外国人
    Jun 2007

reverb dropper post for an intense uzzi vpx large

hi, anybody tried using a reverb dropper post on an old 2007 intense uzzi vpx? i am trying to measure the correct length but i read somewhere that the seat tubes for a couple of batches of vpxs were not reamed hence you cannot fully utilize the entire length of the seat tube (i might be wrong).

i am looking into getting this:
    seat tube size - 31.6mm
    length - 380mm
    lever - right hand lever with 125mm drop.

rider size - 6' and no idea how long my legs and arms (fit is personal hehehe)

i know i should break out the measuring tape and do the measurements myself but just wondering if anybody out there did this (or is anyone there still have a vpx ).

thank you!
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
    hi, anybody tried using a reverb dropper post on an old 2007 intense uzzi vpx? i am trying to measure the correct length but i read somewhere that the seat tubes for a couple of batches of vpxs were not reamed hence you cannot fully utilize the entire length of the seat tube (i might be wrong).

i am looking into getting this:
    seat tube size - 31.6mm
    length - 380mm
    lever - right hand lever with 125mm drop.

rider size - 6' and no idea how long my legs and arms (fit is personal hehehe)

i know i should break out the measuring tape and do the measurements myself but just wondering if anybody out there did this (or is anyone there still have a vpx ).

thank you!
    Hi, same problem here. '07 VPX has plenty of weld around the seat tube - so much so that the heat has warped the tube, try putting a rule along it and you'll see what I mean.

I have an SDG I Beam post, but it was only going into the frame by 4 -5 inches, I cut off some of the post to get it in to start with. This bugged me for about a year, so I started looking for a reamer. Non of my local bike shops had one but I eventually found an adjustable one on ebay and got it for 23. This was pretty lucky as new ones are about 150. I used a spanner on one end and slowly reamed the tube out. It worked! I can now easily higher and lower my seat tube, but I did have to modify the clamp afterwards with a file as the reamer took out more material from the open end of the tube than I expected because of the warp

The VPX is all faff! Have you measured the rear wheel spacing yet?

I use mine for DH, it has slacker G3 dropouts, 1 offset shock bush and a 1.5 degree Works Components angleset and 888's. It works well, but its an ongoing saga!

外国人
    Jun 2007
    thanks for the tip on the reamer!

i am also having the same experience with the uzzi vpx, it is sooo bomb proof that it goes on and on. it was a dh bike in its previous "life" but and now it is primarily a trail bike "overkill" as i am a fat dude at 250 without armor, I need all the burliness i can get. you are right, it is an "on-going" saga, and am actually thinking of retiring it and getting a newish bike with updated geometry (not to mention lighter!) but i think at the present state, i would be keeping it as it is.

when things get a bit better, i might look into having it reamed and installing a dropper post.

cheers!
    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start