to simply tell them how much you'd like 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", etc., then they can simply add a small one on the top of the stem just to make sure you are all set.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15
    I just scored the last M3 frame yesterday for $1349 on Chainlove. I saw the SS's a couple weeks ago for around $1450 and it was every colour and size so they'll probably pop up again. Haven't seen the 6.6's yet. Chainlove et al can be addictive!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •