Thread: Reverb Stealth?

mtbr member

Reverb Stealth?

Will the Uzzi and Tracer 2 frames have Reverb Stealth routing in the future? Similar as seen on the Tracer 27.5 proto?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I think the question is will the Uzzi and Tracer 2 frames continue to be produced once the 275 versions are brought to market. I'm willing to bet Tracer 275 and Carbine 275 orders will be the focus of production runs from now until the EOY.

mtbr member
    Do you really think people jump the 26" ship with such a limited supply of 27.5 tires, wheels and forks?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SRALPH View Post
    I think the question is will the Uzzi and Tracer 2 frames continue to be produced once the 275 versions are brought to market. I'm willing to bet Tracer 275 and Carbine 275 orders will be the focus of production runs from now until the EOY.
    lol. what ever.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    Do you really think people jump the 26" ship with such a limited supply of 27.5 tires, wheels and forks?
    I know I won't. It's been ten years and 29er is still pretty limited.

Reverb Stealth routing sure would be nice though. I expect we'll see that as a running change on the Aluminum bikes, and a few years out for carbon ones.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iRider View Post
    I'm not saying everyone with a 26" bike is going to make the switch - just that this is what Intense will likely be selling to the Trail/AM market. I would be surprised if there are still 26" bikes in Intense's Trail/AM line up this time next year. Intense seems to be investing a lot of time and effort touring the 275 bikes around to dealers to build up the order book.

OGC (exclusive Canadian distributor) were blowing out Intense completes and frames recently. I picked up a Tracer 2 for $1500, a friend got a Tracer VP for $1000 and my LBS has Uzzi frames for $1600 from this clear out. Several LBS owners told me they suspect OGC will only be ordering the 275 models for next season. Which means they are likely booking the orders now for next season.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SRALPH View Post
    Intense seems to be investing a lot of time and effort touring the 275 bikes around to dealers to build up the order book.

Several LBS owners told me they suspect OGC will only be ordering the 275 models for next season. Which means they are likely booking the orders now for next season.
    LBS owners think that the Canadian Distributor won't order any Gravity bikes or any 29ers? that sounds outright stupid. Is the Canadian Distributor stupid? There are, by my count, 7 26" wheeled bikes in the Intense line for next year, 4 29ers and 2 27.5 bikes (one of which is really just a 26er with new drop-outs, so only one 'different' model). I'd say Intense is excited about the Tracer 275, but c'mon, let's keep it real. Intense has 12 models and only one is designed as 27.5, 650b will still be a small niche next year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The opportunity that the 275 brings to Intense is extremely exciting and the benefits the wheel size offers to the rider are equally rad. We do not plan to cut 26" trail bikes from our line the Tracer 2 is still one of our best selling bikes. We hope that the 275 movement brings new faces to the Intense tribe. As most of you on the forum here know, our bikes are among the best. The ability to offer the 275 before most other brands is a great way to get more people behind our brand. As for Canadian Distribution, there will be plenty of bikes available in Canada and a solid percentage of them will be DH rigs. Our partnership with OGC is as strong as ever. Sometimes the hearsay can be overwhelming.

If you haven't had a chance to get on a new Intense, check out our Facebook page for details on our demo tour. We are in Downeyville now and will be headed to Whistler for Crankworks, beyond that the tour heads back south via a pacific northwest tour.

Keep your eyes peeled for the red Intense sprinter van coming through a town near you!

mtbr member
    The Reverb Stealth cable routing is awesome. I hope they put them on all their future frames. I will wait for that option.